Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:35:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Title.  (Read 26321 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
The Title.
« on April 09, 2017, 12:21:30 am by les@donr »
According to the BBC we need a maximum of 8 points to clinch the title. Will be less if Plymouth drop points, and we win. They play Pompey on Friday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: The Title.
« Reply #1 on April 09, 2017, 12:24:33 am by RedJ »
If we win both games over Easter and Pompey beat them on Good Friday does that mean we can win it at home to Blackpool?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 09, 2017, 12:41:11 am by DonnyOsmond »
If we win both games over Easter and Pompey beat them on Good Friday does that mean we can win it at home to Blackpool?

If we win both games and they lose to Pompey - that puts us on 90, them still on 78, that leaves them needing 12 points from 4 games, so even if they win their Easter Monday game v Newport they'd have to beat us on goal difference which if those results happen we'd be around 20 goals better off. If they lost or drew v Newport then we'd be champions officially.

It's late so I hope that's right.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:51:12 am by DonnyOsmond »

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 09, 2017, 07:01:51 am by southwestexile »
We're playing some useful sides on the run in, expect a few twists and turns yet, I expect us to get the title......the Donny way

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 09, 2017, 07:11:02 am by Donnywolf »
Yeah that !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 09, 2017, 08:04:08 am by not on facebook »
Plymouth bas**rd argyle seem to be like the worst case of the flu ,as it seems that rovers just can't shake them off .

1 > 0 down at crawley and all was cushdy ,then it was 1 > 1 which is do able but in 90+4min up pops a Taylor and bags a 1 > 2 away win.

How many times have they done that this term?

If only rovers had put all their penaltys away this season ,but that's football for yers I guess.

So blackpool at home could be a party at KMS if I read things correct.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 09, 2017, 09:02:05 am by RedRover45 »
BBC are wrong then, we technically need 10 points for the title. 6 points clear with 15 available to Plymouth.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 09, 2017, 09:02:31 am by Donnywolf »
Plymouth bas**rd argyle seem to be like the worst case of the flu ,as it seems that rovers just can't shake them off .

1 > 0 down at crawley and all was cushdy ,then it was 1 > 1 which is do able but in 90+4min up pops a Taylor and bags a 1 > 2 away win.

How many times have they done that this term?

If only rovers had put all their penaltys away this season ,but that's football for yers I guess.

So blackpool at home could be a party at KMS if I read things correct.

No sweat ... Plymouth were fortunate to do us 1-0 but then could not do Accrington Stanley at home 6 days later.

I have no doubt we will be Champions. We may get the foot off the throttle / on the beach / job done cliches but I am sure we are good enough to prevail AND our Manger and the Players will want to prevail for their CV's and memories in the future

....and as they say with 6 Points lead with 5 to play (and currently in good form) I know which Team I would sooner be !

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 09, 2017, 09:03:25 am by RedJ »

If we win both games and they lose to Pompey - that puts us on 90, them still on 78, that leaves them needing 12 points from 4 games, so even if they win their Easter Monday game v Newport they'd have to beat us on goal difference which if those results happen we'd be around 20 goals better off. If they lost or drew v Newport then we'd be champions officially.

It's late so I hope that's right.

Newport are scrapping for their lives right now - unreal just how well they've done to claw their way back to within touching distance of safety. Hartlepool away could be a big one for the hosts at this rate...  so it'll be by no means a walkover for Plymouth.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 09, 2017, 09:07:19 am by Donnywolf »
BBC are wrong then, we technically need 10 points for the title. 6 points clear with 15 available to Plymouth.

I make it 9 Points

If PAFC win all 5 games (very unlikely) they will have 93 Points and an vastly inferior GD (16 adrift of us) . We already have 84 so 3 wins would put us on 93 and the GD wont be massively affected in each Teams 5 games (i.e. there WONT be a 16 goal swing) so we would win the Title with a GD of about 12 or 13
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 09:09:36 am by Donnywolf »

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 09, 2017, 10:47:32 am by RedRover45 »

I make it 9 Points

If PAFC win all 5 games (very unlikely) they will have 93 Points and an vastly inferior GD (16 adrift of us) . We already have 84 so 3 wins would put us on 93 and the GD wont be massively affected in each Teams 5 games (i.e. there WONT be a 16 goal swing) so we would win the Title with a GD of about 12 or 13

Still technically 10 though Wolfy as Plymouth in theory winning their 5 games 3 or 4 nil would wipe out their inferior goal difference and a couple of defeats for us could put them with a better one. Unlikely I know but.....

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 09, 2017, 11:02:59 am by IDM »
The bbc probably wrote 8 points before the end of the game where Plymouth won yesterday?

10 points now, is correct.  But as with the promotion target, this may come down.

We need Pompey to win on Friday.

Yes, if Plymouth lose then draw, and we win both the next two games, then we can be champions on Easter Monday.  But we have 5 games to get the points..

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 09, 2017, 11:07:07 am by not on facebook »
That Pompey v pilgrims game is on sky sports I think .

