Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:52:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who's fault?

Ferguson - tinkering with team selections and tactics.
23 (21.9%)
The players - Getting promoted and thinking it was job done.  They've been on the beach since Mansfield.
20 (19%)
Both of the above
57 (54.3%)
It was just a tough run of fixtures
5 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: May 12, 2017, 10:43:46 am

Author Topic: Who's fault is the last few games?  (Read 8842 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Who's fault is the last few games?
« Reply #60 on May 08, 2017, 08:46:04 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying it's fine. But the arguement came up with Dickov and it came up with Ferguson.
"They got us relegated from a great position" like it's a bad thing they got us into that great position, like it would be ok if we'd been shit all season,

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 08, 2017, 08:48:04 pm by RedJ »
But it means the square root of f**k all getting into a position if you're going to blow it. He blew safety last year in the most horrific manner, and he's completely blown the title race this season. But it's fine cos he managed to get us up to 11th before we collapsed...

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 08, 2017, 08:51:16 pm by drfchound »
RedJ, don't bother mate, really.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on May 08, 2017, 09:29:17 pm by dickos1 »
Yeah, just carry on moaning about your club being promoted

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 08, 2017, 09:32:54 pm by drfchound »
Yeah, just carry on moaning about your club being promoted

Just to put this to bed and you in a position where you understand what we are saying, we are happy with getting promoted but not happy at squandering a title winning opportunity.
Now let that sink in before coming back with more twaddle.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on May 08, 2017, 09:45:57 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is happy at squandering the title, but most rationale supporters aren't acting like silly little kids blaming it on all sorts of nonsense.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 08, 2017, 10:27:25 pm by RedJ »
And saying "look he got us to 11th" before going on a losing streak of 17 before getting us relegated is obviously rational...

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 08, 2017, 10:50:08 pm by ZiggerZagger »
Can't really say want I want to say on here as it won't get published.

I've backed Fergie after last season's demise, and all through this season but, WTF was that. Nobody else to blame but him. I didn't put a forecast on the DPL page as I couldn't put us down for a defeat, as I new it was coming. These players need to look at themselves and apologise to the fans for letting them down big style.

Fergies substitutions in those games have left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth.

We needed a couple of players for next season, after the last few games I belive we need around 5/6.

As for signing Mason, I can only see him as a bit player. He cannot defend to save his life, he's had a couple of decent displays in holding midfield until it got a bit physical. That role is for big Mac and Houghton. We desperately need a left back a big commanding C/B. How we need somebody in the middle who can tackle as we've been over run far to many times this season.

I hope he gets us the players he needs to get us in the top half of the table and so the fans can have some faith in him.

PS.
I HAD CHELSEA. NEWCASTLE. SHEFFIELD UNITED. LINCOLN. CELTIC and US to win their leagues. Didn't want to pay my mortgage off anyway.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 08, 2017, 10:53:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
I tell you what about Ferguson. There is not a single player in that side with any genuine pace. Very rare these days you see teams get promoted without at least a touch of pace here and there. Queues at Centreplate kiosks move quicker than nigh on all our players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on May 08, 2017, 10:59:33 pm by dickos1 »
And saying "look he got us to 11th" before going on a losing streak of 17 before getting us relegated is obviously rational...

I've never said that,
Just pointed out the argument "he got us relegated from such a good position" is a daft one.
I've never said the sentence you've quoted

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on May 08, 2017, 11:00:18 pm by dickos1 »
I tell you what about Ferguson. There is not a single player in that side with any genuine pace. Very rare these days you see teams get promoted without at least a touch of pace here and there. Queues at Centreplate kiosks move quicker than nigh on all our players.

