Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:01:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 2063 times)

Donnyss

• Forum Member
Marquis
« on March 27, 2017, 09:54:22 am by Donnyss »
How many goals has he scored playing up front with williams this season compared playing with may. Just curious cos don't think they play well as a pair up front together

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2017, 10:23:43 am by Super Colin Cramb »
I have also noticed this, when May plays Marquis seem to drop deeper. At one point yesterday Marquis was crossing the ball opposed to being in the box.
I ain't saying May is a bad player but needs a pre-season for me.

ballysbackin

« Reply #2 on March 27, 2017, 10:27:09 am by ballysbackin »
Marquis has not had a consistent strike partner ALL season, we would have scored more goals and he personally I believe would have surpassed 30 by now. Williams ok till he got injured. Mandeville ok till he got injured, May although I like his guts and deytermination IMO he is not ready yet. But I could be wrong..This has to be addressed now if the club want the trophy

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2017, 10:35:19 am by NickDRFC »
I actually had a similar conversation with a mate yesterday wondering about it, just looked up the numbers now and Marquis has played up front with (starts only, ignoring subs on/off):

- Williams only - 18 games, 11 goals (0.61 goals per game)
- May only - 7 games, 5 goals (0.71 goals per game)
- Mandeville only - 5 games, 2 goals (0.4 goals per game)
- Mandeville & Williams - 3 games, 0 goals (0 goals per game)
- Lone striker - 5 games, 5 goals (1 goal per game)

The lone striker could be argued as a bit misleading - 2 goals at Exeter came after Mandeville came off the bench.

ballysbackin

« Reply #4 on March 27, 2017, 10:44:25 am by ballysbackin »
What I meant was. He has carried the workload and has had to be scorer and deliverer, as yesterday somebody saying he was on the wings putting in centres for May. He has tried as Copps has and others to lay a goal on for Williams, Mc Sheffrey was the only one that was converted (Only just too) I know it is a team game but NOW with 7 games to go it has to be realised that May is not yet up to the mark, I agree, I say again that he is a good player but would have had more goals if he had not wanted that second touch several times, he has a good shot on him but it is not used enough IMO, yesterday one yard out and ball there for the taking. a perfect cross from Marquis who attacked from an almost impossible angle.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2017, 11:01:23 am by wing commander »
   Personally I think May isn't ready for the first team yet...He impressed in the first few games mainly because nobody knew his game and he personally was on a high utopia about playing league football...Now its settled down to week in week out pro football he is starting to show his inexperience at this level,and its time to go back on the bench...Williams is a much better option for us at the minute in the absence of Mandeville...Anybody heard whats the state of play with Liam..??

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2017, 11:18:12 am by Bentley Bullet »
May has very good positional sense and uses his pace to lose his marker. He's a real handful and I expect the floodgates to open once he scores.

I wouldn't bet against him getting one at Blundell park, and then being prolific for the remainder of the season.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2017, 11:27:32 am by Branton Rover »
My opinion Marquis plays his best stuff furthest forward with Mandeville playing deeper between the lines

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2017, 12:20:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
   Personally I think May isn't ready for the first team yet...He impressed in the first few games mainly because nobody knew his game and he personally was on a high utopia about playing league football...Now its settled down to week in week out pro football he is starting to show his inexperience at this level,and its time to go back on the bench...Williams is a much better option for us at the minute in the absence of Mandeville...Anybody heard whats the state of play with Liam..??

Fergie said yesterday Mandy injured his other leg now and is out for 3 week.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2017, 12:32:47 pm by wing commander »
  Jesus...Hardly worth risking him again then....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2017, 02:04:18 pm by IDM »
Agreed.. We have enough in the squad to finish the season off...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012