Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:28:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Friday Quiz question  (Read 3208 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Friday Quiz question
« Reply #30 on February 24, 2017, 03:38:13 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Got the fcuker it was rushden and diamonds as they dicked us in facup ,had to go to kiddminster on the train then get a taxi to the ground ?

Or do I get this mixed up with some other non league grounds/ team

The interesting thing is that we have never played either Rushden & Diamonds or Dagenham & Redgridge in a Football League match - only Conference (and FA Cup for R&D)

What gets on my tits is that you even know that I get rushden diamonds and dagerham and red bridge teams mixed up without me saying a word

Go and jump off a cliff  somewhere in holland please Dutch

Not too many of those cliffs over there................never found one in my 35 years there

but I can see a few out of my window over here in Northern Ireland

No offence meant pal, and I think many many people mix up DRFC, D&RFC and R&DFC  :)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:19:50 pm by Dutch Uncle »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 24, 2017, 03:57:22 pm by not on facebook »
Torquay united away on a Tuesday night when rovers won 2-0 I think.

Got the train down from donny and had to stay in hotel on the Tuesday night as no train back after the game.

Colin Douglass handed over the whole DRFC complimentary match ticket allocation to me as no rovers players wives or girlfriends went to the game.

after passing out the tickets to the 8 ddr lads on the train ,we passed out rest of the tickets left over to the one rovers coach load of rovers fans that turned up for this game.

Turned out there was far more rovers fans sat up In torquay seats along with us than rovers fans left on the terrace that night.

Then I had to buy Colin Douglass a few beers in torquays club bar after the game before team coach left .

This game was about 25 years ago I say .

Throw a game up from conference years or before and we can talk about it Glynn if I was there

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 24, 2017, 04:26:55 pm by 1879Rovers »
What about bolton they always seem to beat us in recent times. May have done in the past but I'm not 30 yet so no idea if they have?

I was mascot against Bolton in about 84. Won 2-0 early season and Glynn Snodin definitely got one.

Our record against Bolton in FL matches is W3, D1, L4

I well remember in, Dave Cusack's era, two 3-0 wins at OBV in 1986-7 over Christmas when we beat Bolton and Rotherham both 3-0 in a couple of days - the Rotherham match being the one where Tommy Gaynor scored his wonder goal. I think those 6 goals must account for most of Rovers goals scored at OBV in Cusack's entire reign as manager.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 24, 2017, 04:32:10 pm by not on facebook »
The missing answer to this has to be a   backward type of answer as I have been trawling throu shit loads of last day home programmes from which ones I have got and I can't find the answer .

I guess the Dutch mick uncle is sat with a pint of Kilkenny pissing
himself as he drags us throu the mill

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 24, 2017, 04:53:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
The missing answer to this has to be a   backward type of answer as I have been trawling throu shit loads of last day home programmes from which ones I have got and I can't find the answer .

I guess the Dutch mick uncle is sat with a pint of Kilkenny pissing
himself as he drags us throu the mill

Not sure which answer you are still looking for Oslo - we have them all.

Never played in the FL - Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Never beaten in the FL - Newcastle, Sunderland, Wycombe and Burton, with a maybe/probably not for Accrington Stanley

I did apologise higher up the thread when I had thought there was another 'never played' - thinking it was Arsenal but then I saw we played Arsenal in 1901 and 1902.  So sorry again if that is why you are still looking.

As for the Kilkenny ....I wish, I really do. I am having trouble shaking off the worst vomitting bug I have ever had - it will be a few days yet I think.  :(

By the way, just to add to the confusion, I am actually Welsh - my wife (who I met in my 35 years living in the Netherlands) comes from Northern Ireland. All my secondary schooldays were in Donny. To hijack the Carling advert ......... I am

'probably the only Dutch Speaking, Plaid Cymru Voting, Doncaster Rovers supporter living in Bangor, County Down'  :silly:

And I really love Norway - I have been there many many times, including the far North.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:20:36 pm by Dutch Uncle »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 24, 2017, 05:35:01 pm by not on facebook »
Looks like I was looking for the answer that had already been answered ,no wonder I was pulling my hair out.

As for far north of Norway I recommend anyone that's near svolvaer on the loften islands to try the loften war museum

http://www.lofotenkrigmus.no/e_omuseet.htm

Iam up in that neck of the woods  now and again as I have a daughter and grand daughter who live up there .the scenery wind rain sun or shine or even snow is unreal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012