Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:25:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Luke  (Read 4068 times)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Luke
« on March 26, 2017, 05:41:43 pm by tommy toes »
Good to see him back. Slotted straight back in and looked class.

As for the game this had to happen sometime. Usually have one or two games a season where it just won't go in.
Onwards and upwards.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Luke
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2017, 05:46:30 pm by Dutch Uncle »
 :that:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2017, 05:59:46 pm by GazLaz »
He was excellent when he came on. Must have the same barber as Keegan.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2017, 06:08:53 pm by Big MAC »
I.e No barber! I know he used to go to Derek Williams in Armthorpe, but he hasn't seen him for a while, next time I go I can tell him why!

The Mighty Brian Rowe

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2017, 06:16:05 pm by The Mighty Brian Rowe »
I.e No barber! I know he used to go to Derek Williams in Armthorpe, but he hasn't seen him for a while, next time I go I can tell him why!

Bloody Hell. Is he still going. My dad used to take me there 35 years ago...

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2017, 06:25:52 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Great to see Luke back on a football pitch did everything asked when he came on and can only get better with more game time. Certainly a positive for the run in!!!! :) :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2017, 02:10:04 pm by IDM »
I was delighted to see Luke play, and for a decent spell too.

He looked assured in that MF position and I have been saying for ages it is his best position.  I was not expecting him to return like that, didn't look like he hadn't played all season did he?

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 28, 2017, 02:14:41 pm by Belle_Vue »
He looked a beast, put himself about abit. Okay, wasn't on for long but looks abit more mobile

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2017, 02:37:12 pm by drfchound »
I said at the game that Luke appears to have bulked out quite a lot since we last saw him on the pitch.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2017, 05:41:11 pm by i_ateallthepies »
And I was thinking he'd shaken that bit of podge off.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2017, 05:44:36 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
He did look solid, not podgy. I think he could well be one of our key players next season. Looking forward to seeing him develop, and hopefully getting back in that Irish team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2017, 06:28:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ageed, he looked very good. You forget how well he played in that position. He seems to glide across the ground and keeps it simple.

I'm a big fan of Houghton, so it's an interesting comparison between the two. Houghton tends to play the ball a little quicker and perhaps is a little more comfortable with both feet. He's maybe a little more hustle and bustle where as Luke seems to be smother and cooler.

Overall there's not much between the two. Perhaps Houghton has the greater potential but Luke has the opportunity now to show he's equally as good.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2017, 06:49:58 pm by Draytonian III »
I went to Luke's home town yesterday Portadown

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 28, 2017, 06:55:23 pm by drfchound »
And I was thinking he'd shaken that bit of podge off.

I was thinking bulked up in a solid muscular way.

ballysbackin

« Reply #14 on March 28, 2017, 07:55:23 pm by ballysbackin »
To kick lumps out of anyone who approaches I hope, about time too

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 29, 2017, 08:27:31 am by roversdude »
Ageed, he looked very good. You forget how well he played in that position. He seems to glide across the ground and keeps it simple.

I'm a big fan of Houghton, so it's an interesting comparison between the two. Houghton tends to play the ball a little quicker and perhaps is a little more comfortable with both feet. He's maybe a little more hustle and bustle where as Luke seems to be smother and cooler.

Overall there's not much between the two. Perhaps Houghton has the greater potential but Luke has the opportunity now to show he's equally as good.

Houghton reads game much better

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 29, 2017, 08:34:16 am by GazLaz »

Houghton reads game much better

I saw Luke do a couple of things on Sunday that i hadn't seen in his game before. A couple of times his pass selection was top class, he chose and executed passes you dont see at this level. I'm not on about 40 yard balls, just clever balls into people that most wouldn't see never mind execute. Houghton has been outstanding this season but if Luke consistently played like he did for half an hour on Sunday he could potentially be better.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 29, 2017, 04:02:24 pm by roversdude »
Gaz I hope you're right, he certainly looks the part

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 29, 2017, 04:44:29 pm by nortikorner »
Some people are deluded it is easy to look good when a team put 10 men behind the ball  protecting a goal lead

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 29, 2017, 07:11:06 pm by tommy toes »
Some people are deluded it is easy to look good when a team put 10 men behind the ball  protecting a goal lead

Eh?
You're right if all you do is pass the ball sideways. As someone on this thread has already said LM did far more than that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 29, 2017, 08:22:16 pm by drfchound »

Gerritforrad?

ballysbackin

« Reply #21 on March 29, 2017, 09:18:47 pm by ballysbackin »
I repeat also.

To kick lumps out of anyone who approaches I hope, about time too

Ballism Rules

TinyPortal © 2005-2012