Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:14:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Primark  (Read 10599 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Primark
« Reply #60 on February 26, 2017, 06:23:17 pm by wilts rover »

I will firstly correct myself it was Salamind
[/quote]

I am guessing that you mean the Battle of the Horn of Hattin - the leader of the Muslim forces being Salah-ad-Din (Saladin). King Richard II of England was not involved as he had fallen out with the other Crusader leaders and set off home.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on February 26, 2017, 06:24:53 pm by roversdude »
What bally said I 100% agree with

ballysbackin

« Reply #62 on February 26, 2017, 06:26:45 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes he did and Jerusalem fell to the hords Richard went for the second bash I believe. But it was Christianity being attempted to be forced on the Muslim world , you are a scholar sir and I forget things.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 26, 2017, 06:33:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They stopped using the word Christmas because it had Christ in it! If anyone had included the word in any part of the event it would have been undoubtedly banned.

Undoubtedly. I presume that includes these council events too?

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/christmas-2014-complete-guide-festive-activities/story-24649387-detail/story.html

http://www.potteye.co.uk/event-hanley-christmas-light-switch-on-2014/

Undoubtedly, not everyone agrees

https://tinyurl.com/zft6xro

He obviously couldn't be bothered to look hard enough either then.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 26, 2017, 06:56:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He didn't need, to ow'd lad, he only had to look 3 days ahead, not 18 years back!

He's talking about the same place too!

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on February 26, 2017, 07:04:26 pm by Syme »
If we go to other countries we obey their laws...

I never said that British behave overseas...

Can you see why someone might struggle to understand your point of view bally1950?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 26, 2017, 07:05:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
He didn't need, to ow'd lad, he only had to look 3 days ahead, not 18 years back!

All he's saying is that the events so far weren't - in his opinion only - very Christmassy. Mind you, it was still a month before Christmas itself, so like he said there was plenty of time for improvement. At least he's not stupid enough to say that the words 'Christ' or 'Christmas' were been banned. Because they weren't, as I've already shown. So that article doesn't really move us any further forward, does it?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:08:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

ballysbackin

« Reply #67 on February 26, 2017, 07:09:35 pm by ballysbackin »
If we go to other countries we obey their laws...

I never said that British behave overseas...

Can you see why someone might struggle to understand your point of view bally1950?

Someone did

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on February 26, 2017, 07:16:43 pm by Syme »
Seems to me bally1950 that you're annoyed that people would request that flags are taken down because they're offended by them, but in reality no one was actually offended by them.

What we do know though is that you yourself want to take down flags on mosques as you're offended by them.

So in the end, the only thing you're aggrieved by is people who have the attitude of....you. Strange world isn't it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 26, 2017, 07:25:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »

All he's saying is that the events so far weren't - in his opinion only - very Christmassy. Mind you, it was still a month before Christmas itself, so like he said there was plenty of time for improvement. At least he's not stupid enough to say that the words 'Christ' or 'Christmas' were been banned. Because they weren't, as I've already shown. So that article doesn't really move us any further forward, does it?

His claim that the distinct lack of any mention of the C word suggests, to me,  that there was some kind of banning of the word.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 26, 2017, 07:27:38 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

His claim that the distinct lack of any mention of the C word suggests, to me,  that there was some kind of banning of the word.

'claim', 'suggest'?

But my links showing that 'Christmas' was used quite openly to describe council events doesn't 'suggest' anything to you at all??

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 27, 2017, 12:06:28 am by Dagenham Rover »
We seem to have people kicking off in case it causes offence, yet the people who would supposedly be offended aren't

You can also say the same for banning Christmas decorations as it might offend none christians, or not flying the English flag as that might offend people as well

Has anybody ever banned Christmas decorations? It's been maintained that its just one of those myths that keeps going round.

well you didnt respond last time as no doubt it didn't suit,  Christmas decorations have been banned allbeit for Health and safety reasons probably the most reported case in Bradford which to be fair has obvious reasons why it could be widely reported and distorted,  plus quite a few other places, so Glyn Christmas decorations have been banned and it isn't a myth!  ..................just being technical like...................  :whistle:

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on February 27, 2017, 09:14:02 am by Syme »
I'm afraid that's not true either Dagenham Rover. If you're talking about Bradford Council, then staff were told not to stick Christmas Decorations on the walls, as it causes damage. They were still free to display them on their desk or however else they liked, as long as it caused no damage that would require repairing.

ballysbackin

« Reply #73 on February 27, 2017, 09:49:57 am by ballysbackin »
Seems to me bally1950 that you're annoyed that people would request that flags are taken down because they're offended by them, but in reality no one was actually offended by them.

What we do know though is that you yourself want to take down flags on mosques as you're offended by them.

So in the end, the only thing you're aggrieved by is people who have the attitude of....you. Strange world isn't it.

Hang on here. I did not start this post I merely offered my opinion and also fact on the subject of Councillors, as I have been one, so my opinion may not suit you but it gains approval of others, For fact and sitting around a table in a Council Chamber then I have reality and you have ???????? I have never objected to any flag and what I said was that I disapprove when we are governed by those who are of a different religion or creed. We should acknowledge each others religious beliefs but Religion and Football cause wars and riot. We all did it in the 60's on football.