You just know that them in green/black will hit a last min winner since it's an away game .

On me holidays then so will watch it in a pub somewhere

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 09, 2017, 11:14:09 am by hoolahoop »
Twists and turns there may be but our name is all but inscribed on the trophy - job well done.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 09, 2017, 12:23:48 pm by balbyrover »
Hope Pompey beat Plymouth on Friday aswell. Its all in our hands though anyway. 
I think the top 3 is all but sorted anyway and i think Pompey might just nick second place. Behind us of course.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 09, 2017, 12:37:10 pm by Draytonian III »
I know someone who has a got a big bet riding on the champions of the 4 major leagues, wants them to finish as they stand now

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 09, 2017, 01:35:54 pm by GazLaz »
I know someone who has a got a big bet riding on the champions of the 4 major leagues, wants them to finish as they stand now

Some nice prices there. Brighton were a good call to finish above Newcastle. 7/4 Newcastle were at the start of the season, very short that.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 09, 2017, 04:16:47 pm by southwestexile »
Fergie' 4th promotion byt no titles to his name, he'll get the team up for the title, don't worry, and probably better for us that we're playing teams who will be trying to win

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 09, 2017, 04:28:03 pm by LincsRover »
Absolutely delighted and ecstatic about promotion and I'd have settled for that in august but my £50 on us at 10/1 to win the title is burning a hole in my pocket and am desperate for us to be champions! Hope it happens soon so I can relax in the legends bar v Exeter (last yrs ST promotion) and v Hartlepool. Come on boys,you know it makes sense!!

😎
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 06:34:21 pm by LincsRover »

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 09, 2017, 04:38:04 pm by Donnywolf »
Absolutely delighted and ecstatic about promotion and I'd have settled for that in august but my £50 on us at 10/1 to win the title is burning a hole in my pocket and am desperate for us to be champions! How it happens soon so I can relax in the legends bar v Exeter (last yrs ST promotion) and v Hartlepool. Come on boys,you know it makes sense!!

😎

Stitched on ... though I know that is easy for me to say !

Just to annoy me we will win all 5 and end up with 99 points and exactly 100 goals !

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 09, 2017, 05:30:46 pm by roversontheup »
Absolutely delighted and ecstatic about promotion and I'd have settled for that in august but my £50 on us at 10/1 to win the title is burning a hole in my pocket and am desperate for us to be champions! How it happens soon so I can relax in the legends bar v Exeter (last yrs ST promotion) and v Hartlepool. Come on boys,you know it makes sense!!

😎
Me too LR as I would happily let you buy me a drink in the Legends bar with your winnings😄

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2017, 05:53:52 pm by donnygeoff »
Yes depending on Fridays results, Easter Monday could be very exciting. We could win the title outright or jay needing a point to nullify the goal difference scenario.  Let's hope Pompey win and  us of course and see where it takes us. happy times

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2017, 06:03:07 pm by Mac the hooped man »
We technically dont need any points  due to being ahead. Plymouth could lose all 5 games...

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2017, 06:32:07 pm by LincsRover »

😎
Me too LR as I would happily let you buy me a drink in the Legends bar with your winnings😄

And I will happily buy if/when we do it!!  :clapping:

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2017, 08:17:23 pm by les@donr »
Plymouth play better away, so its not inconsiderable that they scarp a draw at Pompey and lose at home to Newport. They have lost at home to Leyton Orient and Notts County this season. I can't see them catching us.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2017, 09:07:05 am by tommy toes »
Absolutely delighted and ecstatic about promotion and I'd have settled for that in august but my £50 on us at 10/1 to win the title is burning a hole in my pocket and am desperate for us to be champions! Hope it happens soon so I can relax in the legends bar v Exeter (last yrs ST promotion) and v Hartlepool. Come on boys,you know it makes sense!!

I know it goes against the grain but why don't you open a betfair account and LAY the Rovers to lose the title for £500. It won't cost much as we are very long odds on.
In 2003 I had £20 EW on us at 33/1. Near the end of the season I backed Hull to win the same amount so I could relax for the last 3 games.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2017, 09:12:59 am by tommy toes »
Just checked betfair. To win £500 should Rovers lose the title would cost £35 at the current odds of 1.07.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2017, 09:15:12 am by GazLaz »
About 1/12 on the machine I think. I stand to win plenty if we win the league. I'll take my chance and let it run. Plymouth just seem so inconsistent. If they were flying I might have thought differently. 

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2017, 03:33:33 pm by les@donr »
It's ours to lose.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2017, 10:45:31 pm by LincsRover »
Just checked betfair. To win £500 should Rovers lose the title would cost £35 at the current odds of 1.07.

Weakened and had £25 on Plymouth at 20/1 with sky bet - unless Pompey do us both I'm guaranteed £500 winnings (minus stakes of course). Mixed feelings really, as I don't like betting against us, but bit of a no-brainer really to guarantee (nearly) a good win and didn't cost too much to guarantee it!

Now it's just for the pride! Come on rovers!!!!!  :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012