Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 01:31:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season Ticket Pricing Structure  (Read 19076 times)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Season Ticket Pricing Structure
« Reply #60 on March 21, 2017, 06:12:41 pm by bpoolrover »
At Blackpool they did a 2 year season ticket for 400 maybe something like that would work, maybe not as well lol

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 21, 2017, 06:18:27 pm by vaya »
All seems pretty straightforward.
You can buy your Rovers experience like you buy a TV/Broadband package. Most people have no problem doing that.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 21, 2017, 06:22:02 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
No mention of STH away game ticket priority format or is there more detail to come? If the sale is to start on 27th they need to get some clarification built in Asap considering what has gone on regard Hartlepool ticketing!!!!!

Needs addressing asap for me as I'm an ex season ticket holder on the fence about getting one again, but the away game situation will be a big factor

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on March 21, 2017, 06:37:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The ST priority for away games still remains in place as it comes with your DNA Silver membership.

The Hartlepool issue is an exception so we don't need to re-write the priorities for away games.

As for much lower ticket prices, this would be a higher risk strategy which has been explored however, where we are at the moment, I don't believe we'd get sufficient additional numbers to make up the revenue from what we're likely to get. You cannot count food and drink as additional revenue to make up for the shortfall as Rovers only get a fraction of that revenue.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 21, 2017, 06:40:06 pm by idler »
Looking at that they are doing away with the Cat C in the west stand that at present consists of the last block before the west and south stands join.
This is opposite the family section.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 21, 2017, 06:40:34 pm by pib »
Makes commercial sense for the club because it means that people who want parking, programmes, shirts etc can commit up front, therefore the club can budget more accurately.

For the fans it means you get more choice with regard to the level to which you support financially, which seems like a good thing. Sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing but I think here the club have struck a good balance.  And for some people it'll work out much more cost effective, e.g. People in their early 20s who will have paid £300+ for the past few years will now pay £200 in the South Stand.  And let's face it the younger fans are the ones we need on board most.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 21, 2017, 06:43:39 pm by knockers »
Looking at that they are doing away with the Cat C in the west stand that at present consists of the last block before the west and south stands join.

There was no Cat C in the west stand this year.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 21, 2017, 06:48:18 pm by redbrez »
Good move
Never parked at the stadium,or bought a programe but
Paying a lump sum for everything included seems good value.
What benefits is a dna card ?and what's the time frame for these offers?
I hope it's not for a short period of time?

Can I buy the silver membership at a later date?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 21, 2017, 06:49:20 pm by idler »

I have sat in G538 for years and that has always been cat C.
That block being the only one. My seat is almost in line with the goal line.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 21, 2017, 07:09:21 pm by deebee »
I think they have done a wonderful job. It's not confusing at all to anyone with half a brain cell. By the way if you can't read the writing as with all web pages if you hold down the shift key (the one with the upward facing arrow on) and turn your scroll wheel at the same time every thing gets magnified. The pricing is great and bolt ons for those that want them are reasonable. It's a big well done from me I will be buying mine next week along with my daughters and 2 grand kids.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 21, 2017, 07:17:11 pm by MrFrost »
I think they have done a wonderful job. It's not confusing at all to anyone with half a brain cell. By the way if you can't read the writing as with all web pages if you hold down the shift key (the one with the upward facing arrow on) and turn your scroll wheel at the same time every thing gets magnified. The pricing is great and bolt ons for those that want them are reasonable. It's a big well done from me I will be buying mine next week along with my daughters and 2 grand kids.

Keep bringing on the insults. Highly amusing from the likes of you pal.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on March 21, 2017, 07:22:19 pm by deebee »
Sorry edit above it's the control key. By the way I know I will post where I find errors but I also post credit where credit is due.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 21, 2017, 07:23:10 pm by i_ateallthepies »

It isn't that long ago we had 8000 season ticket holders. I wonder if the club are proactively contacting those who have lapsed to gauge their interest?

Probably not Frosty, incase some poor f**ker finishes up talking to you.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 21, 2017, 07:25:26 pm by knockers »

I have sat in G538 for years and that has always been cat C.
That block being the only one. My seat is almost in line with the goal line.

