Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:30:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the Guess Rovers opponents in the first match of next season competition  (Read 2317 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
At the start of this season we had a winner who predicted Etherington would go back to his old club Accrington first match-- he might even have had a bet on it.

It suddenly dawned on me that Rovers will be playing Plymouth again next season and using the goalkeeper theme like he did successfully to predict Accrington Plymouth's former  "PORRIDGE" eating goalkeeper reputadly keen on the game of monopoly   ...  "  go to XXX  do not collect £200"

could make an early reappearance ??  first match of the season would stir up the porridge

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
I reckon it will be against one of the relegated teams..

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
MK Dons first game of next season at home.

selby

• VSC Member
After an  end of season collapse THE MIGHTY SHEFFIELD UNITED and a praise and grumble lasting from May to August.
   In the second week of May BRIAN THE BLADE was installed as the new manager being voted in by the two listeners still interested,although they have since been outed as Rotherham fans having a jolly in the pub.
   Brian says that the biggest honour of being manager is leading out his team on the hallowed turf at the Keepmoat Stadium,which is better than a first match at our own decrepit victorian stadium in run down Sheffield.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Burton Albion

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Burton Albion
they won't have any players when they pay their "loans" off

they have just struck a "demoralising" rich vein of form and the word titanic as in sinking comes to mind -- onwards and downwards fact is they have done remarkably well to still be so high --  fortunately they have a "survival"manager who is good at not losing -- hopeless at winning things (unless started by others)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
After an  end of season collapse THE MIGHTY SHEFFIELD UNITED and a praise and grumble lasting from May to August.
   In the second week of May BRIAN THE BLADE was installed as the new manager being voted in by the two listeners still interested,although they have since been outed as Rotherham fans having a jolly in the pub.
   Brian says that the biggest honour of being manager is leading out his team on the hallowed turf at the Keepmoat Stadium,which is better than a first match at our own decrepit victorian stadium in run down Sheffield.
What makes me think you are not a Sheff Utd fan Brian.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Wigan away. I'd love it to be Forest mind!

glosterred

• VSC Member
I'm going for Sheffield United for no other reason than why not, you know you'd love that game!

COYR

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Oldham away, win 3-1.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Lincoln at home.

(Yes I'm kidding)

andysly

• VSC Member
Away at Swindon

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Away at Swindon

I've been giving this some thought and jokingly thought Rotherham !!  then realised if the christmas matches are somewhat "regionally" fixed in league 1 as they were in league 2 -- notts county away & Mansfield away then the direct train away match at Stevenage

then it's odds on it's either Scunthorpe or Rotherham on Boxing day 2017 assuming mansfield or Forest aren't in the division

seem to remember rovers achieved there highest ever position in the Championship when they beat Scunny was it 3-0 to go 3rd on about January 1st before they signed kilgellan (or whatever he was called) it looked a masterful signing at the time -- before gravity tookover

ballysbackin

Re: the Guess Rovers opponents in the first match of next season competition
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2017, 01:47:10 pm by ballysbackin »
Plymouth away

les@donr

• Forum Member
The Scunny Bunnies at home.

normal rules

• Forum Member
rovrum away :)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Who is Doncasters biggest boegy team in that league ,as it will be them at the KMS.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
Blackpool away

swintonrover

• Forum Member
Scunny away

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Who is Doncasters biggest boegy team in that league ,as it will be them at the KMS.

Sadly the chances of Reading going bankrupt and getting a massive points deduction is pretty remote

RedJ

• Forum Member
Not really sure that's something you could describe as "sadly"...

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Plymouth away

Will be a belting journey - to the West Country on a Saturday - just like the Bristol C game where I arrived just as the 4th Official held up the 1 minute to go board at the end of the First Half ! We had left home some 7 hours before Kick Off

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
Carlisle away

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
The Scunny Bunnies at home.

heh - i've got a picture of one of the actual Scunny Bunnies somewhere (their local paper's glamour  model competition) - a right f**king horror she is too - I'll dig it out and stick it up here later...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Plymouth away would be my guess.

les@donr

• Forum Member
scunny and glamour are not two that go together.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012