Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:44:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ranieri  (Read 2619 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Ranieri
« on February 23, 2017, 07:47:21 pm by Prez »
Sacked according to reports.

Its a funny old game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Syme

• Forum Member
Re: Ranieri
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2017, 08:06:01 pm by Syme »
Confirmed

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-leicester-city-and-claudio-ranieri-part-company-3591441.aspx

They've looked doomed lately. If they still go down then it's a harsh call. If they stay up though, you'd have to say it was vindicated.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2017, 08:06:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Money.

Winning the title is nice, but relegation is too big a financial blow to take. That's what it comes down to.

Must have someone lined up with the timing.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 23, 2017, 08:07:45 pm by not on facebook »
Well it's on the wireless that he has been sacked .

I feal sorry for him  but the club it's self and the players need to take a very long long look at them sens as they are far more at fault than poor old manager.

All the title winning team were given top of the range bmw's and tenfold pay increase after winning the prem last term > >  > which in turn had effected the players hunger for this season.

I suppose it's where the state of football is today and is only going to get far more stupid before it gets back to any decent levels.

I honestly thought after the 2-1 deafeat in Spain last night it would give ranieri at least untill home game in champs league.

Far too managers get the sack due to the shite the players play out onto the pitch today.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2017, 08:42:33 pm by Syme »
It's hard to feel very sorry for him when he reportedly banked a £5-6m bonus for winning the league.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2017, 08:50:09 pm by not on facebook »
It's been reported that some of the players have been asking for Pearson to be brought back.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2017, 08:55:19 pm by DearneValleyRover »
To be fair Leicester are exactly where I thought they would be last season, losing Kante and the crackdown on defenders holding in the box has done for them.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2017, 09:29:15 pm by GazLaz »
Not signing two centre halves in the summer has cost them. Morgan and Huth are back to their useless selves. Morgan was an average L1 centre back when he played alongside Dawson at forest.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2017, 09:34:14 pm by RoversAlias »
That's football nowadays. Harsh in the extreme really but they can't afford to lose the massive cash windfall of the Premier League place.

Oddly he'd have been better off finishing 10th last year and then this as well, probably still have his job. Makes you wonder what football is all about really?

Also makes me glad I support a club that is not touched really by this merry-go-round at the top level nowadays.

CantleyRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2017, 09:35:16 pm by CantleyRed »
Really hope they get relegated now.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2017, 10:09:17 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not signing two centre halves in the summer has cost them. Morgan and Huth are back to their useless selves. Morgan was an average L1 centre back when he played alongside Dawson at forest.

Tend to agree, Morgan was average in league one I thought, amazing he's done so well and credit to him really.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2017, 10:13:27 pm by GazLaz »

Tend to agree, Morgan was average in league one I thought, amazing he's done so well and credit to him really.

Last season was just a complete fluke. The stars aligned in their favour and every player in their team had the best season they've ever had at the same time. They miss Kante admittedly. Drinkwater should send him his England cap because it was Kante that won him it.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2017, 10:35:13 pm by RedJ »
Sorry but you don't fluke a Premier League title.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2017, 10:44:49 pm by andysly »
I've said exactly what Gaz has said. Last season was their perfect storm. Not a single player in that team will reach the form again in their careers.
I was also wondering as someone else suggested- had they finished 12th or something last year then would  they have stuck with him

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2017, 10:51:08 pm by balbyrover »
What they did last season was remarkable and I doubt anything of the kind will happen again.
I don't think it was a fluke,the few times I watched them they were brilliant. They had great togetherness and worked hard for each other. Granted many of there players had the seasons of there careers but that's what happens when your whole squad are pulling together and working for each other.

This season though,the same players have a lot to answer for. They've let the manager down big time. Wonder how many times a day Vardy kicks himself for not taking that transfer to Arsenal?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2017, 11:51:55 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I had no intention of watching this match accidentally checked the score and saw derby winning 2-1 late on and thought Ranieri would be looking for his bicycle clips very soon especially if Burnley beat them on Tuesday

captain morgan apparently saved his job "for the moment" and kept him off the bottle l

however "opportunity knocks" ££££££

gazlaz see pm

by the way Sutton v leeds is free to everyone on BT 6-0 last time they met at Sutton in the fa cup down there

Fiver on Leicester to win with both side scoring (damn) with a double Rovers Yeovil drawing and both scoring

So 2 wrong in a weekend ?

