Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:01:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Efl player of the year nominations..  (Read 1270 times)

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
Efl player of the year nominations..
« on March 27, 2017, 05:21:15 pm by Mac the hooped man »
Copps, it's you John John,  and some pretender to the throne from Luton.     Must be John surely....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Efl player of the year nominations..
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2017, 05:31:10 pm by GazLaz »
Very lazy selections for me. Big John deserves it but not sure about Copps.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2017, 06:03:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Coppinger has scored 9 goals is it, and assisted 12/13. Of course he deserves it, it's not lazy at all to me.

Marquis should probably win it, he is our crown jewel and we are top of the league. Hope Billy Sharp wins the L1 award as well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2017, 06:41:58 pm by The Red Baron »
It's been amusing to hear the wailing from the West Country about the absence of Carey on the shortlist. However I think they have a point.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2017, 06:42:33 pm by GazLaz »
Rowe has been far better I think. More goals, 9 assists and a versatile player meaning changing systems during games is easier. Plus the fact he's just played better. Carey at Plymouth is unlucky to miss out as well. McCormick should have had a shout, best keeper in the league by a mile and possibly even Doyle at Pompey who's very good.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2017, 06:52:05 pm by RoversAlias »
True Rowe should be a contender, I feel Copps can have a bigger influence on games as an individual than Rowe can though, generally anyway.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2017, 07:40:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Copps for me. Captain who's led by example and aside from the goals and assists is the most gifted player in the division by a mile.

A great player for youngsters to aspire to and I'm sure EFL would recognise that.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2017, 07:42:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
On the showing on Saturday can't see how Carey as the influence in games like Rowe or even Copps. It was only a snapshot of the player but he never looked like contributing anything in the 10-0-0 system they played.

McCormack gave a good performance but with clinical finishing he still should have conceeded. Copps especially and Rowe should have increased their goals for column.

EFL nominations have been chosen so let's hope one of our players win. Also I hope in the following games we create the same number of clear cut chances and both players take them and the team who plays the better football win the league.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 07:48:51 pm by steve@dcfd »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2017, 07:57:41 pm by roversdude »
What happened Saturday? Lol

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2017, 10:32:54 am by bobjimwilly »
Got to be Marquis from that 3 (sorry Copps) :scarf:

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2017, 11:37:22 am by GazLaz »
On the showing on Saturday can't see how Carey as the influence in games like Rowe or even Copps. It was only a snapshot of the player but he never looked like contributing anything in the 10-0-0 system they played.

McCormack gave a good performance but with clinical finishing he still should have conceeded. Copps especially and Rowe should have increased their goals for column.

EFL nominations have been chosen so let's hope one of our players win. Also I hope in the following games we create the same number of clear cut chances and both players take them and the team who plays the better football win the league.

He won the game for them with a class corner straight on to the head of their set piece danger man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 28, 2017, 11:48:22 am by drfchound »
As i understand it, those nominations are made by managers of the 24 teams in the division but each manager can't pick one of his own players.
That in itself shows how highly regarded Copps is by the opposition (pro managers) and how well he has performed this season.
I think that Gaz is in the minority on this one by suggesting that Copps isn't worthy of his place in the nominations.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2017, 12:34:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
When you look back at all the goals we've scored this season, it's plain to see the influence of Copps either directly or indirectly.

In the games he missed, we struggled to string passes together although we managed to get some results.

Marquis has already acknowledged the contribution of other players to his goal tally. Marquis goals tally does stand out and could be worthy of recognition but from an all round contribution, I think Copps nicks it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012