Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:39:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ATS  (Read 8826 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
ATS
« on May 09, 2017, 10:04:55 am by esdailles left foot »
Thank the lord, an absolute travesty of a footballer. Looked to be a bag of nerves every time he stepped onto a pitch. Back up to Scotland son where even I could make it and I'm 46

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: ATS
« Reply #1 on May 09, 2017, 10:10:34 am by GazLaz »
He's useless.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 09, 2017, 10:12:28 am by Chris Black come back »
I will remember him fondly for his one "pass" which was usually launched pin point to the opposition right back with amazing accuracy and consistency.

ballysbackin

« Reply #3 on May 09, 2017, 10:13:49 am by ballysbackin »
Give the man a break, all the BB have got rid of him as well as his injury, he may come back to haunt the BB

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 09, 2017, 10:15:38 am by IDM »
Although he was inconsistent to say the least, I will remember him more for the Burton game last season where he actually was excellent before picking up the bad injury.  I also remember the shocking treatment dished out to him by some of our fans that day.

He may not be the best player to pull on the hoops but I wish him all the best..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 09, 2017, 10:25:33 am by RoversAlias »
Although he was inconsistent to say the least, I will remember him more for the Burton game last season where he actually was excellent before picking up the bad injury.  I also remember the shocking treatment dished out to him by some of our fans that day.

He may not be the best player to pull on the hoops but I wish him all the best..

100% agree. I fear for whoever our fans pick as the next vilified scapegoat.

Was ATS crap? Yes. Was he kept in the team after he should have been jettisoned? Absolutely. But he seems a nice enough lad, has some raw ability and has come back from a very bad injury. Best of luck to him in future.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 09, 2017, 10:35:21 am by chrisd_123 »
He just wasn't good enough. Simple. Nothing against him as he seems a nice enough lad. Didn't deserve the abuse he got. He's not the one who brought himself on on Saturday is he?

I'll fondly remember his assist for Williams in that Crewe game. He always gave his all to be fair, and in that run at the turn of the year 15/16 he was playing well.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 09, 2017, 11:18:15 am by idler »
He will probably be happier elsewhere. He might build confidence and move on with his career.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 09, 2017, 11:18:46 am by esdailles left foot »
Give the man a break, all the BB have got rid of him as well as his injury, he may come back to haunt the BB

Err I doubt it very much

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on May 09, 2017, 11:20:15 am by ballysbackin »
You may - but others have in the past

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 09, 2017, 11:49:27 am by esdailles left foot »
I for one would be delighted if ATS was in a team opposing us, and would target him as a weak link.he has great physical attributes but has the heart of a pea

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 09, 2017, 12:16:56 pm by drfchound »
Pathetic of some of our supporters to boo one of our own players.
They were at it again when he came on at Hartlepool, before he had kicked the ball.
It destroyed Curtis Main before and it just doesnt help players build any confidence.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 09, 2017, 12:19:08 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Hope he gets better treatment elsewhere. Can't fault the lad for effort.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2017, 01:02:40 pm by esdailles left foot »
They were at it again when he came on at Hartlepool, before he had kicked the ball.
It destroyed Curtis Main before and it just doesnt help players build any confidence.
If our players can't take a few boos off a couple of dozen kids. They need to grow a pair. Hardly the gallowgate or stretford end.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 09, 2017, 01:03:22 pm by esdailles left foot »
Err yes you can.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 09, 2017, 01:07:14 pm by IDM »
If our players can't take a few boos off a couple of dozen kids. They need to grow a pair. Hardly the gallowgate or stretford end.

If our supporters can't understand that the players don't deliberately go out to play badly, or that good players can have a bad game, or suffer a loss of form and confidence, they also need to grow a pair.

The clue is in the word "supporters"..

Criticise by all means, but the excessive stick some receive goes beyond what they deserve, the likes of Guy, Main, Evina, ATS...

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 09, 2017, 01:44:44 pm by esdailles left foot »

If our supporters can't understand that the players don't deliberately go out to play badly, or that good players can have a bad game, or suffer a loss of form and confidence, they also need to grow a pair.

Criticise by all means, but the excessive stick some receive goes beyond what they deserve, the likes of Guy, Main, Evina, ATS...

And all the named have received abuse for a reason

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 09, 2017, 01:49:11 pm by IDM »
There is a big difference between criticism and abuse.

One can be justified, the other is unnecessary.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 09, 2017, 02:08:02 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Err yes you can.

Boring

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 09, 2017, 03:19:06 pm by glosterred »
Sad to see him go, he's been the best excuse for our woes since Lewis Guy was at the club

COYR

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 09, 2017, 03:26:39 pm by wing commander »
   The treatment he has had has been a disgrace imo...From our own fans goading him on twitter when he did his knee to the abuse he gets everytime he stepped on the pitch..Form is temporary and the lad CAN play but he was never going to turn it around with the treatment he got from some of you....I wouldn't care if was solely responsible for last seasons collapse,you could name 4 or 5 who were every bit as bad including Coppinger who I thought was abysmal last season...

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 09, 2017, 03:28:48 pm by esdailles left foot »
Look the lad is simply and never has been good enough, even for 4th division football. He's stolen a wage for 2 years but i'm sure some cloggers in jockoland will give him a chance.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 09, 2017, 03:28:57 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sad to see him go, he's been the best excuse for our woes since Lewis Guy was at the club

COYR

And with Williams and Keegan going too. :(

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 09, 2017, 03:36:20 pm by GazLaz »
He lives next door to my brother in law at lakeside. If anyone's looking for a house to rent there will probably be one available soon!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 09, 2017, 03:49:43 pm by PDX_Rover »

And all the named have received abuse for a reason

You're a sad tw@t aren't you? Nothing but negative things to say. Keyboard warrior.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 09, 2017, 04:08:58 pm by esdailles left foot »
ha ha yes i'm a keyboard warrior! it would seem to me that his detractors are only at matches and not on here then. The kid's cack and i don't care what you lilly livered, scab protecting liberals think.

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 09, 2017, 04:13:55 pm by CrippyCooke »
ATS is clearly not good enough but Evina has always bothered me more. Cannot believe Ferguson extended his contract last year!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 09, 2017, 04:18:30 pm by foxbat »
This calling someone a ' Liberal' whenever they disagree with you must come to a stop.
As if there is anything wrong with being a liberal . I'm proud to be one.
Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with football opinions.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 09, 2017, 04:56:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
ATS is clearly not good enough but Evina has always bothered me more. Cannot believe Ferguson extended his contract last year!

This is actually more of a concerning point. Whatever you think about Evina (he can both impress and depress in the same match) it was Ferguson who gave him his 2.5 year contract extension....and then pretty much refused to pick him ever again! If you are going to dish out a contract to a senior player of that length and then never pick him again, you are just pissing good money up the wall.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 10:35:41 pm by Chris Black come back »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 09, 2017, 07:01:22 pm by drfchound »

The people booing were clearly not young spotty faced kids though.
They were grown men who should know better.
I take it that you find it acceptable to abuse our own players.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012