Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:59:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Latest Doncaster Rovers podcast  (Read 1224 times)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Latest Doncaster Rovers podcast
« on March 23, 2017, 11:30:53 am by VivaRovers »
The sixth episode of the fanzine podcast, podular STAND, was recorded on Tuesday this week and is now available to listen.

Details of what's on it, and where you can listen, here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
Re: Latest Doncaster Rovers podcast
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2017, 04:24:24 pm by VivaRovers »
Just giving this a nudge in case folks need something to get through the last 40 minutes at work, or a football-less Saturday

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2017, 09:24:10 pm by StocktonRover »
Excellent listen.
My recollection of the backstory to the owl was that it used to roost in the roof beams of the old pop stand before it was reduced in height.
Predominantly on night games as the excitement levels increased and the noise levels went up, the owl would fly out across the pitch and was seen as a lucky mascot.

When the darker times descended and the old pop stand was replaced with the low level one, the owl was no longer around which coincided with our downturn in fortunes.

JR eventually introduced an owl statue up in the main stand roof in an attempt to bring back the luck.

The story about the traveller curse was supposed to require 3 Irish men to play together in the team to lift it. This did happen but I can't remember who the Irish lads were. Eddie Gormley may have been one.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2017, 09:59:33 pm by RedRover45 »
Tommy Gaynor was probably another one ?

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2017, 09:36:21 am by VivaRovers »
Thanks Stockton, and cheers for setting us right on the owl/curse situation after my brutal mashing together of stories

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2017, 09:59:15 am by idler »
Excellent listen.
My recollection of the backstory to the owl was that it used to roost in the roof beams of the old pop stand before it was reduced in height.
Predominantly on night games as the excitement levels increased and the noise levels went up, the owl would fly out across the pitch and was seen as a lucky mascot.

When the darker times descended and the old pop stand was replaced with the low level one, the owl was no longer around which coincided with our downturn in fortunes.

JR eventually introduced an owl statue up in the main stand roof in an attempt to bring back the luck.

The story about the traveller curse was supposed to require 3 Irish men to play together in the team to lift it. This did happen but I can't remember who the Irish lads were. Eddie Gormley may have been one.

I thought that it was Scots that were needed.
I seem to remember Willy Boyd and Billy Bremner being two scots plus we had one or two more round about that time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012