Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:24:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Connor Grant  (Read 8837 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Connor Grant
« Reply #30 on May 09, 2017, 08:07:40 am by Jonathan »
Grant has returned to Everton and we won't be pursuing a permanent move at this time according to the official site.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 09, 2017, 08:16:14 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Can only be the value for money side really.  He's shown not to be worth a big amount really so it may explain it.

Also got to question his temperament a little but for the right price would still have taken a chance.  Unless Ferguson thinks he has better alternatives.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 09, 2017, 08:18:37 am by GazLaz »
It will probably be a few little things with Grant. One being the fact he wasn't fully committed when we wanted to sign him permanently in January.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 09, 2017, 08:50:36 am by glosterred »
He seems not to have improved since he was last here and as actually gone backwards

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 09, 2017, 08:54:01 am by mushRTID »
I wouldn't be surprised if he signed later on. It could be just a tactic to get a good deal later.

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 09, 2017, 09:54:42 am by mjg »
The teams performances have been largely crap since he came back

ballysbackin

« Reply #36 on May 09, 2017, 10:14:29 am by ballysbackin »
Took a shirt every game no matter what he did

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 09, 2017, 12:38:42 pm by pib »
Really expected Grant to propel us to the next level this season, especially after ridding ourselves of Calder and getting him in like-for-like.

I think with Tommy Rowe occupying the left hand side it hasn't really worked out as we've tried to accommodate Grant in other positions where he's probably not as strong.

If Rowe got a bad injury I wouldn't be surprised to see Grant back on loan, but otherwise there probably isn't room for both of them in the team so the money is probably better off spent elsewhere

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 09, 2017, 05:35:14 pm by Susan Abbott »
Really expected Grant to propel us to the next level this season, especially after ridding ourselves of Calder and getting him in like-for-like.

I think with Tommy Rowe occupying the left hand side it hasn't really worked out as we've tried to accommodate Grant in other positions where he's probably not as strong.

If Rowe got a bad injury I wouldn't be surprised to see Grant back on loan, but otherwise there probably isn't room for both of them in the team so the money is probably better off spent elsewhere
Grant is Average for a League 2 player  best at worst he cant tackle and hopeless in the passing department. So a Loan don't make me laugh there are better than him in National League and won't cost a fee either!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 09, 2017, 09:59:04 pm by Campsall rover »

Grant is Average for a League 2 player  best at worst he cant tackle and hopeless in the passing department. So a Loan don't make me laugh there are better than him in National League and won't cost a fee either!
Can't tackle yes I agree but CANT PASS sorry that is his strength. Conor Grant is the best passer we probably have had this and last season. The problem with Connor is his body language as he didnt look as though he was enjoying playing and didn't seem focused or 100% committed to the cause.
Don't know what has happened to him as he has considerable ability but was a shadow of the player we had in the first half of last season.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 09, 2017, 10:05:25 pm by Rovers91 »

What a load of shit, Grants performances have not been good enough but I think it is down to other reasons not his ability. Last season he was pissing it at times in league one and he's still a young lad.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 10, 2017, 02:46:58 am by Sammy Chung was King »
He is still young and filling out a bit so not signing him is risky but on performances alone he hasn't been good enough.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2017, 01:11:24 pm by wing commander »
I see Fergy has said today that the reason he hasn't signed is that the fee agreed was a large one and he felt that Grants performance levels were disappointing..So he decided not to persue it on value for money reasons...Fair enough with me...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 11, 2017, 01:27:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sounds like if the price came down we might consider it.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2017, 01:58:18 pm by wing commander »
Well I would have thought Everton might be open to looking at it..He has 1 year left on his deal and it will concern them that at this stage of his career he isn't shining in the bottom division...Its about his age were Prem clubs make a decision and they wont have seen much from his loan spells this season to make them believe he could make it at there level...So a new contract is unlikely there....Leave it a few weeks and if he hasn't gone elsewhere a cheeky low bid might tempt them..If not no loss..

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2017, 09:04:50 pm by phil old leake »
DF has said that grant might come back on loan. If he did he'd have something to prove. He would also be nearer the end of his contract in January so we might get a better deal

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 11, 2017, 09:44:44 pm by balbyrover »
I still think we will sign him closer to the sesson.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 11, 2017, 10:17:59 pm by Retdon1 »
I think a lot depends on what the fee was. If say it was around 250k, the Connor grant of last season that price looks a snip. The Connor grant of this season, a fee in that region could be better spent elsewhere.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 12, 2017, 09:12:01 am by phil old leake »
I always think that there is something in the background when a player loses form like he has. All players have dips but his was unreal.  Maybe DF should have dropped him earlier to kick his arse. Hopefully he will come back and be the grant we know.  It would be awful if he went somewhere else and found form again and played against us next year

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 12, 2017, 12:30:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I always think that there is something in the background when a player loses form like he has. All players have dips but his was unreal.  Maybe DF should have dropped him earlier to kick his arse. Hopefully he will come back and be the grant we know.  It would be awful if he went somewhere else and found form again and played against us next year

seem to remember someone posting on here years ago what have Sheff united done to Johnathan Forte

second time he was on loan he was useless as well

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 12, 2017, 07:03:05 pm by idler »
It would only be two games out of 46 though.🙂

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 13, 2017, 11:15:50 am by elmsallrover »
If its about saving money with grant then why have we paid £200,000 (so they say) for mason when hes a free come 30th june

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 13, 2017, 11:30:19 am by GazLaz »
If its about saving money with grant then why have we paid £200,000 (so they say) for mason when hes a free come 30th june

Because Villa offered him a contract and he's under 23. This means a fee has to be paid.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 13, 2017, 12:33:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Do you have a source for that Elmsall?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:36:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012