Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:54:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Middleton  (Read 6364 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Middleton
« on February 25, 2017, 05:29:11 pm by Filo »
Aint no Jordan Houghton, turns back too many times for me

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Middleton
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2017, 05:35:51 pm by esdailles left foot »
Like replacing a rolls Royce with a Lada

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2017, 05:37:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
Middleton had very little to do with the outcome of the game; Sloppy in defense and sloppy in attack. Three glaring chances 1) May 2) Williams 3) Rowe.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2017, 05:39:58 pm by besty »
Williams misses chance shock  :blush:

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2017, 05:44:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Didn't think he was too bad. Definitely not our worst today. Played a couple of good balls.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2017, 05:45:42 pm by pib »
We've slipped into the same problems that contributed to our collapse last season.  Too many square pegs in round holes, conceding early, then when we are ahead playing as if it's 3 or 4-0 open to the inevitable sucker punch.

Today's team - Mason and Blair not natural full backs, Alcock a full back playing centre back, Grant (left sided) on the right, Rowe on the left where he is less effective, and Copps (traditionally right sided) through the centre.

Need to improve because I'm beginning to fear that history will repeat itself and we will collapse like last season.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2017, 05:51:33 pm by RoversAlias »
I don't think Middleton played too badly, save for the opening 15 minutes, but overall his game just isn't suited to that position and I don't feel it's our best option.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2017, 05:53:40 pm by Lesonthewest »
Midfield was awful today, Middleton stifles us & our normal passing game was virtually non-existent, weather conditions accepted. Mistakes for both of their goals & players below par meant we struggled to get control of the game, fair play to Accrington though, battled well for their point.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 25, 2017, 06:00:08 pm by roversontheup »
Despite being far from our best I thought we did enough to win that game. Good chances missed but also two clear cut penalties denied by the ref who gave us nothing all game. I thought he was shocking.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2017, 06:03:05 pm by Campsall rover »
We've slipped into the same problems that contributed to our collapse last season.  Too many square pegs in round holes, conceding early, then when we are ahead playing as if it's 3 or 4-0 open to the inevitable sucker punch.

Today's team - Mason and Blair not natural full backs, Alcock a full back playing centre back, Grant (left sided) on the right, Rowe on the left where he is lesse effective, and Copps (traditionally right sided) through the centre.

Need to improve because I'm beginning to fear that history will repeat itself and we will collapse like last season.
Your fears are totally unfounded. This team is nothing like the one that collapsed last season.
This is still just a blip. It's only 1 defeat in 5 games. Hardly disastrous is it.
We are getting no luck at the moment and the refs have been atrocious.
The foul on Rowe was a clear cut penalty. How many are we not going to get given.
Stop worrying we are going up and as Champions.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2017, 06:08:10 pm by Akinfenwa »
The supposed 'foul' on Rowe was one of the most blatant dives I've ever seen. 1/10.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 25, 2017, 06:08:19 pm by pib »

Today's team - Mason and Blair not natural full backs, Alcock a full back playing centre back, Grant (left sided) on the right, Rowe on the left where he is lesse effective, and Copps (traditionally right sided) through the centre.

Your fears are totally unfounded. This team is nothing like the one that collapsed last season.
This is still just a blip. It's only 1 defeat in 5 games. Hardly disastrous is it.
The foul on Rowe was a clear cut penalty. How many are we not going to get given.

fwiw I thought the Rowe incident was one thing the ref got right. Tried to buy the pen when he should've stayed on his feet and squared it.  Was right behind it in the South Stand

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2017, 06:09:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Five games without a win for the table topping team is more than a blip.  Definitely a wobble.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2017, 06:12:01 pm by bobbymax »
Five games without a win for the table topping team is more than a blip.  Definitely a wobble.
Yes but, amazingly, we are getting away with it. Nobody is really closing the gap. Portsmouth are the only team on a small winning streak and they are still 10 points behind. It's still ours to lose which is a miracle considering the injuries we've had from start to nearly finish.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2017, 06:14:09 pm by Copps is Magic »
If we continue this form we won't get promoted.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2017, 06:14:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It will change when we get Mandeville back.  That lad makes a difference.

