Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:44:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Accrington Stanley game off tonight good news for Rovers.  (Read 2826 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
Three players will be missing for saturday. 
Accrington will be missing defender Omar Beckles and two others against Cambridge. Stanley have elected not to appeal Beckles' dismissal against Colchester on Saturday and the defender will now serve a three-match suspension. John Coleman's defensive options were already stretched with Janoi Donacien still to serve one more game on his two-match ban, while midfielder Sean McConville picked up his 10th booking of the season on Saturday, triggering a two-game suspension too.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Accrington Stanley game off tonight good news for Rovers.
« Reply #1 on February 21, 2017, 07:37:55 pm by The Red Baron »
My initial thoughts were that I would rather that they had played and had a tough game tonight. However having read that, I've changed my mind.

darren61

« Reply #2 on February 21, 2017, 08:45:35 pm by darren61 »
Every little helps! Cue Asda advert. COYR

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 21, 2017, 09:01:18 pm by Rovers91 »
Theres going to be a game at home soon where we give a team a proper pasting, hopefully on Saturday and get back in them goals.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 21, 2017, 09:06:07 pm by idler »
I've seen the last three draws but won't see us again until the Crawley game so hopefully our luck will return. 😳
I just hope that this isn't one of those games where we are such favourites but it goes horribly wrong.

ballysbackin

« Reply #5 on February 21, 2017, 10:16:33 pm by ballysbackin »
And another one bit the dust tonight. Wycombe are, I think out the frame of probably the play offs. losing 1-0 at Colchester

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2017, 03:10:55 am by IDM »
And another one bit the dust tonight. Wycombe are, I think out the frame of probably the play offs. losing 1-0 at Colchester

Are you serious??  Wycombe are ONE POINT outside the play off positions with 14 games to go.  The mind boggles!!!

There are 8 points separating teams between 6th and 15th (11 between 4th and 15th but the teams 13-15 have a game in hand too), and we ourselves only got 3 points from the last 12, so anything can change - those play off places, or at least two of them, are wide open...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 03:13:12 am by IDM »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2017, 03:36:59 am by Bristol Red Rover »
It's possible that after this weekend Newport won't be able to catch us, on Tues Orient could join them, the fun starts! :blink:

ballysbackin

« Reply #8 on February 22, 2017, 08:18:15 am by ballysbackin »

Are you serious??  Wycombe are ONE POINT outside the play off positions with 14 games to go.  The mind boggles!!!

There are 8 points separating teams between 6th and 15th (11 between 4th and 15th but the teams 13-15 have a game in hand too), and we ourselves only got 3 points from the last 12, so anything can change - those play off places, or at least two of them, are wide open...

Look at their recent form

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2017, 08:58:58 am by Bezza »
i wouldn`t worry about what side Accrington are bringing, i just expect us to see them off very comfortably.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2017, 09:40:08 am by idler »
Whichever side Accrington put out they will work their socks off and probably be physical to try to put us off our stride.
We could do with an early goal to settle us and open the game up a bit.

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2017, 09:48:08 am by podrover73 »
i wouldn`t worry about what side Accrington are bringing, i just expect us to see them off very comfortably.
Just like we did on the first game of the season ?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2017, 11:37:07 am by drfchound »
Most fans thought we would easily beat Mansfield, Morecambe and Newport.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2017, 11:45:11 am by IDM »

Look at their recent form

Look at ours!!!

If we expect our form to pick up then why can't anyone else's??

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2017, 12:28:50 pm by RoversAlias »
I've missed the last three games and we haven't won any of them, so hopefully my return triggers a return to winning ways  :P

I haven't actually seen us lose at home in the league since the Peterborough game 11 months ago. That said, the only league defeat I've been present for since then was against...Accrington Stanley.

I'm no good at this 'omens' lark!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2017, 12:31:32 pm by NickDRFC »
I've missed the last three games and we haven't won any of them, so hopefully my return triggers a return to winning ways  :P

I haven't actually seen us lose at home in the league since the Peterborough game 11 months ago. That said, the only league defeat I've been present for since then was against...Accrington Stanley.

I'm no good at this 'omens' lark!

Not that many people have given our only other league defeat was against Blackpool a week later!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2017, 12:39:04 pm by RoversAlias »
Like I said, not very good at this omens lark  ;)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2017, 01:22:11 pm by Campsall rover »
Well ever the optermist I think we we will win on Saturday and comfortably. Someone is going to be on the end of a heavy defeat and my gut feeling is it may well be Accrington.
If I am right it will send out the message to the rest of the league 'catch us if you can'
AND THEY WILL NOT  :woohoo:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012