Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:00:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Realistic expectations for next season.  (Read 8732 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Realistic expectations for next season.
« Reply #60 on May 08, 2017, 11:53:25 pm by RedJ »
To be honest I've tried to block out most of last season.

After beating Crewe in stoppage time in mid December we won two more games, not exactly a great deal better is it?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:57:45 pm by RedJ »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 08, 2017, 11:57:47 pm by RoversAlias »
That's a fair point actually  :lol:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 09, 2017, 07:54:27 am by dickos1 »

After beating Crewe in stoppage time in mid December we won two more games, not exactly a great deal better is it?

We won 4 actually, but don't let the facts spoil a good old moan

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 09, 2017, 08:40:39 am by Campsall rover »
Can't make any realistic expectations until we see who the new signings are and the strength of the squad.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 09, 2017, 09:55:31 am by mjg »
Anything above the bottom 4

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 09, 2017, 01:47:24 pm by IDM »
I expect us to be competitive on the field, in as many games as possible..

Of course, so will the opposition so we may not get the results every time, but if we are confident and compete, then results will eventually follow.

Notwithstanding the last 5 games, we enter league 1 going up, not coming down.  Fergie is being ruthless with the release list, so he must have a good set of transfer targets lined up.

I want to see us entertain and score, win more than we lose.  I don't expect promotion/play offs but will be happy if we give it a good go.

To be honest, that's my expectation every season. 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 09, 2017, 02:52:45 pm by RedJ »

Excuse me for miscounting something at near midnight.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 09, 2017, 07:09:54 pm by drfchound »

Wow, we won 4 games between December and the end of the season and that isn't considered to be a collapse.

The difference RedJ between the likes of you and me (people who don't take losing lightly) and the happy clappers(the likes of dickos) is that the clappers are happy to accept poor performances and try to find reasons why it is ok to let good opportunities pass by.
A bit like a politician trying to put a positive spin on an overwhelming defeat in an election.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 09, 2017, 10:54:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
Second half of last season was total dogshit. We didn't win for 17 games and lost 13 of them with at one point I think 7 straight defeats.

Whether he and they pulled their fingers out their arses long enough to turn up at the end of the season and dribble a few points once we were already down then ok, let's break out the Krug lads. It was cack last season and nobody who witnessed that sack of shit opened up on supporters away at Colchester last season cannot sway me from believing that run and the abject performances during the run mean that Ferguson is an extremely lucky man to have as generous a board as we have.

They might have expected a little more this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 09, 2017, 11:02:17 pm by dickos1 »

Wow, we won 4 games between December and the end of the season and that isn't considered to be a collapse.

The difference RedJ between the likes of you and me (people who don't take losing lightly) and the happy clappers(the likes of dickos) is that the clappers are happy to accept poor performances and try to find reasons why it is ok to let good opportunities pass by.
A bit like a politician trying to put a positive spin on an overwhelming defeat in an election.

Get a grip, you're jumping on everything I post.
Never did I suggest 4 games wasn't a collapse,

I think the difference between me and you is you will always be unhappy unless you find something to complain about. Always looking for the negative in everything.

I'm delighted we finished 3rd, if that makes me a happy clapper, so be it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 10, 2017, 02:42:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I want boom or bust none of that mid-table boring season lark either we go up or are in with a shout or we battle against relegation. I don't expect anything i hope we can get to the play-offs but it depends if we get the right ones in.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 10, 2017, 08:16:15 am by Jonathan »
I want boom or bust none of that mid-table boring season lark either we go up or are in with a shout or we battle against relegation. I don't expect anything i hope we can get to the play-offs but it depends if we get the right ones in.

I'm not quite sure how one would go about sacrificing the aim of consolidation by going all out for promotion and thus increasing the likelihood of getting relegated if we miss out?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 10, 2017, 08:50:15 am by drfchound »

Get a grip, you're jumping on everything I post.
Never did I suggest 4 games wasn't a collapse,

I think the difference between me and you is you will always be unhappy unless you find something to complain about. Always looking for the negative in everything.

I'm delighted we finished 3rd, if that makes me a happy clapper, so be it.

I make lots of positive posts dickos.
What i cant abide though is accepting poor outcomes from very good situations, unlike you apparently.
How you can be happy at finishing third after those last five games is beyond belief really.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 10, 2017, 07:06:49 pm by dickos1 »
Im happy we're promoted, and I would have taken it however it came, playoffs, winning the title. I'm not that bothered to be honest.
We just needed to be promoted, Portsmouth have been stuck here for 3-4 years and we've gone straight back up.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 10, 2017, 09:37:58 pm by DearneValleyRover »
At the moment not getting relegated however a more realistic opinion can be given once we know the squad we have got.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012