Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Little boy blue. Tonight itv1 9pm  (Read 13805 times)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Little boy blue. Tonight itv1 9pm
« on April 24, 2017, 06:30:27 pm by balbyrover »
New drama tonight based on the shooting of Rhys Jones by Sean Mercer.
Looks like it will be interesting

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Little boy blue. Tonight itv1 9pm
« Reply #1 on April 24, 2017, 06:41:56 pm by not on facebook »
Thanks for that ,that will stop me having to watch the barcodes vs preston nob end .

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 24, 2017, 09:52:07 pm by not on facebook »
Don't know if this bit actually happened ,but the part where the mother is kissing and stroking her dead sons head as he under the Everton flag in the hospital or wherever it is .

Then the police women warns the poor mother that she will be arrested if she don't stop touching the evidence.

Please don't tell me this is true

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 24, 2017, 10:18:08 pm by not on facebook »
It carrys on next Monday .

You must think of the poor family after this boys dreadfull death.

I don't think I would have the strength to allow a tv production to be made about the events of their loss.they certainly have a lot more than what I have as a human .

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 25, 2017, 08:25:36 am by balbyrover »
It really was heartbreaking,I could never imagine having to go through something like the family has and like you say,so strong to allow a tv drama to be based on it.

Mercer is a w**ker, he showed no signs of remorse for what he did and is still a scumbag behind bars, stabbed a fellow prisoner with a pair of tweezers recently.. He won't change.  Waste of oxygen should have been hung.

Hope some of the members of that gangs are watching and can see what they caused,and the heartbreak that Rhys Jones family have gone through... all because they thought they were the top dogs on the streets.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 25, 2017, 10:09:59 am by not on facebook »
Thanks for that bally1950  the bit where what I think was a policewomen stopping the mother from touching her dead son because of ' evidencd ' and threatened the mother with arrest > really hit a nerve with me.

I like to think it's not true and if I was placed in the same situation wild horses would not have held me back ,arrest or no arrest.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 25, 2017, 11:47:00 am by Syme »
What have you got against Scousers?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 25, 2017, 12:11:32 pm by not on facebook »
In my day they was known for carrying blades and not just a normall blade where a slice down your face could be repaired to some extent.

The scouse lads would tape two Stanley blades together and any chance of your face getting fixed up back to normall after one of those attacks was impossible.

Recall getting chased by shit loads of them after a york v lpool facup game.i dived under a parked car just before they come round the corner as they all stood about within eye and ear shot.

All I could see was untold bleached jeans with various adidas trainers as they shouted out ' when we catch the Yorkshire bas**rd we will cut him'

Please god if I get out of this I will never go to the footy again.

Must have stayed under that car for 30 mins after they moved on.dragged myself out and straight to york station for next train back to donny where I meet up with rest of donny lads.

Then the scouse mob that had been on our tails sometime previous approached us on york station and told us how lucky I was as few of them flashed their blades.

Hate to think what type of mess i could have been in

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 25, 2017, 12:26:55 pm by Syme »
Whilst that's fascinating, that's not really scousers is it, that's hooligans. Bally1950 seems to have a chip on his shoulders about scousers, just wondering where that comes from. I know you like answering his questions for him, but perhaps he'll offer some insight of his own. His Hillsborough comment is particularly interesting.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 25, 2017, 12:34:22 pm by not on facebook »
I answered the question from my point of view and experience only
fella ,in hope it keeps the thread turning over .

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 25, 2017, 01:07:37 pm by Mike_F »
One of Mrs. F's mates is a scouser (living in Donny for well over a decade) and although she's a nice lass with whom I get on well enough the old stereotype is very true. The emotion is always turned up to eleven and there's always some sort of drama in her family. It's a guessing game from one week to the next whether she'll say "I'll never speak to my dad again, he's a heartless, evil bas**rd" or ""I'm so glad my dad's the way he is, because my boys will learn to never let anyone push them around."

She could start a fight in an empty room and goes from raging anger to a sobbing mess about nineteen times an hour. Every wall of her house is covered in family photos and those godawful stencils that say things like "A house is made of bricks and tiles but a family's made of love and smiles" and other such sentimental b*llocks.

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #11 on April 25, 2017, 01:56:13 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
I went to Liverpool Uni in the late 70s, loved the place, the working class culture, the pub on every Street corner, the humour, two football clubs, two cathedrals etc etc

Then my car was broken into and stripped of parts.

Then walking home from the pub one night a big gang was beating up a lad on the floor. My mate said something (mistake) and soon they were beating him up and kicking me out of the way.

A few weeks later I was beaten up by a middle aged thug in a fish and chip shop.

I left Liverpool and came back home but went back to visit a friend there.

We went to an Everton game (the people's team) and after the game was asked what the time was by a young lad.

On detecting a Yorkshire accent we were soon being chased by a feral mob of teenaged hooligans and I, as a peace loving guy, also found myself hiding under a car.

And then there were the riots in Toxteth.

And then as a result of vile crimes committed by it's own citizens it turned itself into the world capital of self pity.

Having said that, the waterfront is nice now.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 25, 2017, 02:06:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It really was heartbreaking,I could never imagine having to go through something like the family has and like you say,so strong to allow a tv drama to be based on it.

Mercer is a w**ker, he showed no signs of remorse for what he did and is still a scumbag behind bars, stabbed a fellow prisoner with a pair of tweezers recently.. He won't change.  Waste of oxygen should have been hung.

Hope some of the members of that gangs are watching and can see what they caused,and the heartbreak that Rhys Jones family have gone through... all because they thought they were the top dogs on the streets.

