Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:08:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: old pre-VSC message board ?  (Read 4067 times)

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
old pre-VSC message board ?
« on March 21, 2017, 04:56:28 pm by Herman Hessian »
can anyone remember the url of the old Rovers message board - i'm talking late 90's with all the anti-Richardson scheming and the early years in the conference ?

ta everso !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: old pre-VSC message board ?
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2017, 05:29:43 pm by not on facebook »
Is this the message board where there was a massive fall out between one rovers fan and a few of its members ?

Or am I way off the mark .

Either way whatever happened to the said rovers fan that pissed some rovers fans off,does he still attended games?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2017, 05:34:20 pm by The Red Baron »
Is this the message board where there was a massive fall out between one rovers fan and a few of its members ?

Either way whatever happened to the said rovers fan that pissed some rovers fans off,does he still attended games?

You're thinking of Wroey and YAURS. It was separate to the VSC. I don't know what happened to him.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2017, 05:39:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
the old vsc site format was from Hoagy of Yeovil town fame,  confguide or something like that there was  also the old yahoo newsgroups and of course Hermanns very own donny kin rovers

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2017, 05:48:52 pm by not on facebook »

You're thinking of Wroey and YAURS. It was separate to the VSC. I don't know what happened to him.

That's the chap ,he did not half seem to rub fans up the wrong way for whatever reasons.

Can't recall what it was all about tbh,only the fallout.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2017, 05:49:53 pm by Filo »

That's the chap ,he did not half seem to rub fans up the wrong way for whatever reasons.

I can 😀

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2017, 06:20:29 pm by Herman Hessian »
ahhh yes - the YAURS site - there were one or two, err. editorial differences of opinion with that and DFR so i tended to steer clear - heh

but no - not that one, or Confguide (with the awful stepped thread display !) - there was another one, definitely going the season we got relegated as Bob G and his dad used to rally the troops on there, although maybe we all jumped ship once we'd actually gone down; was just wondering if any of it was archived on thewaybackmachine, but i need the url to check...

and go on Filo, I never did work out what all the Nige upset was about, so do spill the beans....

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2017, 06:23:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Was that the site run by Andrew Spiers?

If so I remember it, but have forgotten its name.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2017, 06:38:16 pm by nortikorner »

Mr Frost

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2017, 06:42:36 pm by idler »
I'm sure that last year somebody posted a link to the site that you are thinking about. I seem to remember Bob G commenting on it.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2017, 07:12:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I remember it as a newsgroup, pre the ConfGuide board. "Carlos" featured (does he still go to games?), Bob G, pretty sure you were there HH, and of course Sturdy - ever present in the conf years, started doing interviews, vids and drifted off to the Dons.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 07:17:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2017, 07:15:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Remember the old Yahoo news group

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2017, 07:18:28 pm by not on facebook »
This yarus fallout ,was it taken to court for whatever reason ,or was that just a threat.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 21, 2017, 07:32:36 pm by Herman Hessian »
You not referring to the "Save the Rovers" campaign site, HH?

sort of, thanks - the link to what i was after was on there - it was Belle Vue Chat which was based on Andy Spiers' site - found a few bits and pieces on there, including the very first suggestion that sowed the seed for the VSC (07/12/1998) !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2017, 09:19:04 pm by IDM »
i joined Yaurs, and in my first post which was discussing football and nothing argumentative at all, I neglected to capitalise the first letters of Saturday and Tuesday, and got a bollocking from the admin.

No wonder that site isn't around any more..

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2017, 09:24:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »
i joined Yaurs, and in my first post which was discussing football and nothing argumentative at all, I neglected to capitalise the first letters of Saturday and Tuesday, and got a bollocking from the admin.

He started doing that sort of thing after a while I got a "yellow card" for missing a full stop out  :blink:

Wroey was certainly until fairly recently running a football league forum with subsections for each division don't know if he still is

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2017, 09:27:02 pm by not on facebook »
I got banned for continuous bad spelling by that wroey fcukwit.

I be fcuked on here if mr wroey was part of VSC gunship

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2017, 09:30:53 pm by Chris Black come back »

sort of, thanks - the link to what i was after was on there - it was Belle Vue Chat which was based on Andy Spiers' site - found a few bits and pieces on there, including the very first suggestion that sowed the seed for the VSC (07/12/1998) !

The original 97/98 site was the Andrew Spiers site which had the following URL: http://www.sw.oaktree.co.uk/drfchome.htm.

It is now seemingly entirely defunct - but if anyone can get that working they will find my first online utterances!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2017, 09:38:12 pm by idler »
I rember A4 news sheets being handed around before some games during that last league season.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 21, 2017, 09:39:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I was a regular there until he banned me because I kept asking him why he publicly called me a 'bigot' for using the term TDF ('Typical Donny Fan', meaning the grumblers that seemed to make up a lot of the crowd in those days and a term that had been used on that forum well before I ever used it). Being called a bigot left me fuming - needless to say that he never gave me his reasoning as to why he called me one and eventually banned me for keeping on asking him to justify it!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2017, 09:43:22 pm by not on facebook »
Sounds like that mr wroey was having some sort of slow paced meltdown

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2017, 09:44:07 pm by philsky »
Can you remember back in the day when I'd be streaming the commentaries - via yahoo messenger

It was bloody chaos !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 21, 2017, 09:49:13 pm by not on facebook »
So the question still stands unanswered

Does mr wroey still attend rovers games? Or had the situation got that bad the fella had to keep away.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 21, 2017, 09:50:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Can you remember back in the day when I'd be streaming the commentaries - via yahoo messenger

It was bloody chaos !

Twas a tight squeeze in the old Lucky Pint Stand, happy days.
Up in Bristol! 
 :scarf: :cold: :scarf:

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 21, 2017, 09:51:07 pm by Mike_F »

The original 97/98 site was the Andrew Spiers site which had the following URL: http://www.sw.oaktree.co.uk/drfchome.htm.

It is now seemingly entirely defunct - but if anyone can get that working they will find my first online utterances!

It was also the home to the first words I ever posted on the internet. Strange to think what a seminal cultural event we've been a part of. It'll be my generation's "JFK" moment.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 21, 2017, 10:01:39 pm by Dutch Uncle »
First time for me too

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2017, 10:13:57 pm by Mac the hooped man »

Sounds to me pal that you were asking for it!!!  :boxing:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2017, 10:19:39 pm by Dagenham Rover »
My seminal Internet moment was setting the backdrop on new fangled internet terminal at Edinburgh Waverley station to the DFR tits picture circa 2001.

Set the tone for my future Internet activities.
"Snatch of the Day" by any chance 😁😁😁😁

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2017, 11:58:23 pm by Herman Hessian »

here ya go - there are a few pages up there - navigate through them by clicking on the thin black bars at the very top of the page...

https://web.archive.org/web/19990423190326/http://www.sw.oaktree.co.uk/views/index.html

:lol:

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 22, 2017, 12:09:21 am by Herman Hessian »
ahhh now -this was the one i was really after:

Doncaster Rovers Web - run by Mark West and Nathan - re-live the conference days in all their glory !

https://web.archive.org/web/20010720225622/http://website.lineone.net/~dr-web/

same form as the other link - navigate from page to page with the little bars at the top - not all the message links work, mind...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012