Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:11:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ban Rugby on the hallowed turf  (Read 3025 times)

1-0 to the Doncaster

• Forum Member
Ban Rugby on the hallowed turf
« on March 11, 2017, 09:05:12 pm by 1-0 to the Doncaster »
since them egg chasers have started, our pitch is rubbish. Hows Matty Blair supposed to put a peach of a cross in on that surface?
Get rid of em. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
Re: Ban Rugby on the hallowed turf
« Reply #1 on March 11, 2017, 09:07:43 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
His assist today didn't look too bad  :P

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 11, 2017, 09:38:08 pm by ravenrover »
If you were there early enough today you would have seen that our warm up in the middle of the South end of the pitch caused all the damage not rugby. Rugby league causes little damage to the pitch as opposed to Union

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2017, 09:41:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
This has to be satire?

Matty Blair puts in a cross for goal.
Man asks how Matty Blair is supposed to put in a cross for a goal.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 11, 2017, 09:47:05 pm by Donnywolf »
To be fair (although I am not a Mod) he actually said how was 17MB supposed to put in "a peach of a cross" on that surface

So presumably he thought the one from which Butler scored was not of that standard BUT I hope he (MB) does another dozen in the next few games AND maybe a few peaches as well ! Sorted !

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 11, 2017, 09:49:57 pm by Copps is Magic »
So presumably he thought the one from which Butler scored was not of that standard BUT I hope he (MB) does another dozen in the next few games AND maybe a few peaches as well ! Sorted !

Apologies. Yeah, terrible standard. What was he thinking putting it on a plate for Butler to tap it in.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 11, 2017, 09:57:47 pm by RedJ »
How on earth can you ban them from something they have as much right to as the football.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 11, 2017, 10:12:50 pm by Donnywolf »
How on earth can you ban them from something they have as much right to as the football.

As you say its their Ground too under the Club Donny banner and as I have said before its just as well the Knights did not get Promo and were on there as well till they got Castle Park up to standard.

Water under the bridge but Dons may have gone to Castle Park for a Season (largely academic comment of course)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 11, 2017, 11:43:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If you were there early enough today you would have seen that our warm up in the middle of the South end of the pitch caused all the damage not rugby. Rugby league causes little damage to the pitch as opposed to Union

area in front of the ss goal was shite and cut up/bobbly even before the warm up

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 12, 2017, 12:05:00 am by hoolahoop »
We need to stop all this whinging about Rugby being played on the " hallow turf " the Don's have as much right as us to be on that pitch , in the ground , in the bars in fact anywhere they fecking well please. This is NOT  solely our ground .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 12, 2017, 01:29:37 am by Bentley Bullet »
Wouldn't you think nowadays there would be a suitable synthetic carpet type substance that would replace grass?

Its advantages would be enormous.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 12, 2017, 01:21:59 pm by RedJ »
That'll stop diving, actually. Imagine diving into a carpet. Think of the burns you'd get. Christ.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 12, 2017, 03:03:55 pm by not on facebook »
One of these days or games a player is going to fcuk up his knee doing one of these five and slide goal celebrations and his playing days will end.

I wonder if players are insured for such an injury via a goal celebration .

Not be long before clubs warn/ban players not to celebrate in such obscure injury ways.

Seem to recall Charlie George doing a goal celebration in a early 1970s cup final by sliding down on his arse end ,but only danger was to his backside .

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 12, 2017, 03:25:25 pm by Syme »
Hull having an issue with this:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39245451

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 12, 2017, 05:41:31 pm by dknward2 »
If you watch the league 2 highlights yes you only see half the teams but ours was the best, most have at least no grass in the 6 yard area.

At least we have an excuse that our stadium causes huge shadows across most of the pitch

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 12, 2017, 05:51:38 pm by albie »
The issue is surely fixture scheduling.

Overuse is a problem whatever the sport if you play a game in poor conditions and then do not allow a full recovery period.

The idea of playing a Super League game the day before a Prem game is absolutely insane. The only way to make it work is to have a full week between games to let the staff do the restoration.

Playing football at home Tuesday and Saturday is a problem as well, if it happens too often. Get back to alternate fixture planning, home then away, then home again would be a good start.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 12, 2017, 05:58:06 pm by not on facebook »
The home one game away the next game would not work at all grounds .

Take BV and donny race course and RAF finningley back in the day.

Sure there are many events all round the country that bite into any fixture list .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 12, 2017, 08:30:04 pm by drfchound »
One of these days or games a player is going to fcuk up his knee doing one of these five and slide goal celebrations and his playing days will end.

Not be long before clubs warn/ban players not to celebrate in such obscure injury ways.

Seem to recall Charlie George doing a goal celebration in a early 1970s cup final by sliding down on his arse end ,but only danger was to his backside .

Didn't Ole Gunnar Solskjar injure his knees doing a sliding celebration after scoring for Manure in a European Cup Final?

On the subject of the goalmouth at the South end, that could be partly down to the sun not getting on to that goalmouth very much.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 12, 2017, 08:32:46 pm by Donnywolf »

I am surprised Managers DO NOT fine every Player for :

a) taking their Shirts off after scoring or diving in the Crowd. I am not a killjoy (ok I am) but I would sooner my Player get booked for crocking the oppositions best Player or a really cYnical "one for the Team" than nowt OR owt like that. Waste of a Card

b) sliding over the "turf" or any other action that may result in said player getting injured. I just watched Indy Car racing tonight and one of the drivers does not even ride a Bike during the Season in case he gets injured in a road accident ( amazing dedication )

c) doing an amazing double back somersault with or without Pike and tuck. It looks good I have to say and I am not being a killjoy (ok I am) but such an action could render your £3k a week or £300k a week asset u/s for weeks or months. Everyone on here looks after themselves health wise. You may be having a few Beers AND Wines and vodkas reading this but you know deep down you have to be reasonably "fit" for tomorrow to do your duty or there will be hell to pay - and they should be no different !

LOL
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 08:35:11 pm by Donnywolf »

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 13, 2017, 05:31:14 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I certainly look after myself DW, no danger of me getting malnourished.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012