Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:08:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Neutral view  (Read 3670 times)

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
Neutral view
« on March 26, 2017, 08:45:14 pm by Andy Smith »
Could not get back up north for the game today due to workso watched it in my local with West Ham and Wigan fam( do ask) but both agree best team lost today.

Both agreed that we played great football but got done by a murdering b@st@rd who pulled  of several several good saves

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Syme

• Forum Member
Re: Neutral view
« Reply #1 on March 26, 2017, 09:09:29 pm by Syme »
Ferguson knew they'd sit back, he said as much pre match, and knew they were dangerous from set pieces. Which therefore makes losing to their only shot on target, coming from a corner, seem somewhat careless.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 26, 2017, 09:45:13 pm by DRFCMach2man »
You need to read some of their manager Adams' comments post the game - still speaks as though they are a different class to us and that today we were just not good enough to beat them - must have watched a different game to me !!!!!!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2017, 09:47:41 pm by GazLaz »
We were the better team. If anyone thinks differently they didn't watch the game.

Andy Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2017, 10:29:38 pm by Andy Smith »
Ooops just read my original post... sorry for the typing was rather drunk

Jon Sim

« Reply #5 on March 27, 2017, 04:05:17 am by Jon Sim »
You need to read some of their manager Adams' comments post the game - still speaks as though they are a different class to us and that today we were just not good enough to beat them - must have watched a different game to me !!!!!!

So you were good enough? Get your head out of your ass 0-1

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2017, 07:23:39 am by 1879Rovers »
You sometimes watch a game and you just know it is going to be one of those days. When Marquis and Coppinger both had good chances just before the break and then they scored with their first effort on target, the game was over because you could see we would never score if we played until next weekend. Sometimes it happens.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2017, 07:29:23 am by Avsuptem »
I doubt any neutral watching the match would think Plymouth deserved the points. Our keeper failed to save their one attempt at goal whereas Mc Cormack saved two from us of similar difficulty. On another day it could have been different. The tiniest of margins can change the outcome, all May had to do was get a body part on that cross into the goal mouth and it would have gone in, he could have kneed it or bummed it in but he did not quite connect. Sometimes these things are down to just pure bad luck on the day. Especially galling that it was Plymouth but that's football for you. DRFC are still the best side in league 2 and I doubt  this one result  will  stop us from being champions

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2017, 07:35:34 am by tommy toes »
I thought Lawlor could have done better with their goal. He's big enough to have tipped it over.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2017, 08:15:59 am by craigdrfc »
I was at the game with a neutral friend. He also felt keeper should have done better with the goal. Said he thought Donny were the better side though!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 27, 2017, 08:25:41 am by Filo »

So you were good enough? Get your head out of your ass 0-1

More than good enough, your child killer kept you in the game!

Well done, you got the double over us, but you're stll three points behind and a massivly inferior goal difference, you played the league leaders and raised your game, thats what happens when poorer teams play the best teams

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2017, 08:41:06 am by deebee »
He did get one thing right though they are a different class. We are first class where they are third class and that's being generous to their defenders.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 27, 2017, 08:45:13 am by The Red Baron »
Disappointed with losing but even more so to that lot. They think they are some sort of massive club. The sad thing is that we will have to put up with them in League One next season.

After this weekend I have no doubts that the current top three is going up.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 27, 2017, 08:57:20 am by drfchound »
My colleague at work who is a Man Utd fan went to the game on Sunday.
His neutral view is that we are a very good side, he especially like the way the midfield lads played.
Conor Grant got big praise from him.
He can see why we are top and was very impressed with our overall performance.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 27, 2017, 09:12:04 am by DaveDRFC »
In my opinion, only Newport have looked a poorer side than Plymouth at the Keepmoat this season. It was like watching a top vs bottom clash rather than the top 2 in the league. They came to defend and hope to nick a goal then sit back, which to be fair they did.

Before this weekend I had always said I wasn't that bothered about winning the league, promotion would do. After playing yesterday I am now desperate for us to win the title above that lot!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 27, 2017, 11:50:25 am by GazLaz »
I thought Lawlor could have done better with their goal. He's big enough to have tipped it over.

They said the header was unstoppable in the highlights. I tend to disagree.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 27, 2017, 08:29:52 pm by ravenrover »
Sat in a bar in Looe surrounded by Plymouth fans, the sly smiles at the end said they had sussed me. They were biting their nails all game as nervous as fook but great cheers at the end. Obviously their Cup Final. We were definitely the best team but 0-1 is what mattered. Kept saying to my missus what is with the long ball into the box 2nd half? We were creating everything down the sides 1st half but after they scored, poor marking I thought,  trying to break down a 10 man defence was always going to be difficult. Move on and beat Grimsby on Saturday will make my journey back home a little sweeter.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 28, 2017, 07:13:40 am by Filo »

They said the header was unstoppable in the highlights. I tend to disagree.

I've said in another thread, it was straight at him, the Plymouth keeper would have tipped it over the bar

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 28, 2017, 05:41:03 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Simply, they played the right tactics for an inferior team a long way from home. They were lucky, we were unlucky.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012