Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:00:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WELL done DRFC Mother's Day  (Read 1899 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
WELL done DRFC Mother's Day
« on March 27, 2017, 08:31:50 pm by not on facebook »
Unless I need specs I can't see a thread on the mums that walked out with the rovers team on Sunday.

I don't think it was done at the scunny v bratford game,for sure the fa could not look beyond their beaks and do anything special at the England game on Sunday.

The jocks never did it for their home game nor the northern Irish against norway.

So it was good olde DRFC playing at the lowest level on Sunday that had the mind set to make something of Mother's Day which in turn can only bring good press to the club.

I saw it was mentioned in a national paper today and it also got a heads up on talk sport radio.

Rovers might not be pulling in massive crowds or on the tv week in week out ,but the club has history of showing it's doing its upmost to be intouch with its surroundings .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: WELL done DRFC Mother's Day
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2017, 08:49:24 pm by les@donr »
The marketing team have been slagged off in the past in not promoting the club better. Here they did something very simple and it paid off big time. Well done to all concerned. Perhaps for Easter give the kids an Easter egg hunt around the ground, with clues where to find them.

dn6red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2017, 10:09:20 pm by dn6red »
I was one of the Mums involved, it was amazing! Well done DRFC you made an old lady very happy!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2017, 10:34:45 pm by not on facebook »
Dn6red ,please give us an write up about your day at the KMS as Iam sure many out there would love to hear about it.

We never really see what goes on behind the scenes on any given match day.

Buzzberry

• Forum Member

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 28, 2017, 12:02:03 am by not on facebook »
That's what I read fella ,but the loons will hold that against you reading the daily mail ,so have this spare tin hat that I have .

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2017, 01:01:46 pm by RedJ »
It's a pretty good paper for sports. Anything else it's a total shit rag.

dn6red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 28, 2017, 02:13:17 pm by dn6red »
Was a fab afternoon, met in west stand reception with a glass of bubbly and had some photo's took as a group. Rovers supplied shirts to those who didn't have one. Had a full stadium tour, including home dressing room where we bumped into the lovely Tommy Rowe. Then met at the dugouts at 2.20pm and got in line to wait for the players, as they came back in from warming up we were all cheering and whooping and got asked to be a bit quieter as Sky were recording lol! Players then came back out and lined up with us and I was over the moon to be paired with John Marquis. All the players had a bunch of flowers to give us and I got a kiss on the cheek as well. Then we walked out onto the pitch with them, I personally felt like I'd won the lottery. I've been watching Rovers since being a child and it was like a dream come true, I always tell my family I can't die until I've seen us in the Premiership but Sunday was a very close second!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 28, 2017, 03:40:10 pm by not on facebook »
That's one of the bestest posts I have seen on her for ages dn6red

Sure our club is miles in front on some aspects

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 28, 2017, 05:39:59 pm by Superspy »
That's a brilliant post dn6red, it's great that the club could do this and make it so special for you!

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 29, 2017, 06:58:35 am by RTID!!! »
I have to say hats off to the club on this one

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 29, 2017, 10:17:24 pm by balbyrover »
Really good from the club and a nice little bit of recognition from the press too.
Well done Rovers.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 30, 2017, 12:34:46 am by LincsRover »
Was going to post this earlier but been away in Chantilly on business since Sunday night - my mum was one of the mums and she had an absolute ball (forgive the pun). I was able to join her on the stadium tour to take photo's and all the mums were great. I worried for Tommy Rowe when he walked into the dressing room and sat down - if he'd started to get changed he'd never have escaped alive, he'd have been ripped apart! She walked out with Alfie May, which she loved as he didn't make her look too small! She was even provided with a home shirt which was a lovely touch. Fantastic atmosphere and all the players and staff were great with them, posing for photo's and generally making them feel really important.

Great day which my mum will remember for the rest of her life and a great initiative from DRFC.

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012