Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:43:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chant for Sunday  (Read 3654 times)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Chant for Sunday
« on March 22, 2017, 10:46:21 am by Belle_Vue »
To the tune of 'Don't take me home'

Don't drink and drive
Please don't drink and drive
I just don't want to get killed
I wanna stay here, not be in fear
Please don't,  please dont drink and drive....

On a serious note, the guy's a wnker, sure people make mistakes in life but he showed in the last game his true character.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Chant for Sunday
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2017, 10:56:09 am by drfchound »
I like that.
I hope it is taken on.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2017, 10:58:30 am by Belle_Vue »
Maybe Sad and CiM can spread to facebook

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2017, 11:04:16 am by Belle_Vue »
One team in Yorkshire, change words to
'should of took a taxi'

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2017, 11:04:51 am by drfchound »
Any suitable ( unsuitable?) banners being brought out on Sunday?

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2017, 11:06:46 am by PopStander »
I'm a fan of...
'We know what you are,
We know what you aaaarrrreeeee,
You murdering b*stard!
We know what you are!!'

Followed by...
'Copps is gonna get you!'

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2017, 11:29:10 am by mushRTID »
I hope to God we get a last minute penalty to win it and we actually score it then go and celebrate in the Kitsons face!

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2017, 11:39:14 am by Belle_Vue »
I'm hoping more for a thrashing. Luke dropping some clangers live to the nation

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2017, 11:41:57 am by GazLaz »
To the tune of 'Don't take me home'

Don't drink and drive
Please don't drink and drive
I just don't want to get killed
I wanna stay here, not be in fear
Please don't,  please dont drink and drive....

On a serious note, the guy's a wnker, sure people make mistakes in life but he showed in the last game his true character.

I'm sure we can be more brutal than that.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2017, 11:53:31 am by Bristol Red Rover »
After the Mandeville incident, he deserves everything he gets.

He might be pretty hardened to comments and chants, but no one is immune, and this one can't handle pressure. Keep chants varied, but also get close to him and get into his head with anything that's aimed at him and his slippy gloves. Be relentless and he'll crack  :suicide:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2017, 11:54:30 am by IDM »
I am hoping for the "one nil to the Doncaster" chant first..

Then the "two nil to the Doncaster",  "eieieioh" etc..

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2017, 12:20:15 pm by GazLaz »
"You got bummed in Ranby nick, you got bummed in ranby nick"

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2017, 12:26:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Many of these are too obvious and he will be fairly immune to them, even use them as a way of focusing. Chanting his name in a weird way or something else more random is the way to unnerve him. Gotta defocus him.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2017, 12:27:29 pm by mushRTID »
After the Mandeville incident, he deserves everything he gets.

He might be pretty hardened to comments and chants, but no one is immune, and this one can't handle pressure. Keep chants varied, but also get close to him and get into his head with anything that's aimed at him and his slippy gloves. Be relentless and he'll crack  :suicide:

He will be hardened to the comments but there's no reason we can't remind everyone watching on TV what he did.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2017, 12:54:20 pm by VivaRovers »
Not a fan of this...

...sorry if I'm in the minority here, but I'm just not comfortable with the deaths of two innocent children being used as a source for 'banter'.

Have a go at him for getting in Mandeville's ear by all means, but the above just doesn't sit right with me.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 22, 2017, 01:06:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Agree with that!

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 22, 2017, 01:08:11 pm by ReadingViking »
Not a fan of this...

...sorry if I'm in the minority here, but I'm just not comfortable with the deaths of two innocent children being used as a source for 'banter'.

Have a go at him for getting in Mandeville's ear by all means, but the above just doesn't sit right with me.

Agree totally. 

ReadingViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 22, 2017, 01:13:47 pm by ReadingViking »
Many of these are too obvious and he will be fairly immune to them, even use them as a way of focusing. Chanting his name in a weird way or something else more random is the way to unnerve him. Gotta defocus him.

We did the weird chanting of the keeper's surname a good few years ago at some away games - cant think where - and I remember commenting to my mate at the time that it must be bloody scary/off putting for the poor sod.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 22, 2017, 02:00:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Not a fan of this...

