Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:05:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chant for Sunday  (Read 3640 times)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Chant for Sunday
« Reply #30 on March 22, 2017, 05:52:27 pm by balbyrover »
Many of these are too obvious and he will be fairly immune to them, even use them as a way of focusing. Chanting his name in a weird way or something else more random is the way to unnerve him. Gotta defocus him.

We did the weird chanting of the keeper's surname a good few years ago at some away games - cant think where - and I remember commenting to my mate at the time that it must be bloody scary/off putting for the poor sod.

Stevenage i think.. sung at him constantly. 
I actually felt sorry for him when we nicked it in the last minute. Cant remember the goalkeepers name.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 22, 2017, 06:46:33 pm by knockers »
Mmmm In what way will singing about their players motivate ours?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 22, 2017, 07:18:58 pm by Donnywolf »
... it wont

& although some may think it is splitting hairs / semantics he is not a murderer in the eyes of the Law (as I posted earlier)

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 22, 2017, 07:23:30 pm by philsky »
Not a fan of this...

...sorry if I'm in the minority here, but I'm just not comfortable with the deaths of two innocent children being used as a source for 'banter'.

Have a go at him for getting in Mandeville's ear by all means, but the above just doesn't sit right with me.

Agree totally. 

Like wise.  Wrong.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 22, 2017, 08:21:06 pm by RoversAlias »
He drinks
He drives
Little kiddies died
Luke McCormick
Luke McCormick

followed by dirty murdering bas**rd

I hope you're joking.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 22, 2017, 08:43:22 pm by Mr1Croft »
Probably on my own here but didn't see what he did wrong in reverse fixture. Lack of sportsmanship maybe but we're here to win games not make friends. Whilst I can't fault Copps for sticking up for Mandeville you put your hand on someone's throat you're taking an early shower. He wanted a reaction and we gave it too him.

Thankfully it doesn't look like it's coming back to bite us any time soon. (Touch wood).

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 22, 2017, 08:54:12 pm by normal rules »
Im sure he does'nt need reminding of his previous. I guess he will wake up every day and think about it. That is his true punishment - for the rest of his life. He will be somewhat immune to the banter, ive no doubt he has heard it all before. I can only imagine the grief he gets when they play their local rivals Exeter!

Rise above it fellow Rovers supporters. We are better than this.
Support the team. If the worst happens and they get a result - the banter may make you feel better about yourself at the time, but believe me - he will be the one laughing at 4-50pm.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 22, 2017, 10:30:28 pm by Herman Hessian »
Rise above it fellow Rovers supporters. We are better than this.

my sentiments exactly - our abuse should be reserved for honest, hardworking professional footballers who are a pain in the arse on the pitch and try their utmost to confound our ambitions during the 90 minutes for which they're ranged against us but who are normal blokes for the rest of the week and the rest of their lives; shitfaced child killers are beneath contempt and we should not dignify their like by wasting our bile on them; ignore him.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 22, 2017, 11:58:54 pm by les@donr »
He has had the jitters in goal of late, let him be his own downfall. Dodgy goalkeeper might have more impact.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 23, 2017, 07:55:12 pm by ravenrover »
In the nick
In the nick
Did you take it up the a@#e
Did you take it up the a@#e

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 23, 2017, 09:05:47 pm by les@donr »
Plymouth vs Notts County

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_A0qjXGKCc

This is worth watching for the comedy of errors by defender and keeper for Notts C's goal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012