Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:40:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sunday League May  (Read 8095 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Sunday League May
« on March 26, 2017, 04:14:38 pm by GazLaz »
If Williams isn't 10 times the player he is I'll give up.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Sunday League May
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2017, 04:29:27 pm by swain_drfc »
First time ive seen this lad play and tbh I think he is well out of his league

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2017, 04:42:22 pm by Syme »
Runs around a lot, but lacks speed of thought.

He could do with a full year as a pro though before we see if he's going to have what it takes.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2017, 04:49:57 pm by Filo »
The game just passed him by, the change should have been made at half time. Bring Williams in for the rest of the season, we need experience to get us over the line

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2017, 04:50:40 pm by dickos1 »
Williams has been very poor all season, terrible in fact. May was poor today, few others worse. Cops worst game for a long time, grant poor, Rowe poor, mason shite

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2017, 04:57:16 pm by GazLaz »
Williams has been very poor all season, terrible in fact. May was poor today, few others worse. Cops worst game for a long time, grant poor, Rowe poor, mason shite

I thought Grant and Rowe were ok. We played well first half and should have been ahead. They had one shot on target from a set piece.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2017, 04:59:41 pm by dickos1 »
3 or 4 good chances missed
Blair played well,
Thought we did ok. Should've won both games against them but ended up with nowt

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2017, 05:02:28 pm by Surrey Rover »
Goals to chances ratio is very poor generally. I came away from Brisbane Road last weekend thinking we'll have to do a lot better next weekend on that statistic and the fact we haven't has cost us the match.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2017, 05:04:27 pm by GazLaz »
Luke was very good when he came on I thought. Blair excellent. No need to panic, we are the best team in the league. Only Pompey anywhere near.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2017, 05:07:42 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'd get Mandeville in. May could do with a decent pre-season with us but he still wouldn't be ready for League One and would probably be best to loan him out.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2017, 05:10:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'd get Mandeville in. May could do with a decent pre-season with us but he still wouldn't be ready for League One and would probably be best to loan him out.

Just seen he's injured again. Ahhh.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2017, 05:14:25 pm by Padge_DRFC »
If Williams had gone as long as May has without scoring there would be uproar. Williams is more of a threat when the ball is in the box

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2017, 05:14:58 pm by NickDRFC »
Really poor today and I'd have taken him off half an hour before Fergie did. Not on his own though Copps was woeful.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 26, 2017, 05:25:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Atrocious thread, yes he wasn't at the races today but sunday league? Give him a f**king chance, he isn't going to be a world beater after 2 months as a professional.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2017, 05:26:49 pm by Jenny »
He looked like a lost headless chicken today, I've said the same about if it was Williams missing the chances he did everyone would be going mental. May makes a nuisance of himself and creates space, but he's a striker and he needs to start chipping in with some goals, especially when he he presented with chances that seem harder to miss.

I'd start Williams on Saturday.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2017, 05:29:12 pm by roversdude »
Got kicked all over surprised he came out 2nd half

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2017, 05:30:20 pm by RedJ »
He was shite today. Usually offers something even if he doesn't look like he'll score but he may as well have been stood next to me.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2017, 05:31:58 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
May gets himself into goalscoring opportunities that Williams wouldn't, tricky ones where he's off balance. He does, and no doubt is working at his game. Today seemed poorer than I've seen him before but nothing like what's being said here.

I can't see Williams getting a goal, he's just not in the zone, like Bambi on ice. That's nothing to do with *confidence*, but something is out of sorts for him. His goal against Orient was a bit of a gift. I'd still play May ahead of him.

And yes, Gaz you should give up - crass thing to be saying and even being generous to you, respecting reasonable opinions of others, you couldn't hit a barn door if it was in your face with that one.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:35:05 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2017, 05:32:10 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Needs to get a goal or two.  Probably worth sticking Williams in next week.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2017, 05:39:02 pm by GazLaz »
Atrocious thread, yes he wasn't at the races today but sunday league? Give him a f**king chance, he isn't going to be a world beater after 2 months as a professional.

He's not a lost cause by any means, but he's not good enough at the minute.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2017, 05:44:54 pm by Filo »

He's not a lost cause by any means, but he's not good enough at the minute.

I agree, he also needs to work on his core strength, gets bullied off the ball far too easily

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2017, 05:46:09 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I thought Williams would have started today. I would like to see how McShefferey would be playing close to JM.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2017, 05:49:11 pm by swain_drfc »

Not at all, like many have said if that was Williams out there today playing May's game they would be too quick to jump on his back. Not good enough right now in my opinion and a waste of a body in our title push

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2017, 05:53:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Our build up play is sometimes so slow that by the time our strikers have a chance of scoring there are half a dozen defenders stood on the line.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2017, 05:59:35 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not a good game for Alfie today. You have to say Plymouth defended well. Marquis was kept quiet too and the header aside, never really looked like getting on the end off anything.

Perhaps we were guilty of trying to be too precise with the finish but despite the defeat, we are the best team in the league!

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 26, 2017, 06:19:26 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Have to agree fully with you :rtid:

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 26, 2017, 06:22:18 pm by andysly »
May's best position is on the bench.
Decent option if it's 0-1 like today to come on and run at tiring defenders.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 26, 2017, 06:25:12 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
"Poor", "woeful", "shite", "out of his league", "terrible all season", " headless chicken" etc...etc...

Bugger me, anyone would have thought that we'd been turned over by Wilby Carr High School 1st years 2nd XI class of 1981!!  It's a disappointment for sure, but don't we think that some of this is a little bit of an overreaction?

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 26, 2017, 06:34:25 pm by Goole Rover »
Talked to few who had been to Orient who said he was good. Give the lad a chance it's a very big step up for him. I'm more appalled with the back post defending and again the missed simple chances.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 26, 2017, 06:44:29 pm by Campsall rover »
"Poor", "woeful", "shite", "out of his league", "terrible all season", " headless chicken" etc...etc...

Bugger me, anyone would have thought that we'd been turned over by Wilby Carr High School 1st years 2nd XI class of 1981!!  It's a disappointment for sure, but don't we think that some of this is a little bit of an overreaction?
Agreed totally. The over re-action to a defeat on this thread is appalling to put it mildly.
We played very well against the most resolute defence we have come across all season.
How many games have we failed to score. Not many. Top scorers in the league.
There are people on here that need to get a reality check.  :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012