Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:05:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Middleton  (Read 6386 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Middleton
« Reply #30 on February 25, 2017, 11:10:53 pm by Retdon1 »
I think we need to go back To basics. Back to a 4-4-2 diamond which worked well for us earlier in the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 25, 2017, 11:52:53 pm by TheFunk »
I  think we need to go back to the high tempo pressing game or at least matching the opposition's work rate. Today we looked leggy and tired. Certainly it's the first time Fergie has really lost it with the team for ignoring what he wanted.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2017, 12:28:18 am by Lesonthewest »
I  think we need to go back to the high tempo pressing game or at least matching the opposition's work rate. Today we looked leggy and tired. Certainly it's the first time Fergie has really lost it with the team for ignoring what he wanted.

Agree regarding the opposition workrate, that's the 3rd home game in succession we haven't matched it, today Accrington won almost every second ball. We were never in control of the game, whereas most home games this season we have been. Although we have showed the bottle to hold on to our home record.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2017, 08:55:20 am by Rovers91 »
Nothing to do with Middleton but Baudry has to start on Tuesday, he's our best defender and we look so much more stable at back when he plays.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2017, 10:42:27 am by Bezza »
middleton wasn`t helped by Grant having a poor game, but if we dont put the chances away that May and Rowe missed we wont win games, the next two matches will show what we are made of.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2017, 12:51:39 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Well we all said def pen from where we were sat in South East almost in line with goal/ bye line.
Clipped from behind no question.

Then the ref had a very much better view of it than you did Campsall.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2017, 09:38:48 pm by ravenrover »
Bit harsh on May, they were lining up on the line to cover the keeper

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2017, 09:53:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Well we all said def pen from where we were sat in South East almost in line with goal/ bye line.

How do you work than one out.
HE WAS CLIPPED FROM BEHIND NO QUESTION. Was just about to cross the ball and was fouled.
To dive WHICH HE DID NOT would have been madness as we would probably have scored.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 27, 2017, 08:39:42 am by selby »
I have not seen anyone ask where the covering left back is for their first goal.Was this because he does not appear anywhere in the film footage?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 27, 2017, 08:48:45 am by selby »
Sorry, I have watched the film again, and think I spotted him treading water at the start of the run on goal,about 40yds out of position,and a bloody great gap behind him on our left flank.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 27, 2017, 11:37:32 am by ravenrover »
I have not seen anyone ask where the covering left back is for their first goal.Was this because he does not appear anywhere in the film footage?
Whoa hold your horses, we were  attacking with acres of space on the left for Mason to go into. The facts that Copps and Grant fannyed about and lost possession with everyone out of position and that Middleton was never going to catch him and that Butler was too late in commiting himself are the reasons they scored, but hey lets blame the new whipping boy instead.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 27, 2017, 11:55:28 am by Filo »
Whoa hold your horses, we were  attacking with acres of space on the left for Mason to go into. The facts that Copps and Grant fannyed about and lost possession with everyone out of position and that Middleton was never going to catch him and that Butler was too late in commiting himself are the reasons they scored, but hey lets blame the new whipping boy instead.

I agree with that, thats why we play with wing backs, Copps poor pass to Grant was the reason they broke, Middleton should have fouled him when he had chance

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 27, 2017, 12:18:18 pm by ravenrover »
If anyone should have taken him out it should have been Butler at least it could have been deemed as challenging for the ball no booking perhaps. If Middleton had took him out it would have been a definite booking, but 1 or the other should have sorted it other teams would have!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 27, 2017, 12:23:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No reason for Middleton not to believe Butler would hold him up and maybe get a chance to catch him up or get behind the ball, so not worthy of taking him down for an assured yellow.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 27, 2017, 12:39:09 pm by Campsall rover »

