Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:19:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Referee for Sunday  (Read 2626 times)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Referee for Sunday
« on March 21, 2017, 07:06:32 am by watto-drfc »
Oliver Langford, did he referee the game at home park earlier in season??????

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Re: Referee for Sunday
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2017, 07:07:44 am by Guernsey Exile »
Sure did. I am sure he will have reviewed events and will be looking to level things up. Refs are good like that........

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2017, 07:17:42 am by Draytonian III »
Is he Bonnie's brother ?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2017, 07:45:25 am by Donnywolf »
Scored very poorly v Plymouth but only 5 or 6 cast votes so perhaps not too contraversial

However he did Ref us v QPR as below :

http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=243462.msg397455#msg397455

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2017, 08:16:05 am by selby »
If Plymouth play like they did at home he only has to stop ther centre halves grabbing players all the time,I dont think they would be very good footballers without arms.
  That and the running into players after the ball has been played  in the penalty area was noticeable against Liverpool in the cup games as well.
  Definatly a large part of their game plan,together with other players blocking defenders to give the big centre half a clear run at the far post on set pieces.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2017, 08:39:56 am by not on facebook »
Thing is this game will be live on sky tv ,so surely this should keep the ref on the straight and narrow .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2017, 08:44:27 am by Alan Southstand »
With referees, I don't think that's possible.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2017, 08:47:46 am by bobjimwilly »
Thing is this game will be live on sky tv ,so surely this should keep the ref on the straight and narrow .

I dunno oslo; it's not stopped a lot of refs from cocking things up spectacularly in the past.

On a side note, does anyone know how often this occurs, where an official is ref for both fixtures between two teams? Surely it's not that common?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2017, 08:52:51 am by Donnywolf »
I am hopeful that our Manager sets the right "tone" for the Players at least. Whatever injustices we as Fans perceive after the Home Park Penalty incident(s) the Players must not get dragged into situations if they can avoid them by losing their heads.

Leave the bile, venom , abuse and other stuff to the Black Bank and rest of us in the crowd and :

a) show the watching viewers why we are top of the Division and unbeaten at home
b) finish with at least a Draw - preferably a win
b) finish with 11 men which will help with the above

Be magnanimous in victory ! (OK the last one can be ignored once we have won)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2017, 08:54:21 am by Donnywolf »

I dunno oslo; it's not stopped a lot of refs from cocking things up spectacularly in the past.

On a side note, does anyone know how often this occurs, where an official is ref for both fixtures between two teams? Surely it's not that common?

Used to be "routine" in FA Cup. Ref always took replays as well.

Looking through Rate the Ref to see if this has happened in League games I cant see an obvious one like this and it just seems that the geographical location of the Ref and the 2 Teams seems to determine the "area" from which the Ref will be selected and then who knows there may be lots of other factors such as Reports from previous games coming into play
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:00:14 am by Donnywolf »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2017, 08:54:52 am by not on facebook »
Maybe I see the better in people or refs far too much.

Will be watching said game on the idiot box in a pub out here ,and last count there will be 38 noggys heading down to pub for the game.

Would have been 52 of them but 12 noggys have gone across for the Northern Ireland v norway game.

6 of said noggys in the pub were at the donny v Portsmouth game.

Just hope rovers play good to help keep up the interest .

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2017, 09:19:27 am by Herman Hessian »
noggys in the pub

pissing in the wind here - d'you know Oslo Dave - chain-smoking expat Rochdale and Valerenga fan ?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2017, 09:28:27 am by not on facebook »
Yes I know of a rochdale ex pat out here.

Used to work the door on the pub he used to drink in the highbury .

But we moved in different circles and not seen him for yonks even when I worked that pub for for a short time.

All the noggy fans in the pub for the game on Sunday are all valerenga mates .

I must add that Iam sure that the rochdale Dave chap has started a rochdale Norwegian supporters club up out here.

The likes of woking,Scarborough,Exeter,cheltenham,yeovil amongst others all have Norwegian branch supporters clubs with woking having the most members of 48 at last count.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 09:36:01 am by not on facebook »

ballysbackin

« Reply #13 on March 21, 2017, 12:56:51 pm by ballysbackin »
Sure did. I am sure he will have reviewed events and will be looking to level things up. Refs are good like that........

He may have been sent by the FA because he knows what to expect and will be on top of any Donny player who is extracting revenge. Expect some bad decisions so that the innocence of Plymouth FC can be seen.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2017, 11:04:06 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

think we've london bus syndrome here !!!!!   you wait ........ then 2 come along

"It took just a few seconds for the Town to take the lead, however, when Palmer’s long throw caught the home defence unawares and Hylton raced clear into the box. 

The top scorer cut back inside covering defender Sid Nelson, but the Newport man’s trailing leg caught Hylton as he slid and referee Charles Breakspear did not hesitate to point to the spot. 

It was the third penalty Breakspear had awarded the Town against County this season after the two that Cameron McGeehan netted at Kenilworth Road in August, but there were no complaints from the hosts and Hylton calmly rolled the ball past goalkeeper Joe Day from 12 yards.

http://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/luton-town-newport-county-danny-hylton-3637882.aspx

Newport seem to get a player sent off every other match

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2017, 07:27:20 am by DRFCMach2man »
Been looking forward to this game for most of the season just hope this ref doesn't ruin the day with dubious and bias decisions. His handling of our last meeting with this lot was poor to say the least. Doubt the Sky Cameras being there will make much difference this guy is simply a bloody bad ref !!!!
Rovers still to edge it but it cold be nervy but we never do things the easy way :rtid:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 22, 2017, 07:35:49 am by Dagenham Rover »
not a sensible choice

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 22, 2017, 02:54:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
My memory of him at Home Park was that he was balanced and did okay aprt from that one incident. Harsh but fair on Copps - put your hands round a players throat and you're off. Should have at least booked their keeper for incitement with Mandeville.

I reckon he'll be all out to prove impartiality especially as he's on the telly, and he owes us, just a little, so...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 22, 2017, 03:34:05 pm by Alan Southstand »
he was balanced and did okay aprt from that one incident
and a dodgy pen to them?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 22, 2017, 04:17:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
he was balanced and did okay aprt from that one incident
and a dodgy pen to them?

There were a few decisions that were tight, some went for us, some for them. The pen incident was a deliberate foul pretty much on the line, and if on the line it is a pen. I think it was marginally outside, maybe by less than an inch, but our defenders feet moved inside the area immediately after the contact making it more likely to be given a penalty. I'm saying that was an incredibly close one, not an overtly bad decision.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 22, 2017, 05:08:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
I seem to remember it wasn't so much where it was, more so their player deliberately running into one of ours. Or have I imagined it?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 22, 2017, 05:19:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Impossible to be sure from the replay though it looks to me like our defender  deliberately left a leg out between their player and the ball. Unfortunate as he woudn't have reached the ball.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 22, 2017, 05:20:12 pm by selby »
Exactly Southstand,and a tactic repeated against Liverpool in the cup.Not likely to be given in that game.

ballysbackin

« Reply #23 on March 22, 2017, 05:37:33 pm by ballysbackin »
I think the appropriate word is "Cheats"

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 24, 2017, 02:47:35 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Oliver Langford, did he referee the game at home park earlier in season??????

Nicknames Bonnie cos he's an ugly f...er.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012