Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:01:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stevie Adams  (Read 2000 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Stevie Adams
« on March 26, 2017, 09:09:46 pm by roversdude »
Apologies if I missed it but did we (as in Rovers) ever do anything to mark the passing of Stevie

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: Stevie Adams
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2017, 09:52:38 pm by esdailles left foot »
Apparently the deceased Captain of Derry got more of a mention

ballysbackin

« Reply #2 on March 27, 2017, 09:55:25 pm by ballysbackin »
WEll my apologies in this matter but I do not know Stevie Adams, I would suspect he has passed away and if that is the case then I offer my Condolences to his family.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 28, 2017, 12:39:40 am by Drover »
Stevie Adams who played on the wing for us in early 90s late 80s???If so,I did'nt know he has died,thats sad to hear and my condolences to his family and friends.I liked him playing for us,enjoyed his skillful play.For some reason alot of other supporters did not rate as much.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 28, 2017, 06:55:27 am by roversdude »
Yes Drover
Bally sad as it was that he died, from what I can see there was no connection whatsoever (other than the global football family) with Derry captain
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:22:27 am by roversdude »

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 28, 2017, 08:06:08 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Steve Adams was not only a good player but also a top, top man. Always had plenty of time for the fans. If I remember rightly he went to play in the US for a while and wrote an article on his stateside adventures for the Raise the Roof fanzine.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2017, 08:51:34 am by roversontheup »
i don't really understand why we had a minutes silence for Derry. It's very sad that he died and I don't mean to appear cold and unfeeling but what connection did he have to Rovers?

Are we to have a minutes silence for every footballer that dies? I'm sorry if my opinion upsets anyone but I think there are too many of these events marked. I think they should be reserved for events of national distress or people related to our club.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 28, 2017, 08:58:53 am by Wild Rover »
i don't really understand why we had a minutes silence for Derry. It's very sad that he died and I don't mean to appear cold and unfeeling but what connection did he have to Rovers?

Are we to have a minutes silence for every footballer that dies? I'm sorry if my opinion upsets anyone but I think there are too many of these events marked. I think they should be reserved for events of national distress or people related to our club.

Was not the minutes silence for the Westminster victims.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2017, 09:06:33 am by drfchound »
The silence was because of the Westminster attack.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2017, 11:37:00 am by roversontheup »
Sorry I forgot it was a minutes applause on 27 minutes for Derry.  That said my point remains the same. Why have a minutes silence/applause because someone with no connection at all with our club has died?
 As I said in my first post I think it's correct that we followed the EFL directive and had a minutes silence for the Westminster victims.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2017, 01:07:33 pm by roversdude »
That's my point entirely guys
The minutes pre game silence completely correct
Minutes applause (without wanting to appear cold and heartless) I'm slightly at odds with
No mention of the passing of one of our former players is just wrong

TinyPortal © 2005-2012