Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:01:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ATS  (Read 8831 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
Re: ATS
« Reply #30 on May 09, 2017, 07:14:40 pm by esdailles left foot »
Only the ones that have been consistently shit for 2 years and shouldn't be anywhere near a football field

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 10, 2017, 03:02:57 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Some of our fans are generally just angry with everything in life before they get to the game the players are seen as soft targets who won't answer back unlike the missus. We need to come away from a scapegoat for each season this was a young guy trying his best it didn't work out some don't. Why does it ever have to get personal with players why not support them while they wear the shirt?.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 10, 2017, 09:35:11 am by idler »
Sammy every teams has one or more scapegoats. 6,000 fans at a game all having personal favourites and different views. The problem gets worse when a good few pick on one particular player and the volume increases.
Most players then get nervy on the ball and have one eye and ear on the crowd.
I always wonder about team spirit in this respect. The other players in a team hear it and does it put them off a bit as well. If I were playing next to someone who in my eyes was having a good game but getting stick I would be very frustrated if not downright angry.
Booing and decrying your own player can never have a positive ending.
Short or long term.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 10, 2017, 06:35:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Like any performer, if you choose a profession in the public arena you have to be prepared to take  criticism as well as the plaudits. Whether the level of criticism is justified is another matter, it's personal opinion.

rabjohns

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 10, 2017, 10:24:40 pm by rabjohns »
A model pro,from what i saw he spent more time at Cantley Park than the groundsman.

ballysbackin

« Reply #35 on May 11, 2017, 09:34:32 am by ballysbackin »
Some of our fans are generally just angry with everything in life before they get to the game the players are seen as soft targets who won't answer back unlike the missus. We need to come away from a scapegoat for each season this was a young guy trying his best it didn't work out some don't. Why does it ever have to get personal with players why not support them while they wear the shirt?.

I would support your comment 100%. There are some who just want to hate somebody on the pitch. week in and week out - we have seen players come in for it too often. ATS at the end of season 15-16 was not necessary and as for getting booed when he came on the field???? Tossers the lot who do that to a home player. i.e. Lawlor REcently - even Religion and Nationality are deemed tools to be used in hatred , you boys are nothing but NOTHING

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 11, 2017, 11:15:39 am by rich1471 »
ATS is clearly not good enough but Evina has always bothered me more. Cannot believe Ferguson extended his contract last year!

This is actually more of a concerning point. Whatever you think about Evina (he can both impress and depress in the same match) it was Ferguson who gave him his 2.5 year contract extension....and then pretty much refused to pick him ever again! If you are going to dish out a contract to a senior player of that length and then never pick him again, you are just pissing good money up the wall.

for me Evina ALWAYS looked lost playing at the back , when he played on the wing he was a different player looked confident could beat his man and gave that extra bit of protection for the defence as well

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 11, 2017, 11:30:24 am by Chris Black come back »
Ferguson clearly no fan though. Rarely on the bench and Ferguson tried to dump him before end of last window. Why the 2.5 year deal though?!?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 05:43:41 pm by Chris Black come back »

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 11, 2017, 05:31:14 pm by keith79 »
i thought Ferguson rated ATS. i am sure he said he was a top player

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 11, 2017, 06:14:03 pm by Al4475 »
Maybe the extension for evina was written into his first contract if he triggered it through appearances? Just a thought! As for ATS - not sure fergie was ever really sold on him - I may be wrong he may have said he was a top player - but I got the impression from one of the mto events he was fuming about the stick and treatment ats came in for!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 11, 2017, 06:39:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Time to move on. Need a Kwik Fit replacement.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 11, 2017, 06:48:09 pm by keith79 »
tommy spur anyone?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2017, 07:34:12 pm by roversdude »
tommy spur anyone?

Now we are talking

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 11, 2017, 07:58:02 pm by Retdon1 »
tommy spur anyone?

I would take him back 100%. If we hadn't slow timed in getting him to resign his new contract last time then he might still have been here now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2017, 08:40:10 pm by RedJ »
Back to this old story. Because if your agent knew a club like Blackburn were sniffing, you'd definitely sign up with Donny as quickly as possible wouldn't you...

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2017, 08:44:48 pm by Herman Hessian »
Back to this old story. Because if your agent knew a club like Blackburn were sniffing, you'd definitely sign up with Donny as quickly as possible wouldn't you...

maybe if you fancied being a big fish in a smaller pond - and Blackburn are supposed to be in dire straits from top to bottom - certainly don't give the impression of being able to offer a happy, well adjusted place of work; maybe if you fancied wages part-paid in chicken nuggets, mind...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 11, 2017, 08:45:45 pm by RedJ »

maybe if you fancied being a big fish in a smaller pond - and Blackburn are supposed to be in dire straits from top to bottom - certainly don't give the impression of being able to offer a happy, well adjusted place of work; maybe if you fancied wages part-paid in chicken nuggets, mind...
Nowt wrong with chicken nuggets.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 11, 2017, 08:48:43 pm by Herman Hessian »

Nowt wrong with chicken nuggets.

i'd expect panko-breaded escalopes from former premier league champions, to be fair...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012