Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Plymouth's Keeper  (Read 9221 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: Plymouth's Keeper
« Reply #30 on March 26, 2017, 02:50:53 pm by les@donr »
What sort of reception did he get?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 26, 2017, 03:22:27 pm by GazLaz »

Hostile. Banners and all sorts.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 26, 2017, 03:47:05 pm by RobTheRover »

BBC1 and 2 are Ok, but he's got no chance with Channel 5

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 26, 2017, 03:47:37 pm by MrFrost »
A shame he's been their best player.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 26, 2017, 03:48:25 pm by GazLaz »
A shame he's been their best player.

He's made one decent save.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 26, 2017, 03:48:47 pm by RobTheRover »
In front of his own crowd 2nd half too, so no more grilling from the BB

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on March 26, 2017, 05:15:36 pm by Padge_DRFC »
One good save all the rest were saves you'd expect to see save. Some very poor finishing today

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 26, 2017, 05:23:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
One good save all the rest were saves you'd expect to see save. Some very poor finishing today

Tend to agree. Didn't take our chances did we?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 26, 2017, 05:27:10 pm by RoversAlias »
He made some very good saves. Got the rightful dog's abuse but to be honest I thought it was telling that in the second half, our fans barely made a noise throughout with him up the other end, and one more chant aimed at him later on was as loud as it got.

The players didn't exactly gee us up today but I was surprised there wasn't more vocal singing/chanting after the break, seemed as if it was all wrapped up in McCormick rather than the team.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 26, 2017, 05:31:12 pm by RedJ »
We should've buried them in that first half.

Think the fact that they scored fairly early in the second killed off any atmosphere, especially with the regular drummer seemingly getting booted out again.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on March 26, 2017, 05:48:31 pm by goalkick »
We were robbed today they have one shot on target and score.should have put at least one of our chances away.but footballs a funny old game can't win them all.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 26, 2017, 05:54:34 pm by drfchound »
We played quite well today but so did Plymouth, in a containing type of way.
I actually thought McCormick made at least three top saves today.
Without the benefit of seeing any replays yet, why didn't Lawlor try to get the corner away.
It was just a floated cross to the far post and we thought he had a good chance of flapping it away to the right back area but keepers these days tend not to go for them.
Although we were ok today we didn't have anyone wh really had a blinder.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 26, 2017, 06:02:10 pm by Al4475 »
Weird karma for everyone - mccormick has a second chance after his driving misdemeanour and is taking it! In 1995 a young very highly rated keeper at Plymouth, Alan Nicholls, died on the back of his mate's motorbike after a game for stalybridge!

Funny old world!

ballysbackin

« Reply #43 on March 26, 2017, 06:59:53 pm by ballysbackin »
The gamesmanship started when he was named Captain by them

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on March 26, 2017, 07:07:46 pm by German Rover »
The gamesmanship started when he was named Captain by them

At the start of the season? There's some mad conspiracy nuts on here, but this takes the biscuit. They made him captain in July to piss rovers fans off at the end of March.

Seriously people need to have a word with themselves. Yes he did wrong and was punished according to the British justice system. He expressed regret and still it's not enough for some people. Some of you seem to want blood. I guarantee no one would ha e mentioned him if he hadn't got in Mandevilles face and Coppinger hadn't got himself sent off!

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 26, 2017, 07:09:39 pm by southwestexile »
Fact is that he's a very good keeper and if it wasn't for his past m, he'd be in the championship or prem. We lost today to the goal that Plymouth have scored all season - manager/defender to blame. They have a game plan which has beaten us twice this season, we'll be up but there are questions over Ferguson after this

ballysbackin

« Reply #46 on March 26, 2017, 07:11:15 pm by ballysbackin »
Oh I apologise, I did not truly know he was the captain of the team, I do apologise. On gamesmanship though. It took the ref 85 mins to work out he had been getting the piss taken out of him by tem.  We knew that they would fall over anywhere and as the ref wiould see to the wounded the rest went for tactical talk. Amazing only three mins added time too, very amazing indeed.

ballysbackin

« Reply #47 on March 26, 2017, 07:12:09 pm by ballysbackin »
Fact is that he's a very good keeper and if it wasn't for his past m, he'd be in the championship or prem. We lost today to the goal that Plymouth have scored all season - manager/defender to blame. They have a game plan which has beaten us twice this season, we'll be up but there are questions over Ferguson after this

I cannot agree with that but it is your opinion so I respect it

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 26, 2017, 07:45:31 pm by Not Now Kato »
Fact is, no matter how well he played, he's still a Child Killer.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 26, 2017, 08:48:49 pm by southwestexile »

Which bit don't you agree with?

I cannot agree with that but it is your opinion so I respect it

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 26, 2017, 09:05:26 pm by Syme »
I find it odd in cases like McCormick's that the family of his victims can say now he's served his time they just want to get on with their lives and leave this tragedy behind them, yet some people who have no obvious connection to the events, continue to obsess over it. The mind boggles.

ballysbackin

« Reply #51 on March 26, 2017, 10:52:53 pm by ballysbackin »
What would you do if it was your kid dead in the ground and he is merrily carrying on with his life. Turn the other cheek "You have killed my child now I turn the cheak so you can kill the other one but have a good drink first.??

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 26, 2017, 11:11:38 pm by Syme »
You've missed my point entirely bally1950. I could try and explain it again, but I wonder what the point would be.

ballysbackin

« Reply #53 on March 26, 2017, 11:13:42 pm by ballysbackin »
Try - AS you say I am thick so it may take a second attempt

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 26, 2017, 11:23:33 pm by Syme »
Ok. The family of the dead children have said they want to get on with their lives. He has, in their view, served his time. No good can come from dragging this tragedy out for ever more.

So, if the people directly impacted by this awful thing can take that position, why is it that those who have not been impacted feel they need to keep picking at old wounds. It serves no purpose and it's hard to understand their motivations.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 27, 2017, 09:16:56 am by DaveDRFC »
Fact is that he's a very good keeper and if it wasn't for his past m, he'd be in the championship or prem.

I said the same thing on the way out of the ground yesterday, he was a decent keeper for Plymouth in the Championship and if he hadn't done what he did there is no way he would still be playing for them, he'd still be at a Championship club at the very least.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 27, 2017, 09:30:04 am by roversdude »
Kept them in it yesterday and looked their only decent player - end of really

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 27, 2017, 09:38:41 am by Bezza »
Kept them in it yesterday and looked their only decent player - end of really
agree with this quote he saved them, but he deserved the stick he got.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 27, 2017, 10:06:16 am by Surrey Rover »
My gripe with the whole affair is with the judiciary. The maximum sentence he could have received for the offence was 14 years but they chose to give him 7. The life he now enjoys together with the sentence he received was insufficient as a deterrent to others.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 27, 2017, 10:16:51 am by Donnywolf »
I agree but our beef as "the Public" should be to pressurise Governments now and in the future for Sentences that do reflect our concern / horror etc at offences such as this.

I long advocated for a system of Menu sentencing when for example you are convicted of Burglary you get x Months in Prison wherever you are in (say) England. No mitigation - no exceptions. You have been CONVICTED. Then there would be none of the "inconsistency" of which you have spoken.

Apply that to each and every kind of offence and surely "we" as the Public would / should be better protected.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012