Marty Blair!!
One of the fastest players I've seen in a rovers shirt

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 08, 2017, 11:03:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Often struggles to get behind full back. Exeter was case in point. Not saying he is bad player at all, but he doesn't have genuine pace in way someone like Tyson did.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 08, 2017, 11:06:11 pm by dickos1 »
He's being played full back though, there's been many games this season when he's played further upfield where he's destroyed full backs with his pace.
The late winner v Barnet being a case in point

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 08, 2017, 11:26:21 pm by RedJ »

I've never said that,
Just pointed out the argument "he got us relegated from such a good position" is a daft one.
I've never said the sentence you've quoted

That's what you implied. That he must be good because he got us to 11th. Despite the fact that the team fell apart for reasons everyone but him could see.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 09, 2017, 07:13:33 am by idler »
At the end of the day Fergie admitted that he stubbornly continued with a system that wasn't working. With hindsight given the chance he would have changed it.
When the dust has settled I'm sure that he will look back on these last five games the same way.
What's done is done, we should just learn from it and move on.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 09, 2017, 07:34:22 am by Chris Black come back »
You make a good point Idler but sadly he seemed to have learned nothing from the collapse at the end of last season. Let us all hope that it is third time lucky next season and we don't spend the last half dozen games staring at the clouds.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 09, 2017, 07:51:08 am by dickos1 »
You make a good point Idler but sadly he seemed to have learned nothing from the collapse at the end of last season. Let us all hope that it is third time lucky next season and we don't spend the last half dozen games staring at the clouds.

The collapse wasn't at the end of last season. It was halfway through the season. The last 5 or 6 games were good.
All be it too late, but people keep saying two years on the trot the last 5/6 games have been terrible which simply isn't the case

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on May 09, 2017, 07:54:19 am by Jonathan »

I haven't read back through, but taking that point I assume there's a disagreement over the fact that I think we won two and drew two of our last five games last season, thus essentially arresting the slump that preceded it. The good form kind of followed into the first 41 games of this season, before a very frustrating capitulation. Had we ended this season anything like the way we ended last season (looking purely at the snapshot people are rightly upset about) we would be champions.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on May 09, 2017, 07:55:22 am by dickos1 »
Exactly Jonathan
People are re-writing history just to prove their points

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on May 09, 2017, 10:56:19 am by idler »

I haven't read back through, but taking that point I assume there's a disagreement over the fact that I think we won two and drew two of our last five games last season, thus essentially arresting the slump that preceded it. The good form kind of followed into the first 41 games of this season, before a very frustrating capitulation. Had we ended this season anything like the way we ended last season (looking purely at the snapshot people are rightly upset about) we would be champions.
OK, he changed the system to late by his own admission. He said that he didn't have the players to play the system that he wanted and was trying to play. This made it all the more galling when finally after changing to a back four we improved.
It is history now but hopefully his stubbornness will be a thing of the past.
It's great to be promoted but the icing was well and truly taken off the cake in our last five games. I feel that our players had enough confidence and ability which somehow made it harder for them rather than easier. We had better players in those games but a worse team than the opposition.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on May 09, 2017, 01:00:53 pm by Not Now Kato »

If.

If you can keep your head when players about you   
    Are losing theirs and blaming it all on you,   
If you can trust yourself when your supporters doubt you,
    But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can dream of success—and work to make your dreams come true;   
    And think 'win' even when you're down—and strive to see your thoughts through;   
If you can know you've given everything when the final whistle blew;
    Yet aim to give even more next game, no more can be asked of you;

If you can fill each unforgiving minute of the ninety;
    With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,   
Yours is the Game, and everything that’s in it,   
    And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

with apologies to Rudyard Kipling.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on May 09, 2017, 07:50:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Stubbornness is an innate characteristic, let me tell you...

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 10, 2017, 02:59:11 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Arrogance cost us last season and this with the manager. He talks a good game and says he will learn from his mistakes in my opinion to learn from mistakes you firstly have to believe you made one in the first place-i don't think he blames himself for anything so hasn't learned a thing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 10, 2017, 08:04:15 am by drfchound »
........waiting for some dickos logic here.........

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on May 10, 2017, 07:07:48 pm by dickos1 »
Listen to his interview this week, where he states he made a mistake with the Hartlepool line up

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on May 10, 2017, 08:52:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
Perhaps worth a thought how he threw away that six point lead and massive goal difference advantage from five games previously rather than pondering a cack handed team selection on the final day of the season when the outcome was out of our hands already?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on May 10, 2017, 10:21:58 pm by dickos1 »
Ha ha
You are funny you lot,

Sammy said he never admits a mistake, I'm just pointing out he only admitted a mistake this week.

So then one of the "don't like fergie whatever he does" mob try and change the arguement of which they had no involvement in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012