Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:44:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Referees... again  (Read 3724 times)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
Re: Referees... again
« Reply #30 on February 25, 2017, 07:08:10 pm by scaley back rover »
Definitely a pen on rowe, No doubt . Ref was shocking through out also I thought they had a good claim for a pen in first half too, so maybe they even themselves out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 25, 2017, 07:10:33 pm by swintonrover »
It's not just Rovers!
I had the pleasure of going to Marine v Frickley today (finished 3-3, cracking game). In the first half the ref let everything flow, including elbows. In the second half, he booked a Marine player. About 15 minutes later, he booked him again. The player runs back to defence. Joe Pugh was stood over the free kick, turned to the ref and pointed out to him that he'd already booked the Marine player and should have sent him off, culminating in about a minute where the referee was going through his book before finally producing the red card. He then missed the Marine keeper lunging into Pugh leaving Pugh on the floor and the keeper playing on. It finished 10 a side (Frickley keeper sent off for deliberate handball when they were 3-0 up, cost them big time), when there should have been at least 3 more red cards.
When I'm attending a game as a neutral and I leave annoyed at the referee, there is something really wrong.
The entire refereeing system needs a major major overhaul, they're turning games into farce.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 25, 2017, 07:14:03 pm by BigH »
Blaming the ref is the footballing equivalent of 'the last refuge of a scoundrel'.

The ref today is absolutely not to blame for the chances missed or the goals conceded. Don't think for a minute that we were robbed by a poor referee.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 25, 2017, 07:35:08 pm by RoversAlias »
Blaming the ref is the footballing equivalent of 'the last refuge of a scoundrel'.

The ref today is absolutely not to blame for the chances missed or the goals conceded. Don't think for a minute that we were robbed by a poor referee.

Did anyone actually say that though? If Rowe had slotted home the winner this thread would still exist and still be as long. Whether we win, lose or draw a refereeing performance as bad as it was today needs highlighting.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 25, 2017, 07:38:37 pm by drfchound »
Contrary to some opinions, I say that refs can and often do, influence the outcome of a game.
Failing to make certain key decisions correctly has a big bearing on whether a team can win or otherwise.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 25, 2017, 07:39:00 pm by roversdude »
I was so incensed last week I e mailed the referee's association
No surprise that other than an auto reply I have not received a reply

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 25, 2017, 08:04:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The trouble is, players become a victim of a culture they have created where it seems it's encouraged and accepted to go down at the slightest touch.

We can argue all we want about the technicalities of 'contact' but we wouldn't be having half as many conversations 10 to 15 years ago. More often players would try and stay on their feet and go on to score or set up a goal.

In that culture, it was easier to spot fouls than it is now and we can all see that referees are also a victim of this culture.

No excuse however for the ref not to give a foul on Copps even though it was no where near a penalty.

Unless someone gets a grip on this then things will certainly not get better. Who really wants to see players going down too easily, passing the buck and hoping the ref makes a decision?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 25, 2017, 09:53:57 pm by Bessie Red »

[/quot

Okay I will not blame the ref for the second goal conceded but I will blame the east stand lino for not flagging offside when the first Accy player heads the ball back across goal. If thats ruled out as it should have been we probably go on to win the game 2-1!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2017, 12:42:53 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought the Coppinger one could have been a free-kick or a penalty. I wouldn't have argued if he'd given it just outside. What it certainly wasn't was play on.

Regarding the Rowe one why would he go down when he'd beaten the man and was in a great position?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2017, 04:55:20 pm by drfchound »
Spot on TRB, why indeed.
Cast iron pen and if it is given we have a great chance to go to 3-1.
Who says refs can't influence the outcome of matches.

ballysbackin

« Reply #40 on February 26, 2017, 05:11:09 pm by ballysbackin »
The booking of ours yesterday. Ist half afk was awarded against Accrington so up steps big number three (Mark Hughes I believe) He took the ball for a long walk despite tosser blowing his whistle at him buy eventually when all his team were behind the ball and their goal he throws it down. Penalty nothing, every free kick almost - they stand over the ball stopping it being taken and then it happens, they take ball for a walk and we try to retrieve it, handbags, Accrington player knew what he was doing and walked straight towards the linesthing. Result he was booked but so what, he did get a defender booked which certainly effects that players future thoughts of will he get sent off and when Marquis is scythed down . Well he did at least get told please do not do it again. Again I point out the hand ball by their lanky blonde  defender in box but Marquis scored STILL  nothing said.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012