Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:10:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Connor Grant  (Read 8792 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Connor Grant
« on May 07, 2017, 10:44:09 am by Canadian Rover »
If you were manager would you offer him a contract?

I would...but not on big wages as he's unproven only slightly better terms than say a Mandville or May for example.

Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
Re: Connor Grant
« Reply #1 on May 07, 2017, 10:45:26 am by Belle_Vue »
If there's someone else available. That would be my option.

If not take the risk, we know he can come good

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 07, 2017, 10:47:16 am by idler »
I'd tend to agree. He's been nothing like the player from last season.
Whether it is him or the manager's tactics and formations but he didn't look confident or committed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 07, 2017, 10:50:35 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mandeville has proved more than him this season.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 07, 2017, 10:56:53 am by Jonathan »
Ferguson said in his post match interview that he'll sit down with Grant on Monday and has to make a decision.

I expect Grant's form has made that decision harder than we expected. He needs to think about what he wants to be as it's clear he has no future at Everton and this is a big crossroads in his career. He has no more time to prove anything this season.

Do we take the risk and give him the platform to show he's a much better player than we saw this season (and I've no doubt he is)? Or do we decide to look elsewhere on the basis that he's not done enough in this spell, and run the risk of him getting back to form elsewhere to the benefit of an opponent?

It's a tough call. I'd like to see him sign but he really needs to show a lot more of what he's capable of if he does.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 07, 2017, 01:49:24 pm by mushRTID »
I would sign him but be firm with our offer limit. Can't be paying him too much, make him earn improved contracts on the pitch.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 07, 2017, 01:55:13 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Depends how much Everton want for him. I wouldn't want to pay much of a fee with the way he's played this season.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 07, 2017, 02:44:00 pm by esdailles left foot »
i certainly wouldn't offer him what he wants, if it was a decent low risk contract yes. If he says no, he says no. No loss to me

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 07, 2017, 03:19:48 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's not worth a big offer that's for sure.  It's been a poor season for him and I can't see where he goes if not here...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 07, 2017, 03:23:58 pm by RedJ »
Dole queue. Been largely shite since he came back.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 07, 2017, 04:05:23 pm by wing commander »
Wouldn't be paying anything or offering him a deal...not progressed enough and he's had enough time to prove it...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 07, 2017, 04:52:40 pm by GazLaz »
I said Grant had been poor after three games, was shot down. He's overweight that's his issue. His mobility is a lot worse than in his last spell. Not saying he's fat, just to heavy. Middleton had the same issue last season but he came back a lot leaner after this pre season. I'd sign him, he can play.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 07, 2017, 05:07:37 pm by roversdude »
It's a no for me - mediocre player who seems to have forgot how to shoot

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2017, 07:03:56 pm by Chris Black come back »
Muscle or blubber he is definitely carrying more timber this season.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2017, 07:34:36 pm by godlike1 »
What position did he play last season? I agree with all off the above but think he's been stick out on the left for most of this season

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 07, 2017, 07:54:08 pm by dknward2 »
It's a no from me money can be better spent else where.

I guess we will find out soon but the fact he was on the bench may signal that his time has come to an end at drfc

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 07, 2017, 08:28:57 pm by boro_rover »
He hasn't done anything this time around and has had plenty of time to make a name for himself. In a winning team you expect those with potential and natural ability to shine and to be fair he hasn't.

He wasn't all that great the back end of last season either. I think we should offer him a deal - but I definitely wouldn't be braking the bank. Squad player performances warrant a squad players wage.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 07, 2017, 08:58:31 pm by selby »
Sign him with performance/success incentives,he has lots of ability,its up to the management team to bring it out of him.
   Mason would be iffy for me,not a great full back,lightweight as the holding midfielder,and not a good enough footballer for a box to box player.
   Green has done his job much better at Oldham,we had the chance to have him and blew it.We would have definately  have  been better off with him covering the fullback and midfield positions.He is and has been a better footballer.
  Just my opinion,Means nothing,I have seen every game this season and overall I am very happy,to me it is mission achieved,onwards and upwards,
   Fergie will do what he thinks right,I  think he is happy with the boards backing,and from what I have watched in the play offs,we may surprise a few next year with not too much tinkering.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 07, 2017, 09:11:56 pm by Rovers91 »

Different types of players, would still take a gamble on grant.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 07, 2017, 10:07:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I was going from the OP saying he should be on better terms than someone like Mandeville.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 07, 2017, 10:50:27 pm by RedJ »

Based on what?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 07, 2017, 10:59:12 pm by drfchound »
Grants lack of confidence was evident in the last few minutes at Hartlepool when the ball came to him on the edge of the box, sat up beautifully ready to be hit at goal.
He declined the opportunity and passed the ball wide.
A confident player would have taken on the shot, especially at 2-1 down late in the game.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 07, 2017, 11:50:18 pm by tommy toes »
Sign him with performance/success incentives,he has lots of ability,its up to the management team to bring it out of him.
   Mason would be iffy for me,not a great full back,lightweight as the holding midfielder,and not a good enough footballer for a box to box player.
   Green has done his job much better at Oldham,we had the chance to have him and blew it.We would have definately  have  been better off with him covering the fullback and midfield positions.He is and has been a better footballer.
  Just my opinion,Means nothing,I have seen every game this season and overall I am very happy,to me it is mission achieved,onwards and upwards,
   Fergie will do what he thinks right,I  think he is happy with the boards backing,and from what I have watched in the play offs,we may surprise a few next year with not too much tinkering.
Funny how we see things so differently. For me Mason has been much more effective than Grant.
I'd sign Mason and send Grant back.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 08, 2017, 06:41:33 am by roversdude »
Tommy I agree with that, I think Mason has been a tremendous player all season wherever he has played
Grant has not been the same player since that corner last season

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 08, 2017, 08:32:40 am by the vicar »
It's a no for me - mediocre player who seems to have forgot how to shoot
shooting could be down to management orders or more players would do it

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 08, 2017, 09:17:08 am by MrFrost »
Grant ahs the ability - no doubt.

I'd take him.

ballysbackin

« Reply #26 on May 08, 2017, 09:24:53 am by ballysbackin »
Yes we have scored a lot of goals, we have also not shot at goal when it was an option and instead looked to pass, as was Saturday. Penalties did cost us and how many times in match reports was it saying "Shot at the goalkeeper who caught it in the centre of goal."?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 08, 2017, 06:17:32 pm by graingrover »
He has looked ill at ease and low on confidence in many games and let's face it we have mainly used Mason and Rowe down the left which is Grant's natural position in which he did ok for us last season before Rowe. If DF feels he can help the player develop he should sign him since he has the talent and strength but for me is just lacking in the  confidence that is needed to 'show' more in games than he has recently. Loss of confidence is not a permanent state!

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
Connor Grant
« Reply #28 on May 08, 2017, 07:12:34 pm by Susan Abbott »
Grant has not showed what he could be like given the chance instead he has divided  opinions and left DF with a decision to make . I would sooner have the player from Blackpool -POTTS who is more accomplished and has an influence on game. We need players who are naturally aggressive but with ability like POTTS .

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 08, 2017, 07:19:10 pm by graingrover »
Grant has not showed what he could be like given the chance instead he has divided  opinions and left DF with a decision to make . I would sooner have the player from Blackpool -POTTS who is more accomplished and has an influence on game. We need players who are naturally aggressive but with ability like POTTS .
Very good player(Potts) but is rated at £500,000!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012