Idler, that stadium map is exactly the same as last years. Therefore no change.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 21, 2017, 07:34:43 pm by graingrover »
Great PRICING Rovers .. and the accent is clearly put on attracting the younger generations.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 21, 2017, 07:35:53 pm by mushRTID »
I can understand Mr Frosts concerns.

I think this is a good deal, but to me the only customers this will reach out to are regulars and existing/past season ticket holders.

I don't see this enticing newbies. Hopefully they are looking at ways of filling the empty seats too.

Nothing I'd love more than a busy Keepmoat

Incredible kids prices though, hopefully that gets parents to buy too.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 21, 2017, 07:36:19 pm by Padge_DRFC »
When do match day prices get announced? Membership for a tenner gets you £3 off a game but £3 off what?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 21, 2017, 07:37:46 pm by MrFrost »
I can understand Mr Frosts concerns.

I think this is a good deal, but to me the only customers this will reach out to are regulars and existing/past season ticket holders.

I don't see this enticing newbies. Hopefully they are looking at ways of filling the empty seats too.

Nothing I'd love more than a busy Keepmoat

Incredible kids prices though, hopefully that gets parents to buy too.

The spread sheet is much easier to follow. The statement by the club is confusing.

It's a good deal for those who want car parking etc and for youngsters. It should see us maintain the season ticket holders we have

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 21, 2017, 08:19:23 pm by drfc1951 »
When do match day prices get announced? Membership for a tenner gets you £3 off a game but £3 off what?

Match day tickets

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on March 21, 2017, 08:29:57 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Surely any newbies aren't going to be buying season tickets straight off the bat. This is clearly designed to reward the core fan base and entice those who pick and choose their games. It could be a little clearer but that shouldn't detract from what is a great offer.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 21, 2017, 08:39:46 pm by 5minstogo »
Surely any newbies aren't going to be buying season tickets straight off the bat. This is clearly designed to reward the core fan base and entice those who pick and choose their games. It could be a little clearer but that shouldn't detract from what is a great offer.

Doesn't entice me when I see fans paying £100 less for the same product just because they are 15 years younger. I'll continue to just come as and when. Club loses out. I would have got a season ticket for £199 but they won't get that much out of me on a non-season ticket basis.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 21, 2017, 08:42:24 pm by IDM »
Regardless of the pricing structure, a ST at £324 is just over 16 games at £20 a match. so almost 7 games free..

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 21, 2017, 08:44:08 pm by Donny Viking »
Another good business move from the board - great pricing structure

People keep talking about pricing to attract newbies - we have had games for a £5 and people still don't turn up. Most Doncaster folk are just not interested - accept it and move on.

Look after what you have already got, and slowly build from there. It takes time to build a club regularly attracting over 10,000, looking after the kids and now those in the early 20's makes great sense to me. We don't want fans who will only pay bottom dollar and turn up when we are winning. We want proper fans that will turn out in the cold and wet, knowing we are going to get beat at home again - but who cares. COME ON YOU REDS :scarf:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 21, 2017, 08:56:28 pm by mrfrostsdad »
So, do I get a 5% discount if I pay for my st next week or do I have to have some sort of membership as well?
I have no intention of paying 150 quid for car parking and a shirt. I'm quite capable of walking from where I park rather than queuing up to get out of the car park after the game, and I'm happy with the shirt I've got, and the programme is a waste of money.
Why would I want to pay £10 for a membership to get £3 a game off if I have a st??

Great to see prices haven't gone up and the club doing something for the younger element. The rest of it, I just don't get at all

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 21, 2017, 08:58:22 pm by IDM »
the £10 membership is for non-st holders :facepalm:

A full adult ticket is then £17 per game..

A few years ago in the Championship that same ticket was £27, no discount..

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 21, 2017, 08:58:33 pm by Jenny »
Yes, renewals get 5% off in the first week.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 21, 2017, 08:59:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Match day tickets

Yes. Well done. So how much off?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on March 21, 2017, 09:00:16 pm by mrfrostsdad »

[/quote

So, do I get 5% discount if I pay for my season ticket next week or do i have to have some sort of membership as well?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on March 21, 2017, 09:00:39 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Yes, renewals get 5% off in the first week.

Thanks Jenny

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 21, 2017, 09:03:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »

But will tickets on the day still be the same. Can't see south stand only being £20 with potential of some 3-4K away followings. We have to charge the same in the north stand

TinyPortal © 2005-2012