Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:02:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: "RUMBLED" The reason why Lincoln Don't have a goalkeeper as a substitute  (Read 2111 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
We all saw the Arsenal Lincoln Facup match and how the Lincoln Goalkeeper "appeared" to be injured   HE LAID DOWN ON THE PITCH - AS IF HE DAD TO COME OFF - "PUT THE LIMP ON ETC "and we all  thought Etherington Rovers on loan goalkeeper  would be coming on as a substitute goalkeeper

Due to this "alleged" injury to the goalkeeper the LIncoln players all did their customary run to the Manager - for a drink of water get instructions etc  (in Colemans world this is an AMERICAN Football time out)

The commentator in the Arsenal Lincoln match kept on saying about Lincoln breaking the match down into 10 minute segments (again as per American football)

ANYHOW Farman recovered and did not need to come off
-----------------------
Today we had Lincoln v Forest green on the TV
I only saw the second half of the Lincoln Forest Green match today (yes I wanted FG to win)

In the second half The TV woman did a quick 10 second interview with the Lincoln manager when they were 1-0 down and he mentioned that Lincoln had 17 turnovers in the first half ( is this AMERICAN football terminology or wot)

I didn't know until today that Lincoln NEVER have a substitute goalkeeper on the bench in League Matches --  which is going to PI$$ Etherington off because his chance of getting a game on loan is virtually NIL.

It is pure stupidity not to have a goalkeeper on the bench UNLESS YOU HAVE A "CUNNING PLAN"

We all know Lincoln play a high pressing game and to keep it up for 90 minutes --- breaking the match into sections and having "alleged" "well constructed" time-outs" ( players running to the manager etc ) helps break up the match  SO DO  "alleged" "FICTICIOUS" INJURIES

So wot happened today when Lincoln were winning their goalkeeper suddenly "lies down in his penalty area -- as if he might have to come off

surprise surprise Lincoln don't have a substitute goalkeeper on the bench   IN SUCH A VITAL MATCH -- Lincoln take a long time out drinks huddle with the manager etc -- the  goalkeeper and his "alleged" LIMP recover -- he even takes the goal kick himself (not the smartest move for an injured goalkeeper)  and "totally" by chance this takes the momentum out f the game

As I have said that is now two matches it has looked as if their goalkeeper  might have to come off injured

Logically because Farman seems to be "iinjury prone" (judging by wot we have seen on TV) obviously you would expect Etherington to be on the bench as an insurance policy afraid not so !!

but not so think someone's been "rumbled"   food for thought ??

Talking of substitute goalkeepers The sacked Sutton goalkeeper's stomach never ever "rumbled " 

AND their goalkeeper had a "GENUINE" injury and they had no substitute goalkeeper

never mind "wot comes around goes around "
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:11:10 am by Colemans Left Hook »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Not everything is a conspiracy, you know.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Not everything is a conspiracy, you know.
so are you saying there is no mileage in it ??

let's see wot BOBG thinks

funny how Ferguson realised the importance of having a 2nd goalkeeper on the bench for the TV game against Portsmouth and recalled no other than Mr Etherington on the bench

bobbymax

• VSC Member
FFS! IT'S ETHERIDGE!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Can I have some of what you're on Coleman? Seems to be great stuff.

dickos1

• VSC Member
Still don't know what the reason is that you're trying to explain.

They don't have a sub goalie because they can pretend to be injured??
Can't they do that if they have a substitute keeper like?

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
I would wager loads of teams in the conference and below where they only get 5 named subs don't bother with a sub keeper.

Drover

• Forum Member
Neil Warnock did'nt have a keeper on his subs bench.I think its one of those options where it might cost you a point or two once in a blue moon,but it gives you an extra outfield option for all season.Swings and roundabouts.

BobG

• VSC Member
I think lots of things Coleman. Not all pretty, or intelligent or even interesting. But I enjoy them, mostly, and I do try, quite hard, to make them both coherent and lucid.

Cheers

BobG

TheFunk

• Forum Member
I'm sure under SOD we didn't have a sub keeper many times.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012