Agree totally.
Yes I agree also.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 22, 2017, 02:06:45 pm by bobbymax »
The theme of this thread is utterly childish! I don't like the Plymouth keeper or what he's done but to make an issue of it for the sake of 'banter' is beyond contemptible.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 22, 2017, 02:25:20 pm by Herman Hessian »
hafta say - and bear in mind that this is coming from a long-established proponent of obscene abuse in all its foul-mouthed glory at any excuse - that this piece of shit goalkeeper is absolutely not worth making a fuss about - i imagine that he's the sort who would take perverse pleasure in knowing that he's made an impression on the crowd by eliciting some sort of response - it'll make him feel normal, accepted in some way - he's not - he's fücking not !

to my mind, he shouldn't be on the pitch having killed two kids - the argument about "trying to move on with his life" is asinine in the extreme - i bet the two brothers would have loved a chance to move on with theirs before being mowed down by this pissed arsehole

don't rise to the bait; everyone in that ground on sunday will be a better man than him, and he fücking knows it; ignore him, or at the very most boo each and every touch of the ball he has but DO NOT afford him the diginity of any concerted effort to abuse him; ignore the fücker and let him make his escape knowing that Rovers fans don't even think enough of him to grant him the common decency of the sort of abuse that proper, decent, non-murdering (though still arsehole) players from other teams get...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 02:27:46 pm by Herman Hessian »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 22, 2017, 02:42:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I agree with the above, he isn't worth our derision in fact he is more likely to have a howler if we ignore him, giving him abuse will more than likely spur him on to a man of the match display and I'm sick and tired of keepers having mom displays against us.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 22, 2017, 02:47:11 pm by GazLaz »
I'm still going to abuse the f**k out of him.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 22, 2017, 02:54:14 pm by Belle_Vue »
I believe people in life should be allowed a second chance in certain circumstances. For example, ex cons going to prison, coming out and getting on with life. Starting fresh.

People make mistakes, often when young and stupid, we learn from our mistakes.

That said, he has shown himself to be a grade A tozzer.

Whatever is never going to bring them kids back, for their families it must be terrible, something I could never imagine.

Would you shout abuse at Ched Evans? Even though he got 'cleared of conviction'?... I would.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 22, 2017, 03:04:23 pm by Herman Hessian »
Would you shout abuse at Ched Evans? Even though he got 'cleared of conviction'?... I would.

so you reckon that someone who didn't rape anyone, was wrongly convicted and then quite properly exonerated by our legal system should be treated in the same manner as someone who did actually kill two young children due to his own f**king selfishness, ignorance and stupidity ?

ok.....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 22, 2017, 03:11:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Slightly at an angle, but I wonder how many who will have a go at him purely for the drunk driving incident still text or speak on a non hands free phone whilst driving?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 22, 2017, 03:14:19 pm by IDM »
If you're going to have a go at him - have a go for his behaviour with Mandeville, keep it to football issues??

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 22, 2017, 03:22:43 pm by Donnywolf »
Not a fan of this...

Agree totally. 

Me too - and for the record he has not been convicted of Murder so technically cant be called a murderer

Lets enjoy the prospect of making him pay for the baiting of Liam M - but NOT make the whole day about him.

Lets just win , win well and show the TV audience why we are unbeaten at home and clear at the top of this Division

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 22, 2017, 04:24:40 pm by Syme »

We did the weird chanting of the keeper's surname a good few years ago at some away games - cant think where - and I remember commenting to my mate at the time that it must be bloody scary/off putting for the poor sod.

Steve Arnold at Stevenage was on the end of this at Broadhall Way when Flynn was in charge.

Arrrr-nold, Arrrr-nold....

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 22, 2017, 04:39:06 pm by NickDRFC »

Steve Arnold at Stevenage was on the end of this at Broadhall Way when Flynn was in charge.

Arrrr-nold, Arrrr-nold....

Always a classic, me and a few others were doing it to Finn when he was fielding on the boundary in the Yorkshire-Middlesex title decider at Lords last year. Not sure the locals liked it but we certainly did.

"STEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEN"

We also resurrected it at Crawley the other week and thought it caught on pretty well, (think his name was Mooooooooorris), unfortunately this was in the 2nd half after he'd already saved a penalty in the first so he definitely had the last laugh.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012