Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:48:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pre Grimsby Thoughts  (Read 5750 times)

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
Pre Grimsby Thoughts
« on March 28, 2017, 07:00:41 pm by RTID!!! »
What ar your pre grimsby thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Pre Grimsby Thoughts
« Reply #1 on March 28, 2017, 07:01:51 pm by glosterred »
Should I put the kettle on and have a cuppa

COYR

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 28, 2017, 07:06:38 pm by drfchound »
Can we bounce back from Sunday with a victory.
Hopefully the nerves won't kick in for the players now the gap between us and second is trimmed to three points.
I would love to see a solid confident performance leading to a win.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 28, 2017, 08:33:26 pm by CJK »
RTID!!! - Do you have any thoughts on anything? I'm interested to know what you think for a change.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 28, 2017, 08:56:44 pm by not on facebook »
With rovers having a early kick off,should donny win that weight of pressure will of a sudden transfer into plymouths laps against whoever
they play against at 15:00.

Iam going for a repeat score of a 0 > 1 win to donny.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 28, 2017, 09:33:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Accrington v Plymouth on sat.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 28, 2017, 09:34:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry wrong way round Plymouth are at home.

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2017, 06:55:10 am by RTID!!! »
I think we will have a shaky first 20 minutes but we will bounce back and dominate the rest of the game, scoring two or three goals.

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2017, 07:20:51 am by DRFCMach2man »
Grimsby will make it difficult for us and will probably be quite aggressive/physical. I feel it will be a tough game where we we have to grind out a result. I think one goal will settle it - from us. An early ko with a win will put the onus back on Plymouth who ko at 3. :rtid:

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 29, 2017, 01:35:24 pm by PopStander »
If we play like we did Sunday we will win 1-3.
Plymouth were a average keeper away from a loss.
I'm very confident for Saturday!!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 29, 2017, 03:19:13 pm by Rovers91 »
I think it could be a bit like Mansfield away and be 1-1, hope I'm wrong though and we get an early go and make it a bit more comfortable.

PopStander

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 29, 2017, 03:26:25 pm by PopStander »
Mansfield are a much better team than Grimsby. I would be disappointed with a draw

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2017, 03:33:46 pm by Rovers91 »
Mansfield are a much better team than Grimsby. I would be disappointed with a draw

They are now Evans has recruited, at the time we played them Grimsby were above them in table.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:38:41 pm by Rovers91 »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 30, 2017, 07:38:58 am by Alan Southstand »
Obviously all Rovers supporters are hoping for a win, but are we about to get the jitters? That's what is concerning me right now. We havn't (on paper) an easy game until the last match of the season - away at Hartlepool and we don't want to be sat biting our nails at that point.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 30, 2017, 08:05:31 am by IDM »
Why would we get the jitters??

3 top class saves and 2 sliding defender blocks prevented us from comfortably beating the second best team..

Not saying the games will be easy, but we are still in a very good place...

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on March 30, 2017, 11:26:29 am by ballysbackin »
Obviously all Rovers supporters are hoping for a win, but are we about to get the jitters? That's what is concerning me right now. We havn't (on paper) an easy game until the last match of the season - away at Hartlepool and we don't want to be sat biting our nails at that point.

I think Promotion will be sorted long before then. Last Saturday did not ease the Cause for the title but there are twists and turns to come

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 30, 2017, 11:30:12 am by drfchound »

We only see our side of things but it is a certainty that Plymouth and Portsmouth fans will be just as  nervous as we are.
Fourth place is nearer to them than us.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 30, 2017, 12:04:12 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Think we'll be fine Saturday, just need to start Williams and not May.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 30, 2017, 12:46:56 pm by The Red Baron »

I reckon we've got enough points for promotion now, but you're not seriously suggesting we're going to lose the next six, are you?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 30, 2017, 01:01:30 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'd have loved it if we'd have beat Plymouth, and gone on to win all of the rest of our games. But losing has added a bit of sweet spice to the end of the season, I'm enjoying it. It could also be said that it helps us towards next season, keeps everyone on their toes for what will be a challenging year in one way or another.

Hoping for a win, will be disappointed with a draw, and worried with a loss. I love footy!  :clapping:

DRFCMach2man

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 30, 2017, 02:52:45 pm by DRFCMach2man »
Grimsby will not want us celebrating our promotion on their pitch so I expect a really tough encounter. We have shown in the past we can grind out results and I have a feeling this game is going to be one of those. Fully expect a rovers win but it will be close and certainly not easy.

ballysbackin

« Reply #21 on March 30, 2017, 03:03:09 pm by ballysbackin »
I think we are just worried about the title, I do not see us blowing Promotion but Plymouth fans were suicidal when they got beat by Notts. Got a bit cocky this week, personally Pompey will stuff them at Fratton I believe, I think the 1. 2 3. is up to us to take, I really hope that it is not ckd up now. The forwards know what they did wrong last week, more so the defence know what they have not got to do..... Brutal it will be, lets see what blx the ref has.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 30, 2017, 06:47:34 pm by IDM »
Grimsby will not want us celebrating our promotion on their pitch so I expect a really tough encounter. We have shown in the past we can grind out results and I have a feeling this game is going to be one of those. Fully expect a rovers win but it will be close and certainly not easy.

That can't happen anyway..

We can in theory be promoted on Saturday but our game will be over before any of the others start..

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 31, 2017, 02:06:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I don't think the problem is whether May is selected or not it's more to do with the quality of chances we've provided of late. We haven't been quite as efficient of late in making as many chances that are almost certain goals. Yes we have still been creating and chances have been missed but there's no saying the form Williams has been in that he wouldn't have missed as well.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 31, 2017, 08:14:22 am by IDM »
There were at least 5 top class saves and last ditch sliding blocks against the second best team in the division.  In the 2 games before we scored 3 and 4 goals.

Not creating quality chances???

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 31, 2017, 08:34:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
We've got to speed up going forward. Our build up play often is too slow. We are a bit one-paced and need to vary it a bit more. Because of this, the opposition often has half a dozen players on the line by the time we have a shot.

Upping the pace going forward will enable us to shoot quicker and more often.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 31, 2017, 08:51:00 am by drfchound »
Yep, the way we play clearly hasn't been effective this season.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 31, 2017, 09:24:49 am by Filo »
I don't think the problem is whether May is selected or not it's more to do with the quality of chances we've provided of late. We haven't been quite as efficient of late in making as many chances that are almost certain goals. Yes we have still been creating and chances have been missed but there's no saying the form Williams has been in that he wouldn't have missed as well.

I think you need to watch the games, not creating quality chances?

What do you call quality chances? A tap in on the goal line?

The Plymouth keeper played a blinder, if it wasn't for him Plymouth would have suffered a heavey defeat

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 31, 2017, 09:36:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
Yep, the way we play clearly hasn't been effective this season.

Don't agree. We have been clearly effective this season, that's why we're top of the league. However, if, on occasions, we'd have been a bit quicker in our build up and had a few more shots from distance, our superiority would have shown us a dozen points clear of second place instead of just three.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 31, 2017, 09:40:38 am by Belle_Vue »
In the first half our movement in and around the box reminded me of watching Liverpool under Klopp.
Always players creating little spaces.

Under SOD we played wonderful football and got scared when we got to their box.

In the second half, they stopped us from playing. Packed the defence and made no spaces for us to get through

TinyPortal © 2005-2012