Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:06:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Retained List  (Read 14082 times)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Retained List
« Reply #90 on April 25, 2017, 06:20:38 pm by roversdude »
Etheridge has played in 2 promotion (possibly title) winning sides this year - for anyone who hasn't seen him cv must look good

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on April 25, 2017, 08:29:16 pm by Belle_Vue »
Etheridge could still come good.

However I think both parties need a fresh start on that one

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on April 25, 2017, 08:30:22 pm by Belle_Vue »
Etheridge could still come good.

However I think both parties need a fresh start on that one

I would rather see Marosi stay and compete for No.1 with Lawlor

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on April 25, 2017, 08:41:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Etheridge looks like he has fragile confidence so could probably do with a fresh set of fans now.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on April 25, 2017, 09:07:28 pm by roversdude »
I agree it's a shame it never worked out for him at Rovers, we obviously saw something in order to sign him

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on April 25, 2017, 10:02:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Why would people release Pugh?!
Because he is so far back in the pecking order. He will not get on the bench next season.

Then loan him out so he can develop.
You can't keep players forever and keep sending them out on loan. There is a point where you have to make a decision on a players future.

He's only been a pro this year. You're making it sound like he's been on loan several times. At the moment he's been on loan for his first season in the professional game just like Mandeville was and he's played more games and scored more goals than Mandeville did. But yeah, release a player you've never seen play.
Well I have seen him play and I know quite a lot about him from my step son as he has been coaching  in the academy for many years.
My opinion is that it would be in the best interest of the player to move on to another club so his development can continue.
He is not going to progress at Rovers now as there is, Marquis, Williams, Mandeville, and May all ahead of him and every likelihood that DF will bring in another striker in the summer.
My opinion of course and you are entitled to yours of course.
Football is all about opinions and we should all respect other people's even if we think they are wrong.

ballysbackin

« Reply #96 on April 26, 2017, 03:15:41 pm by ballysbackin »
Etheridge looks like he has fragile confidence so could probably do with a fresh set of fans now.

This is similar to Marosi for the first year or two, I know he has been offered a new contract which I thought he had actually accepted but it appears not, so if he is disgruntled as Lawlor seems to be first choice, will he go and will the keeper coaching staff worked overtime with Etheridge. I don't know

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on April 26, 2017, 03:26:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Because he is so far back in the pecking order. He will not get on the bench next season.

You can't keep players forever and keep sending them out on loan. There is a point where you have to make a decision on a players future.

He's only been a pro this year. You're making it sound like he's been on loan several times. At the moment he's been on loan for his first season in the professional game just like Mandeville was and he's played more games and scored more goals than Mandeville did. But yeah, release a player you've never seen play.
Well I have seen him play and I know quite a lot about him from my step son as he has been coaching  in the academy for many years.
My opinion is that it would be in the best interest of the player to move on to another club so his development can continue.
He is not going to progress at Rovers now as there is, Marquis, Williams, Mandeville, and May all ahead of him and every likelihood that DF will bring in another striker in the summer.
Football is all about opinions and we should all respect other people's even if we think they are wrong.

Fair enough. I don't have an opinion on him because I've only seen him in a friendly and he might be shit but I can't understand why anyone would get rid of someone they don't know about. Fair enough if you have seen him though.

ballysbackin

« Reply #98 on April 26, 2017, 03:54:45 pm by ballysbackin »

Destroyed by The lot behind his goals, maybe the same people who have had a go at Lawlor.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on April 26, 2017, 04:49:52 pm by RedJ »
He didn't exactly come across as a confident lad in his interview when he signed.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on April 28, 2017, 08:58:15 pm by boro_rover »
He is a young kid and is in a new town with new faces and seems to be shy. We are not a big club, but we are bigger than Accrington. He will have felt pressure and after a bad start he will have had his confidence rocked. I still think he could do a job, but at the same time Lawlor is alreadymy h better so a move may suit him.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on April 28, 2017, 09:05:24 pm by GazLaz »
Etheridge is 22 years old. Old enough to have a pair of b*llocks.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on April 28, 2017, 09:18:47 pm by Campsall rover »

Fair enough. I don't have an opinion on him because I've only seen him in a friendly and he might be shit but I can't understand why anyone would get rid of someone they don't know about. Fair enough if you have seen him though.
I am not saying Pugh isn't any good, on the contrary when I have seen him I have been fairly impressed.
The point I am making is that he so far back in the pecking order now at Rovers that it would be in his own interest to move on to give his career a chance.
From Rovers point of view you can't hang on to players that are not going to get a first team opportunity as they are taking up some of the playing budget.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on April 28, 2017, 09:50:44 pm by rich1471 »

I am not saying Pugh isn't any good, on the contrary when I have seen him I have been fairly impressed.
The point I am making is that he so far back in the pecking order now at Rovers that it would be in his own interest to move on to give his career a chance.
From Rovers point of view you can't hang on to players that are not going to get a first team opportunity as they are taking up some of the playing budget.

if rovers think he is good enough and will make it as a pro then loan him out for the season to a league 2 or conference club and let the lad play games and see how he develops

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on April 29, 2017, 07:49:23 am by phil old leake »
I wouldn't blame Morosi for being a bit tentative about signing.  I don't think that DF sees him in competition with Lawlor I think he sees him as his number 2. I personally think it should be the other way around. 

ballysbackin

« Reply #105 on April 29, 2017, 08:12:10 am by ballysbackin »
Good Article on Houghton's likely return in DFP, initially on loan due to the injury then possibly Permanent.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on April 29, 2017, 08:36:37 am by drfchound »
I wouldn't blame Morosi for being a bit tentative about signing.  I don't think that DF sees him in competition with Lawlor I think he sees him as his number 2. I personally think it should be the other way around.

I am not sure which of Marosi or Lawlor is the better keeper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012