I agree with that, thats why we play with wing backs, Copps poor pass to Grant was the reason they broke, Middleton should have fouled him when he had chance
We didn't play wing backs on Sat, we played a flat back 4  Blair, Alcock, Butler, Mason
The full backs still go forward and attack with that formation.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 27, 2017, 03:32:22 pm by selby »
Miss kick in the area at Carlisle,miss kick and beaten to the ball v Luton,no cover and out of position at the weekend.
   Not a whipping boy at all,unlike Middleton for some people,I genuinely want him to play well, but Mason has not done it for me lately,just saying what I have seen in the games.
   For me he has been O.K.all season nothing more,but credit to him he is playing left sided when a right sided player,it does not help the balance of  our team,and is the prime reason Roe is pushed wide left where he is not as effective.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 27, 2017, 03:46:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Someone should have been covering for Mason on Sat.
That is where we miss Houghton because he does that job so well.
Against Carlisle and Luton Mason was in a 3 at the back and is out of his depth in that position. He is really a right back (but has done well at left back) or a defensive midfielder.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 27, 2017, 04:12:58 pm by selby »
Paul,as you stated previously we started with a back four,Mason should have been the covering player,he was thirty yards too forward, after only seven minutes,watch Alcock play that position on the right he covers the central players when we push forward brilliantly,like chalk and cheese mate.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 27, 2017, 06:29:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »

HE WAS CLIPPED FROM BEHIND NO QUESTION. Was just about to cross the ball and was fouled.
To dive WHICH HE DID NOT would have been madness as we would probably have scored.

You described where you were sat in your first post.  Given your position, the ref was most certainly better placed than you to judge.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 28, 2017, 12:14:38 pm by ravenrover »
Paul,as you stated previously we started with a back four,Mason should have been the covering player,he was thirty yards too forward, after only seven minutes,watch Alcock play that position on the right he covers the central players when we push forward brilliantly,like chalk and cheese mate.
Just out of interest how many times did Alcock get forward when switched to right back? He playec lije a 3rd centre half when switched Excellent defender but not a wing back, that is why he covers better than Mason or even Blair as they are expected to get forward at every opportunity

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 28, 2017, 01:30:51 pm by Campsall rover »

You described where you were sat in your first post.  Given your position, the ref was most certainly better placed than you to judge.
We can go on for ever on this one. If you think the ref got it right then that is your opinion.
All of us sat around the same area are 100% sure he was fowled end of.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 28, 2017, 02:02:23 pm by selby »
Raven,defend first attack when you can,and not at the expense of leaving gaps that can be exposed,move forward together in shape, and retreat together in shape.
    Watch the Italians,and Germans,they are the masters ,and its not new ,they have been doing it since the 50s.
     The Liverpool side in the 70s and the present Chelsea sides are prime examples,and dare I  say the Leicester side last season,two Italian managers and old heads at Liverpool who studied the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 28, 2017, 02:34:33 pm by drfchound »
Comparing Intenational and PL players to L2 ones and expecting the same results?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 28, 2017, 06:51:50 pm by Filo »
Harry dropped to bench tonight

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on February 28, 2017, 07:00:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Quite possible/probable. Maybe more of a battle tonight....dare I suggest Keegan gets a run out but with Baudry restored alongside Butler?

Half expect Williams to start instead of Alfie.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 28, 2017, 07:21:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Same side as Saturday except Baudry in for Middleton

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 28, 2017, 07:37:13 pm by ravenrover »
Raven,defend first attack when you can,and not at the expense of leaving gaps that can be exposed,move forward together in shape, and retreat together in shape.
    Watch the Italians,and Germans,they are the masters ,and its not new ,they have been doing it since the 50s.
     The Liverpool side in the 70s and the present Chelsea sides are prime examples,and dare I  say the Leicester side last season,two Italian managers and old heads at Liverpool who studied the
     The Liverpool side in the 70s and the present Chelsea sides are prime examples,and dare I  say the Leicester side last season,two Italian managers and old heads at Liverpool who studied the game.
Don't think wing backs were ever mentioned in those days, defenders never moved further than the halfway line unless it was the centre half going up for a corner. In later years if a full back went forward a midfielder usually dropped in to cover him keeping a solid 4 at the back. As soneone has already said can't compare how Rovers play to International or top flight teams of later years
Our manager demands that our "full backs" get forward at every opportunity just listen to him during the game.
Anyway lets just agree to disagree we could go on back and forth for ever

TinyPortal © 2005-2012