Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:26:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Plymouth's Keeper  (Read 9246 times)

ballysbackin

Re: Plymouth's Keeper
« Reply #60 on March 27, 2017, 10:22:51 am by ballysbackin »
Fact is that he's a very good keeper and if it wasn't for his past m, he'd be in the championship or prem. We lost today to the goal that Plymouth have scored all season - manager/defender to blame. They have a game plan which has beaten us twice this season, we'll be up but there are questions over Ferguson after this

Which bit don't you agree with?

I cannot agree with that but it is your opinion so I respect it

That they had a game plan..We should have had four in first half, May missed a sitter from a yard. Good saves and atrocious refereeing. Good Game plan. Let the home team score several goals first.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

« Reply #61 on March 27, 2017, 10:24:47 am by ballysbackin »
Never going to happen JT, The Government are trying to empty prisons.

ballysbackin

« Reply #62 on March 27, 2017, 11:06:49 am by ballysbackin »
Ok. The family of the dead children have said they want to get on with their lives. He has, in their view, served his time. No good can come from dragging this tragedy out for ever more.

So, if the people directly impacted by this awful thing can take that position, why is it that those who have not been impacted feel they need to keep picking at old wounds. It serves no purpose and it's hard to understand their motivations.

OHHHHH. Nope still do not understand why the general public cannot be outraged.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 27, 2017, 11:17:30 am by Syme »
Of course they can be, but what's the point? It happened nearly a decade ago.

ballysbackin

« Reply #64 on March 27, 2017, 01:37:57 pm by ballysbackin »
I do not know if you were there yesterday but the Stand behind him had their views. Including the four that tried to have a real go and he refused to go for the ball behind his goal again. and utilised the ball boys (never thanking them, but I did not see any Plymouth player thanking) And lets be right about it, all this is because of his actions in the first fixture and getting Copps sent off.  I also bet the parents look at the empty beds each night too

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 27, 2017, 01:50:40 pm by Jenny »
I do not know if you were there yesterday but the Stand behind him had their views. Including the four that tried to have a real go and he refused to go for the ball behind his goal again. and utilised the ball boys (never thanking them, but I did not see any Plymouth player thanking) And lets be right about it, all this is because of his actions in the first fixture and getting Copps sent off.  I also bet the parents look at the empty beds each night too

I don't think he utilised the ball boys because he was bothered by the crowd, he was time wasting from the first kick, it wasn't in their game plan to get the ball back into play quickly.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on March 27, 2017, 05:57:53 pm by southwestexile »
Fact is that he's a very good keeper and if it wasn't for his past m, he'd be in the championship or prem. We lost today to the goal that Plymouth have scored all season - manager/defender to blame. They have a game plan which has beaten us twice this season, we'll be up but there are questions over Ferguson after this

That they had a game plan..We should have had four in first half, May missed a sitter from a yard. Good saves and atrocious refereeing. Good Game plan. Let the home team score several goals first.

Not sure that was there plan, however, get bodies behind the ball, counter attack and hope to snatch a goal, maybe from a set piece? Smash and grab? Remember that tactic when we went up with Jones et al?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on March 27, 2017, 08:38:48 pm by ravenrover »

Can you clarify atrocious refereeing? watching on Sky he didn't seem to get a lot wrong in my opinion and I say that without using the benefit of using slow motion etc I always go by my initial reaction.

ballysbackin

« Reply #68 on March 27, 2017, 09:22:59 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes I will Raven . 2 mins gone May flattened from the back within two yards of linesman. No foul.. Just a couple of minutes later a shoulder charge fk to Plym 2 mins after that an attack that could have got a goal, fk to Plym several minutes after that May and big defender bump big fellow goes doewn fk to Plym and so it went on to such and extent that until Marquis was almost snapped in two by the defender coming over the top did we get a fk, they fell down nowhere near play arms in air fk to them. Time wasting allowed. A trip on Donny player in area not punished.

Second half not as bad but he only really had a better idea of fouls after their goal, but still fell for 5 card tricks on non injuries and stop play and added time just 3 mins after 5 subs and umpteen hold ups for their players. keeper never spoken to for time wasting

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on March 27, 2017, 09:52:25 pm by Filo »
Yes I will Raven . 2 mins gone May flattened from the back within two yards of linesman. No foul.. Just a couple of minutes later a shoulder charge fk to Plym 2 mins after that an attack that could have got a goal, fk to Plym several minutes after that May and big defender bump big fellow goes doewn fk to Plym and so it went on to such and extent that until Marquis was almost snapped in two by the defender coming over the top did we get a fk, they fell down nowhere near play arms in air fk to them. Time wasting allowed. A trip on Donny player in area not punished.

Second half not as bad but he only really had a better idea of fouls after their goal, but still fell for 5 card tricks on non injuries and stop play and added time just 3 mins after 5 subs and umpteen hold ups for their players. keeper never spoken to for time wasting

Would that be the Tommy Rowe dive?

ballysbackin

« Reply #70 on March 27, 2017, 09:53:26 pm by ballysbackin »
I could not see a dive or who the player was but there was a leg out and a player went down, that is all I could see.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 27, 2017, 10:00:35 pm by Filo »
Tomm Rowe saw a leg out and dived, but by the time he'd executed his dive the leg had been pulled away and not within 2 feet of Tommy

ballysbackin

« Reply #72 on March 27, 2017, 10:03:46 pm by ballysbackin »
Thanks, I did not get a view as good as yours, Referee still rubbish IMO

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 28, 2017, 09:15:31 am by Donnywolf »

Except the horrible challenge on Copps almost straight after Kick Off by their 10. Late and dangerous

Not seen by Ref (who awarded a Free Kick anyway) and presumably given by Lino - or Ref alerted by crowd reaction

I.m with the latter because any Lino (sorry supposed ASSISTANT Referee) would surely have told the Ref how bad a tackle it really was and that it was a Yellow Card minimum. Assistant my a***

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on March 28, 2017, 09:47:51 am by DaveDRFC »
The Tommy Rowe one, at the time I thought was a definite penalty. Saw the replay on the concourse TVs at half time and he dived, so the ref got that one right. Don't know why Rowe dived, if he'd just kept running he would have been fouled but he went to ground before he'd even got to the defender's leg!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 28, 2017, 09:54:51 am by NickDRFC »
Yeah definite dive, I was watching in the pub and shouted penalty when I first saw it but replays proved me wrong.

Didn't think the ref was that bad - he let a lot go but there was plenty from us that I thought should have been penalised as well.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 28, 2017, 01:58:11 pm by IDM »
The lack of a yellow card for the foul on Copps just after half time was ridiculous.

Getting back to the OP, their keeper was man of the match.  3 top class saves kept them in the game, not forgetting at least 2 or was it 3 blocks by defenders sliding in..

Another day, same chances, we score 3.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on March 28, 2017, 02:26:33 pm by drfchound »
I agree with that IDM.
Too many of us are saying it was bad finishing.
If we had defended in a similar way and nicked a 1-0 everyone would have been praising the keeper and defence.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 28, 2017, 03:58:35 pm by GazLaz »
Rowe had a few good chances as well as Copps. Rowe had a free header from a corner which he should have done better with. Copps had never been the best in front of goal but he should have done better with the one he put over the bar. It's not the end of the world though, we showed we are a far better team than them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012