I heard from an extremely reliable source that after his conviction he spent some time in Doncaster prison and had as bad a time as you can imagine in prison. 

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 25, 2017, 02:08:31 pm by Syme »
I've never understood this self pity line about Liverpool. Against a back drop of Hillsborough I'd say they have ever right to feel somewhat aggrieved.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 25, 2017, 02:14:02 pm by Mike_F »
Yes, Hillsborough was a tragedy and the cover-up was a disgrace. I think you'd be hard-pushed to find anyone who doesn't agree that they have a right to feel aggrieved about that.

I'm not old enough to remember Liverpool before Hillsborough but I'd be surprised if there wasn't already an underlying culture of exaggerated emotion in the place.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 25, 2017, 02:15:20 pm by Syme »
Tricky thing to measure.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 25, 2017, 02:23:33 pm by Mike_F »
Tricky thing to measure.

Yes it is.

If Hillsborough hadn't happened I don't think the wife's mate (and her entire family) would be any different though.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 25, 2017, 02:28:14 pm by GazLaz »
One of Mrs. F's mates is a scouser (living in Donny for well over a decade) and although she's a nice lass with whom I get on well enough the old stereotype is very true. The emotion is always turned up to eleven and there's always some sort of drama in her family. It's a guessing game from one week to the next whether she'll say "I'll never speak to my dad again, he's a heartless, evil bas**rd" or ""I'm so glad my dad's the way he is, because my boys will learn to never let anyone push them around."

She could start a fight in an empty room and goes from raging anger to a sobbing mess about nineteen times an hour. Every wall of her house is covered in family photos and those godawful stencils that say things like "A house is made of bricks and tiles but a family's made of love and smiles" and other such sentimental b*llocks.

I call that peasant mentality.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 25, 2017, 02:28:44 pm by Syme »

Hillsboro. and Heyshell (if that is how you spell it) Poor Scouse victims.

But scousers were victims at Hillsborough. Victims of the police.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 25, 2017, 02:32:26 pm by Syme »
But they were the ones who pushed at the gates and they were the ones that ran down the tunnel, not the Police, Not the Government nobody else but them.

Whose job was it to manage the crowd that day and to close the tunnel when the central pens were full?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 25, 2017, 02:44:20 pm by Syme »
You're basically stating that you disagree with a comprehensive review of all the evidence which absolved Liverpool fans of any blame, based on nothing more than the fact you had some coins thrown at you once.

You can't educate pork.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 25, 2017, 05:09:10 pm by not on facebook »
Whilst that's fascinating, that's not really scousers is it, that's hooligans. Bally1950 seems to have a chip on his shoulders about scousers, just wondering where that comes from. I know you like answering his questions for him, but perhaps he'll offer some insight of his own. His Hillsborough comment is particularly interesting.

Read the post again syme as it was only SCOUSE lads that spent the time to wrapped two Stanley blades together and stripe you in the face knowing that two blades tapped together makes a complete mess of your face inrespect of the normall one blade.

It was a scouse trade mark fella.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 25, 2017, 07:08:51 pm by Syme »
Are you expecting criminal proceedings to be issued against Liverpool fans?

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 25, 2017, 08:42:57 pm by RedRover45 »
Wonder if Italians think there was some higher karma after what happened the year before at Heysel.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 25, 2017, 08:47:13 pm by balbyrover »
Think a good thread is on its way to being ruined here. End of the day you get scum in all walks of life regardless of race,religion or where they're born.

Theres good scousers;there is scum Scousers.
Theres good yorkies,there is scum yorkies.
Etc,etc.

No point squabbling over facts.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 25, 2017, 08:48:39 pm by not on facebook »
That event at heysel ,this will upset some but the mind set of the a few scousers that day was payback for when they played juventus in a European away fixture  the season before where untold lpool fans got stabbed.

Then officials at LFC to pass the blame onto  a group Chelsea NF that was present at heysel in their eyes and minds.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 26, 2017, 11:49:59 am by Syme »
Are you expecting criminal proceedings to be issued against Liverpool fans?

That is up to the CPS - Read what I said again..

I asked your expectations, I didn't ask what the CPS is doing.

However, if the CPS don't prosecute any Liverpool fans, would you then accept they were not to blame?

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 26, 2017, 12:49:47 pm by Syme »
I haven't seen anyone pointing fingers at bobbies - what I have seen is you blaming the victims for their own demise.

I think the evidence presented to date has been pretty clear in its findings. A catastrophic failure in crowd management by the police caused the deaths of 96 innocent people. And the responsibility for crowd management falls with those at the top, not those on the ground.

For you to start churning out words like "mob" does nothing but attempt to shift the blame from those who are culpable to those who are not. If, and when, there are no prosecutions of Liverpool fans by the CPS, I would hope you would accept that 'Scousers' were the victims that day.

But I don't expect you will, because you seem to think you personally know more than an inquest which lasted 2 years.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 26, 2017, 03:21:51 pm by Syme »
Before I read any more....Your first line is bang out of order and if you check the many posts I have made on Liverpool fans at Hillsboro  NOT ONCE HAVE I BLAMED THE LIVERPOOL FANS FOR THEIR OWN DEATHS.  Now you really must not go jumping to conclusions. I shall now read the rest.

Of course you haven't...

Hillsboro. and Heyshell (if that is how you spell it) Poor Scouse victims.

Syme

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 26, 2017, 03:57:45 pm by Syme »
I thick I am done here

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Your ignorance to the facts is quite frankly disgusting.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012