Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:32:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Goals today  (Read 3002 times)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
Re: Goals today
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2017, 10:00:48 pm by Alickismyhero »
I have only seen this clip of film but Middleton seemed to fail to keep up with the goal scorer for the first goal.

What was he doing when the second goal went inat the far post? he failed to pick the goal scorer up!

I admit you don't get a full picture watching this clip but he wasn't doing the biz for me.

Perhaps someone can comment on the rest of his game.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2017, 10:02:25 pm by Bessie Red »
I have only seen this clip of film but Middleton seemed to fail to keep up with the goal scorer for the first goal.

What was he doing when the second goal went inat the far post? he failed to pick the goal scorer up!

I admit you don't get a full picture watching this clip but he wasn't doing the biz for me.

Perhaps someone can comment on the rest of his game.

Looked like he was running in treacle for the first!!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2017, 10:18:13 pm by Copps is Magic »
It's funny how different angles can give you different perspectives. From my seat half way down the SS I was questioning why Butler didn't close the gap between the defender for a run that seemed to go on forever. From the replay Middleton has got in a bad position and has been clearly been done for pace.

They're both partly at fault, they should have managed the situation better. There was a lot of finger pointing after that goal.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2017, 10:50:28 pm by Pancho Regan »
Middleton had a very poor game today. He gave the ball away in important places on more than one occasion and looked lost at times.

I also thought Conor Grant was poor, and to have two under-performing midfield players contributed to a bad result today.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2017, 10:51:57 pm by Dagenham Rover »
first goal should never have happened!   lob it into the the box or shoot instead of fanny arseing about with it which is something we are all too good at

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 26, 2017, 04:20:06 am by PDX_Rover »
Their equaliser - were we appealing for handball or offside?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 26, 2017, 08:07:17 am by graingrover »
But that was.a surging.run , a fast break and great goal

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 26, 2017, 08:43:03 am by Alickismyhero »

I really like that type of goal but it clearly showed Middleton's lack of pace. He was chasing a player running with the ball and was lost in his wake,not good, I don't think HM will play in the same position in the next game. There again I have no idea how he performed in the rest of the game but his defending seemed very poor to me.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 26, 2017, 09:15:03 am by ravenrover »

Butker should have stepped in and tackled or stopped the run a lot earlier. It was clear that Middleton was never going to catch him a poor goal to give away JMHO

ballysbackin

« Reply #10 on February 26, 2017, 09:41:36 am by ballysbackin »
How many times and goals have we seen over the last five years against us by opposition.. Everybody knows to run at Donny and you will hardly be clobbered. marquis goal well my mate said if he had not scored the definite handball by the tall lanky defender in the area was a penalty, true it was but would not have been given.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 26, 2017, 09:53:31 am by Lesonthewest »
Butler gave the lad far too much space to get his shot away, good finish though.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 26, 2017, 09:57:28 am by mushRTID »
Someone's got to take a booking for the team on their first.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 26, 2017, 12:57:35 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought Butler was slow to close him down but Middleton was far too slow. However it did start because we took far too long to get a ball into the box- something that has frustrated me in the last few games.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 26, 2017, 01:00:45 pm by Syme »
How many times and goals have we seen over the last five years against us by opposition.. Everybody knows to run at Donny and you will hardly be clobbered.

Not sure. How many is it?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 26, 2017, 01:22:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I thought Butler was slow to close him down but Middleton was far too slow. However it did start because we took far too long to get a ball into the box- something that has frustrated me in the last few games.

Exactly, it should never have been allowed to happen the ball should have gone into Accys box instead of piss balling about with it

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 26, 2017, 02:33:54 pm by PDX_Rover »
Yes. Their lad just needed clattering for their first. Would have happened if it was the other way round.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 26, 2017, 03:16:16 pm by rich1471 »
Yes. Their lad just needed clattering for their first. Would have happened if it was the other way round.
said at the time somebody should have took one for the team and clattered him

ballysbackin

« Reply #18 on February 26, 2017, 05:22:05 pm by ballysbackin »
How many times and goals have we seen over the last five years against us by opposition.. Everybody knows to run at Donny and you will hardly be clobbered.

Not sure. How many is it?

Too fkn many and STILL THEY ALLOW IT

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 26, 2017, 05:25:56 pm by drfchound »
If a Rovers player had scored that first one we would have been raving about how the player had shown a great turn of pace and finished brilliantly.
What about if we had conceded the one that Marquis scored?
Totally unmarked.
Agreed that Middleton couldn't catch their player but he was hellish quick.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 26, 2017, 05:42:11 pm by 5minstogo »
Looks to me like Middleton had handed the runner over to Butler as he was already ahead of Middleton. Butler should have tackled leaving Middleton to pick up any stray ball.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 27, 2017, 08:58:16 am by Filo »
Their equaliser - were we appealing for handball or offside?

Looks like handball on the line to me

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 27, 2017, 08:59:31 am by Filo »
Looks to me like Middleton had handed the runner over to Butler as he was already ahead of Middleton. Butler should have tackled leaving Middleton to pick up any stray ball.

He had no choice but to hand over, those deep sea diving boots he had on did him no favours at all.

Middleton should have also fouled the lad on the halfway line when he trotted past him, how many times does it happen to us when we break? We are far too nice sometimes
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:39:09 am by Filo »

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 28, 2017, 03:11:38 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If Middleton is the replacement for Houghton in that role he needs time to adapt the problem is chasing promotion you don't get that time he has to adapt straight away. We are a bit sloppy all over the field at the minute not just in one position every single player can improve on recent form.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012