So I do not agree with you so la de dah. Que Serra Serra. Does it matter or am I now not allowed an opinion, should I continue to make things up as I go along, because I thought that opinion was just that - an opinion ---An opinion is a thought or sequence of thoughts at that particular time. Which may alter at a later time or when subject matters are then made known.  But in that context "Why was the main objection to the Brexit made  To stop immigration I believe, which means Religious beliefs of foreigners in this country and possibly being stopped flying the National Flag on buildings because someone objected and some Councillors are chicken Shi* and comply against those who elected them.

Three years ago, the week before CHRIST mas yes CHRIST  mas, I put a sign in my front window as follows" TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE NOT VISITED ME SINCE LAST CHRISTMAS NOR PHONED, WHO APPEAR AT MY DOOR NOW, EXPECTING A FREE DRINK - FU** OFF" One person came asking if it was intended for her and her family who only came at CHRIST mas if it meant her, I pointed out that the last time she came was CHRIST mas the previous year, so yes it did. I closed the door in her face..  So what you are trying to do, well it is your opinion..

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 27, 2017, 09:52:01 am by Dagenham Rover »
I'm afraid that's not true either Dagenham Rover. If you're talking about Bradford Council, then staff were told not to stick Christmas Decorations on the walls, as it causes damage. They were still free to display them on their desk or however else they liked, as long as it caused no damage that would require repairing.

ermm yes they were BANNED from putting them on the wall along with numerous other places  ;) ;) as I said just being technical like  :)

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 27, 2017, 10:20:15 am by Syme »
So they weren't banned then were they?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 27, 2017, 10:22:43 am by Syme »
I am a Roman Catholic and seeing a flag on a Mosque which is the religious place of worship of Islam - Islamic State murderers and torturers - yes that does offend me...

I have never objected to any flag

Right you are sunshine

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 27, 2017, 10:24:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »

ermm yes they were BANNED from putting them on the wall along with numerous other places  ;) ;) as I said just being technical like  :)

If they were allowed to have Christmas decorations but not on the wall, then they weren't banned but a restricted use. Just being technical like. ;)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 27, 2017, 11:19:04 am by Dagenham Rover »

If they were allowed to have Christmas decorations but not on the wall, then they weren't banned but a restricted use. Just being technical like. ;)

They were told not to fasten, pin, bluetack or otherwise stick  Christmas decorations on  the wall  therefore they were banned from fixing/fastening Christmas decorations to the wall   ;) ;) ;) yes they were allowed restricted use of decorations but they were banned from fastening them to the walls  ;)

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 27, 2017, 01:23:50 pm by Syme »
So when you said "Christmas decorations have been banned"...

ballysbackin

« Reply #80 on February 27, 2017, 01:36:08 pm by ballysbackin »
I am a Roman Catholic and seeing a flag on a Mosque which is the religious place of worship of Islam - Islamic State murderers and torturers - yes that does offend me...

I have never objected to any flag

Right you are sunshine

In plain terms  WHAT YOU THINK IS OFFENSIVE AND STAYS IN YOUR HEAD IS OPINION. IF YOU VOICE YOUR OBJECTION THEN IT IS AN OBJECTION.

If I call you a C**t then that is offensive and you can call the Police
If I think you are a c**t then there is nothing anyone can do.

You cannot be locked up for what you think Syme...PLAIN ENOUGH SUNSHINE

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on February 27, 2017, 02:07:41 pm by Syme »
What about if you write it down?

On say, a public forum perhaps.

ballysbackin

« Reply #82 on February 27, 2017, 04:27:32 pm by ballysbackin »
Then YES it is a problem but if you think it then it is not. You might think about killing somebody and there is nothing wrong.  You might say you are going to do it but it is only a threat and the person has to believe you or others. OR if you put it on a public forum You are down right stupid, but it has to be in complete text.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 27, 2017, 05:38:10 pm by Syme »
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a public forum. And so when you wrote your opinion on flags above mosques, by your own words, you have voiced a public objection in a public forum, and are therefore, again by your own words, down right stupid.

So there's no real point in discussing this anymore with you I'm afraid bally1950, as that's not much point in debating with someone who is stupid.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 27, 2017, 06:02:49 pm by wilts rover »
Sorry for being a bit thick - but what flag is it that is flown above mosques in the UK please? I know that Hindu temples often have an orange prayer flag, but can't picture what it is that flys above a mosque?

ballysbackin

« Reply #85 on February 27, 2017, 06:10:32 pm by ballysbackin »
Sorry I cannot answer because I am according to someone as being thick  thick  thick A person who joined only on 16th Feb this year and as I read just slandered anyone he can. Perhaps he knows it all so I will not bother

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 27, 2017, 06:15:15 pm by Syme »
It's an excellent question wilts rover - I wish you luck getting an answer to it.

ballysbackin

« Reply #87 on February 27, 2017, 07:13:15 pm by ballysbackin »
 :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :s :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ballysbackin

« Reply #88 on February 27, 2017, 07:21:49 pm by ballysbackin »

What is the name of the symbol of Islam?
According to ReligionFacts, the most prominent symbol in Islam is the star and crescent. It is often on a green background and is heavily used by other countries in the past and present.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 27, 2017, 07:41:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
An Islamic place of worship flying a flag with Islamic insignia on it...how more offensive can you get??

TinyPortal © 2005-2012