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 25, 2017, 06:17:25 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Middleton played ok today. Agreed he is no Houghton but I actually think his range of passing is better than Houghton's. The first goal we conceded was a carbon copy of last weeks goal which even Houghton couldn't prevent. I suppose seeing as Williams didn't start Middleton becomes the scapegoat.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2017, 06:19:12 pm by drfchound »
None of the top sides are doing particularly well are they.
One less game to play and we are still ten points clear of fourth.
Lots of panicking n here right now.
Despite us not winning today I am still comfortable that we will get promotion.
Plymouth fans will be saying that they are glad Donny drew today.
As for Middleton, I also thought he did well enough today after a dodgy first ten or fifteen minutes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2017, 06:27:56 pm by Campsall rover »

fwiw I thought the Rowe incident was one thing the ref got right. Tried to buy the pen when he should've stayed on his feet and squared it.  Was right behind it in the South Stand
Well we all said def pen from where we were sat in South East almost in line with goal/ bye line.
Clipped from behind no question.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2017, 06:33:21 pm by Campsall rover »
Glass half full / Glass half empty
Mine is definitely half full.
If we were playing rubbish and or not creating chances then I would be worried.
Neither of those are happening.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2017, 06:43:45 pm by Susan Abbott »
Like replacing a rolls Royce with a Lada
That says all !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 25, 2017, 06:45:23 pm by Copps is Magic »
says f**k all about the glaring chances we missed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2017, 07:07:42 pm by drfchound »
Agreed on that, we had enough chances to have won easily.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2017, 07:25:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Middleton maybe no Houghton but as he did ok today, I think there are other players that could justify a thread of their own for not performing as well as they can.

Mightily disappointed with Grant who had a poor game today aside his decent crosses. He seems to be going through the motions rather than busting a gut to make a name for himself.

Rowe. Yes you could argue he contributed today, but too many times for me he disappears and runs away from the ball and what was he doing going down like that when it was easier to stay on his feet and square the ball!

Overall, we're over complicating things at times instead of keeping it simple. The simplest basic thing off all is not hitting the target often enough.

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2017, 08:07:34 pm by Donny Viking »
You can look all over the pitch today for reasons we did not win. But 2 things stand out for me

Unsettled back 4 (3) for last 5 games or so. Once Butler and Baudry are fit and playing for 90mins things will improve at the back

Confidence - we are looking nervous in front of goal (except Marquis). Copps / Rowe taking touch too many, or pulling shot. If Williams header goes in and we win -what a different team next week.

Manderville is not the answer - he was on a roll in a winning team, it would be different if he came back tomorrow.

Biggest mistake today (and I don't blame DF, it's not his fault we missed loads of chances) but taking Copps and May off when we still needed another goal. For me take Grant off and bring on McSheffrey. We were the threat so why change the shape?

Next win and we go on a run again.........

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 25, 2017, 08:10:39 pm by The Red Baron »
Although I didn't think Coppinger should have come off the change made us better balanced. Rowe went further forward, Grant went left and Blair right. Grant is a much better player on his natural side, although I'm beginning to think he's Martin Woods reborn.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 25, 2017, 08:11:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Copps asked to be substituted. Agree with the rest.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 25, 2017, 08:16:59 pm by bedale rover »
You can look all over the pitch today for reasons we did not win. But 2 things stand out for me

Unsettled back 4 (3) for last 5 games or so. Once Butler and Baudry are fit and playing for 90mins things will improve at the back

Confidence - we are looking nervous in front of goal (except Marquis). Copps / Rowe taking touch too many, or pulling shot. If Williams header goes in and we win -what a different team next week.

Manderville is not the answer - he was on a roll in a winning team, it would be different if he came back tomorrow.

Biggest mistake today (and I don't blame DF, it's not his fault we missed loads of chances) but taking Copps and May off when we still needed another goal. For me take Grant off and bring on McSheffrey. We were the threat so why change the shape?

Next win and we go on a run again.........

Copps asked to be taken off saw him gesturing to the bench

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 25, 2017, 08:25:02 pm by RoversAlias »
Copps asked to come off and May looked a bit leggy after 70 minutes or so.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 25, 2017, 08:30:54 pm by The Red Baron »
Copps asked to be substituted. Agree with the rest.

Fair enough. He does have a slight injury so maybe he felt it.

Shame McSheffrey didn't get a run for the last few minutes I thought.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012