Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:25:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The original pie gate  (Read 1839 times)

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
The original pie gate
« on February 22, 2017, 08:08:22 pm by Andy Smith »
Does anyone remember the original pie gate at Valley Parade?
2nd half Bradford get a corner and then suddenly out of the DRFC fans comes a pie which hits Dean Windass who then picks it up and eats it even tho corner comes over.
That was the same game when Donny Dog tried getting his leg over the Bradford cheerleaders at half time

One of the funniest afternoons following Rovers ever

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: The original pie gate
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2017, 08:15:52 pm by mushRTID »
Unless it's a different incident my memory of it was...Bradford scored (wetherall?), windass wound the rovers fans up by rubbing his pocket as though he'd had some money on it. A pukka pie then rained down from the top tier.

I may be wrong though.

Also saw a pie thrown from the Oldham fans into the rovers fans after Syers last minute Winner on Boxing Day.

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 22, 2017, 09:06:39 pm by Andy Smith »
May have got it wrong but yes same incident

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2017, 09:26:29 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I remember Wigan fans launching a pie at Willie Boyd too. He wasn't impressed...

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2017, 09:51:27 pm by Drover »
MMmmmm Pies,3 pie events while watching Rovers stick in my mind,All at BV,the first is a couple of Disgruntled fans moaning at Cussack and stead,and one eventually throwing a pie at them as they went down the tunnel after the game.To which Cussack and Stead grabbed one of the said fans and took him down the tunnel,and I could just see him being pushed to the tunnel wall by cussack,before Stead closed the door to stop his mates following.5 mins later he was released back out looking pale and quiet.The second was a pie thrown a Refree going down the tunnel,and the third was a young lad about 8 or 9 asking a woman in a food kiosk,what pies have you got?We've only got Meat and potato.Oh,can I have a meat one then please,replied the boy.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2017, 10:17:00 pm by johnny rovers »
Does anyone remember the original pie gate at Valley Parade?
2nd half Bradford get a corner and then suddenly out of the DRFC fans comes a pie which hits Dean Windass who then picks it up and eats it even tho corner comes over.
That was the same game when Donny Dog tried getting his leg over the Bradford cheerleaders at half time

One of the funniest afternoons following Rovers ever

Remember that well, Donny dog pulled the dogs tail around from under his legs and appears jerk off right in front off there cheerleaders, a classic moment!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2017, 11:48:44 pm by roversdude »
Drover surely you remember Hartlepool fan running on pitch to confront Rovers keeper with a pie

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2017, 08:59:35 am by idler »
Unless it's a different incident my memory of it was...Bradford scored (wetherall?), windass wound the rovers fans up by rubbing his pocket as though he'd had some money on it. A pukka pie then rained down from the top tier.

I may be wrong though.

Also saw a pie thrown from the Oldham fans into the rovers fans after Syers last minute Winner on Boxing Day.
He was rubbing his belly because they were calling him fat and pulling the front of his shirt to make his belly look bigger.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2017, 12:39:22 pm by Mike_F »
I'm surprised nobody as mentioned the time a Darlo fan ran on and shoved a pie in Dean Williams' face. Deano was not at all impressed as you would imagine.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2017, 01:01:01 pm by roversdude »
Mike if it was Darlo I apologise but thought it was Hartlepool

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2017, 01:07:16 pm by Mike_F »
Sorry... I also missed your post RD otherwise I would've probably guessed that was what you were on about. I'm now doubting myself, it may have been Hartlepool!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2017, 02:49:20 pm by roversdude »
At least we are pitching it in same area Mike lol

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2017, 02:55:13 pm by German Rover »
I remember it being hartlepool

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2017, 03:28:43 pm by Draytonian III »
Hartlepool,not Darlo, the didn't live in Hartlepool seemed to think he lived Dewsbury,might have been Shannon Mathews dad

TinyPortal © 2005-2012