Hopefully CLH is currently more POPLAR than trees  at the moment --

opportunity certainly did knock 

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2017, 03:45:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
They got on a run confidence built week after week and momentum took them over the line. The manager was very shrewd he changed very little last season which is against his nature-the one season he didn't 'tinker' and he won the title a lesson possibly to learn there.
He messed around with his Chelsea side at bad moments and cost himself success. This season he strengthened in the wrong areas with players with no premier league experience which made the squad not as together as it was.

They won last year by being efficient and hard to beat this season they thought 'We are the champions we are better than just defending well and working hard'. The problem is once they opened up and started changing things they lost their main strength-organisation.
The manager was too loyal to the players who in my opinion got wage rises and the hunger to succeed had gone. They also lost the guy who recruited players for them which didn't help. They were the side who suffered the most with defenders not being able to hold strikers at corners.

The pre season was all about making money not about setting pre season up to fit what was needed for the players. Mistakes made all over by all members of the club and the man who picks the team and recruits the players takes the whole of the blame with his sacking. In hindsight Vardy and Mahrez should have left in the summer but probably wanted to see what else they could achieve-back in the summer people were thinking they might even win the champions league. They will have felt loyalty to the club and manager no doubt.
 The manager has recruited badly not been able to keep his distance from his players which has led to him losing the ability to change the results. He looked totally incapable of changing things they players are in a 'go slow' mode that will take some turning around. Very harsh on the man but understandable when you look at the money it would cost them if relegated-money talks in the end.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2017, 10:50:27 am by Mac the hooped man »
I've said exactly what Gaz has said. Last season was their perfect storm. Not a single player in that team will reach the form again in their careers.
I was also wondering as someone else suggested- had they finished 12th or something last year then would  they have stuck with him
Perfect storm?  Someone been listening to bobbin talksport presenters talking shite...
A perfect storm is an especially bad situation caused by a combination of unfavourable circumstances.   
There might be a cliché to describe last year,  this isn't it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2017, 10:58:49 am by The Red Baron »
Perfect storm?  Someone been listening to bobbin talksport presenters talking shite...
A perfect storm is an especially bad situation caused by a combination of unfavourable circumstances.   

More like  "the planets all aligned."  ;)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2017, 11:08:13 am by RoversAlias »
They got on a run confidence built week after week and momentum took them over the line. The manager was very shrewd he changed very little last season which is against his nature-the one season he didn't 'tinker' and he won the title a lesson possibly to learn there.
He messed around with his Chelsea side at bad moments and cost himself success. This season he strengthened in the wrong areas with players with no premier league experience which made the squad not as together as it was.

They won last year by being efficient and hard to beat this season they thought 'We are the champions we are better than just defending well and working hard'. The problem is once they opened up and started changing things they lost their main strength-organisation.
The manager was too loyal to the players who in my opinion got wage rises and the hunger to succeed had gone. They also lost the guy who recruited players for them which didn't help. They were the side who suffered the most with defenders not being able to hold strikers at corners.

The pre season was all about making money not about setting pre season up to fit what was needed for the players. Mistakes made all over by all members of the club and the man who picks the team and recruits the players takes the whole of the blame with his sacking. In hindsight Vardy and Mahrez should have left in the summer but probably wanted to see what else they could achieve-back in the summer people were thinking they might even win the champions league. They will have felt loyalty to the club and manager no doubt.
 The manager has recruited badly not been able to keep his distance from his players which has led to him losing the ability to change the results. He looked totally incapable of changing things they players are in a 'go slow' mode that will take some turning around. Very harsh on the man but understandable when you look at the money it would cost them if relegated-money talks in the end.

Got to agree with pretty much all of that. Ranieri takes all the blame for the mistakes of them all - the owners and their chase for the dream, the players perhaps resting on their laurels, the recruitment and the pre-season tours.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 24, 2017, 12:26:42 pm by Mac the hooped man »

More like  "the planets all aligned."  ;)

Now that is spot on :-)

im going to "keep my powder dry" about my views on the matter of Raneiri.    (Where do they come up with this sh*te!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012