Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Unbelievable Jeff  (Read 3099 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Unbelievable Jeff
« on March 22, 2017, 08:07:28 pm by not on facebook »
Just turned the idiot box on a flicked down the channels

BBC one      Bugger all on
BBC two.      Same as above
BBC  four.     Same as above
ITV 1.          Germany v England ( same as above)
ITV 2.          Bugger all on

Easy tiger easy tiger Germany v England is on.

Christ I did not know they was playing .

WTF has happened to our national team as I recall I be pissing my bed  in the weeks build up  to a England international game.

f**k all on the VSC about the game.

Think I will turn it back over for last 5 mins of the game and watch Lewis on itv3

That's how low watching or not watching England has got

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Unbelievable Jeff
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2017, 08:11:10 pm by IDM »
It is a friendly.. if it was a qualifier there may be more interest, but I don't know about anyone else but I would rather watch dry paint get dryer than international friendlies..

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2017, 08:19:07 pm by not on facebook »
Friendly or not fella it's Germany v England that used to mean something .

I must be sick as I have been all over Europe with England from 1988 to my last game 2006 in Germany,all friendlys or qualifying games.

Today I can't even be arsed to watch them in my front room

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2017, 08:23:44 pm by RoversAlias »
This is a Rovers forum to be fair, primarily we talk about that rather than international football that by and large is pretty tedious to watch.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2017, 08:24:12 pm by IDM »
I have plenty of friendly rivalry with Germany, trust me..

But friendly internationals are worse than club pre-season friendlies..  I like to watch competitive football.. That may happen occasionally with a friendly, but that's a rarity..

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2017, 08:34:05 pm by philsky »
I'm still trying to work out

If we win and Stevenage and Luton lose and Carlisle draw etc etc

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2017, 08:45:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
England are playing well to be fair.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2017, 08:54:40 pm by the vicar »
ALI should of bust the net but shot straight at the German between the sticks

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2017, 08:58:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Not to the Germans it doesn't.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2017, 09:19:25 pm by rich1471 »
What a goal

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2017, 09:27:26 pm by not on facebook »

Well the ground is full so that gives you a good clue as to what ze Germans think

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2017, 10:02:07 pm by The Red Baron »
Strikes me that how England will be under Southgate. A team that plays nice football but doesn't win anything.

I'm not going to lose sleep over losing a friendly, but there's no way England should have lost that game. Some dreadful finishing in the first half.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2017, 10:41:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Strikes me that how England will be under Southgate. A team that plays nice football but doesn't win anything.

Well that's already 50% better than every England team in the last 15 years.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2017, 10:43:15 pm by not on facebook »
So are things looking up for England on the pitch with southgate running the ship.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 23, 2017, 06:58:42 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Yes, Things could be looking up. I'm impressed by the willingness to experiment with a new formation and also with not selecting the same old players. Let's face it though, we've had almost 50 years of misery with England so we're due a change in fortunes.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 23, 2017, 07:28:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The approach play was good as was the pressing however, around the box our pass/cross selection and finishing was woeful for international level.

Overall, there were too many blind passes and we didn't attempt to pick out players with crosses, just hopeful general direction balls.

Still, far too early to judge Southgate. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 23, 2017, 07:43:59 am by DonnyOsmond »
I stopped watching England after years of them playing like a Dickov team.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 23, 2017, 08:57:17 am by deebee »
We will see how better they are when we play Lithuania in a competitive match on Sunday. As long as we don't forget there is a much more important game on Sunday first.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 23, 2017, 02:29:03 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Gave up on England after the Euros, sat on my own watching France pick Iceland apart was a low point.

Not to mention how much I paid on viagogo for the pleasure anticipating a France England game in Paris....

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 23, 2017, 02:35:10 pm by NickDRFC »
Gave up on England after the Euros, sat on my own watching France pick Iceland apart was a low point.

Not to mention how much I paid on viagogo for the pleasure anticipating a France England game in Paris....

Can understand an apathy towards friendlies, but "giving up"? Presumably you didn't give up on the Rovers after any of the 4 relegations suffered over the last 20 years? And some of the abject dross we've served up, even when we were doing well generally (I'm thinking that 3-0 battering down at MK Dons under Saunders).

I'm still as big a supporter of England as I ever was and no amount of poor tournament performance can (or indeed has) diminished that - my expectations are just getting lower and lower each time!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 23, 2017, 03:30:25 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »

Can understand an apathy towards friendlies, but "giving up"? Presumably you didn't give up on the Rovers after any of the 4 relegations suffered over the last 20 years? And some of the abject dross we've served up, even when we were doing well generally (I'm thinking that 3-0 battering down at MK Dons under Saunders).

I'm still as big a supporter of England as I ever was and no amount of poor tournament performance can (or indeed has) diminished that - my expectations are just getting lower and lower each time!

Cant say I have ever felt the same association with England as I do with Donny. I would never think of giving up on Donny even after relegation (although I was pretty annoyed during the experiment and the JR resignation show). Just had enough of getting excited for World Cups and Euros and ending up disappointed.

As I say this I remember I bought tickets to France England in Paris this summer...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 23, 2017, 05:37:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Well the ground is full so that gives you a good clue as to what ze Germans think

But they don't think of us a deadly rivals as you seem to think so. They view the Dutch as their deadly rivals, not us.

As for attendances being a gauge of how special a match is...I would never have expected England playing Malta would have been 20,000 people more special than playing Germany!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 23, 2017, 06:15:05 pm by RedJ »
And in fairness it was Podolski's farewell - a very popular player for Germany.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 23, 2017, 06:37:25 pm by idler »

The difference is that our players unlike the national side aren't on hundreds of thousands a week.
Rio Ferdinand, not the brightest once said he was ashamed about being seen in public after one loss. Only for pictures of him to be published of him leaving a night club at 4am after the game.
That is what annoys me.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 23, 2017, 07:10:42 pm by arkseyrover »
NickDRFC - I think you are coming at it from from the wrong position. Its not about giving up on England (and why shouldn't we when they have served up crap after crap in tournaments, with poor performances, useless managers and over hyped over, paid couldn't care less players) its more about the FA and England giving up on, and shafting, the public. I cant be bothered to watch em anymore.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 23, 2017, 07:13:37 pm by idler »
Where were the FA in our hour of need?
They let big clubs off because of fear but punish lower league clubs with draconian measures.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012