Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:19:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For anyone watching on sky?  (Read 2815 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
For anyone watching on sky?
« on March 26, 2017, 08:22:19 pm by Mac the hooped man »
How much did sky drown out the crowd when mccormick had the ball, the noise in the south stand was immense...!!!   Shame it didn't seem to put him off his game..!!!   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: For anyone watching on sky?
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2017, 08:32:12 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Other than that the noise was poor from both sets of supporters. To be honest you can see away fans singing but not hear it at the Keepmoat

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2017, 12:32:35 pm by Mac the hooped man »
cheers for that, but it didnt quite answer the question?...

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2017, 02:06:04 pm by godlike1 »
I sat near to halfway in the West stand and you can hear both sets of fans very well (you do struggle to hear the away fans at times in the south stand which is understandable)

It depends where sky put their atmosphere mikes and to be fair the way we played 2nd half, there was not much to get the crowd going. I would rather we sang about the team for most of the game rather than the opposition's goalie

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2017, 02:14:59 pm by drfchound »
I thought that the South Stand singers put too much effort into slagging the keeper off and forgot to do enough of the regular stuff.

Agreed that we were not quite as good in the second half but that is probably when the team needs more vocal backing?
It was especially quiet in the second half.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2017, 02:34:25 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought that the South Stand singers put too much effort into slagging the keeper off and forgot to do enough of the regular stuff.

Agreed that we were not quite as good in the second half but that is probably when the team needs more vocal backing?
It was especially quiet in the second half.

100% agree with that, the South Stand was constant in the first half, primarily due to the abuse of McCormack and then in the second half barely made a noise at all, less than usual even with Plymouth scoring early.

nightporter

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2017, 03:50:30 pm by nightporter »
Shame it didn't seem to put him off his game..!!!   

Did you expect him to run off in tears?  All it was likely to do was spur him on and try to stick it to us. He was M.O.M. 

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2017, 03:54:07 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Shame it didn't seem to put him off his game..!!!   

Did you expect him to run off in tears?  All it was likely to do was spur him on and try to stick it to us. He was M.O.M. 

I'd take a stab that he has gone through worse since the incident than some football fans singing behind him.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2017, 07:15:42 pm by not on facebook »
I watched it on sky and was on the understanding that the black bank was going to give the Plymouth keeper a rough ride.

Towards end of 1st half I said to myself ' their keeper seems to have got a pass from the black back' as I could not pick out any grief or stress what so ever .

Maybe sky knew before hand and did things to block the black bank out.

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2017, 08:12:17 pm by Mac the hooped man »
I watched it on sky and was on the understanding that the black bank was going to give the Plymouth keeper a rough ride.

Towards end of 1st half I said to myself ' their keeper seems to have got a pass from the black back' as I could not pick out any grief or stress what so ever .

Maybe sky knew before hand and did things to block the black bank out.

As said earlier, it was some of the loudest singing I've ever heard in the SS, so sky done a great job of nullifying it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2017, 08:32:40 pm by not on facebook »
Sky tosspots

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2017, 10:43:37 am by GazLaz »
I'm just watching the game again on TV, you can clearly hear the boo's and "murder" chants.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2017, 11:05:12 am by Goole Rover »
We were there to watch football. Yes he's a nasty piece of work and personally I couldn't live with myself with what he'd done. The vast majority of us have all broken the law at sometime and our actions could have developed into something very serious, how many of you have broken the speed limit this week ? I think the chants and banners were out of order. I wouldn't want him or the others guilty of this crime or the recent sex crimes anywhere near DRFC but all that the protests did was to rev him up to regrettably a match winning performance. I'm glad the chanting couldn't be heard on Sky.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 28, 2017, 11:27:47 am by GazLaz »
It could clearly be heard on sky. I'm watching it now.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 28, 2017, 11:29:08 am by The Red Baron »
Not justifying the chants but the fact is if he hadn't behaved like an utter knob at Plymouth no-one would have mentioned the driving thing.

Certainly he's a better keeper than Forde who got in the EFL Team of the Season, and I suspect he doesn't get included in things like that for "political" reasons.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012