Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:36:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Record Season Ticket Sales!  (Read 3566 times)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Record Season Ticket Sales!
« on May 17, 2017, 07:19:53 pm by Mr1Croft »
Apologies if already on here but it seems junior STs have tripled from last year according to DROS:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/record-sales-of-junior-tickets-3718806.aspx

Considering we already have a large % of juniors this can only have a positive effect on attendances both in the short and long term.

Queue Well Done from Frosty...  :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Record Season Ticket Sales!
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2017, 07:38:55 pm by RedJ »
Will this affect kids' STs in other parts of the ground if they sell out in the family stand? can't think it would, but just interested to know if it has any knock on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2017, 07:56:05 pm by Filo »
You'd think that if kids ticket sales have risen that much surely the adult sales will improve if they've bought the kids a ticket

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2017, 08:13:11 pm by drfchound »
I'm not sure what age ranges these ticket sales relate to Filo but i am sure that you will have noticed, as I have, that lots of youngsters go to the game in groups without grown ups in tow.
Much like we used to do many years ago.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2017, 09:23:39 pm by rich1471 »
When my son was young I bought a £30 season ticket for around 4 seasons he never came but the extra room was nice and £30 is not that much

ballysbackin

« Reply #5 on May 17, 2017, 10:07:46 pm by ballysbackin »
I'm not sure what age ranges these ticket sales relate to Filo but i am sure that you will have noticed, as I have, that lots of youngsters go to the game in groups without grown ups in tow.
Much like we used to do many years ago.

Hound, this year they removed the upper "Young Person" from under 12s then 12 to 17 yrs. Now it is under 17's in one go for £30. I got mine and little lady first week and she is buzzing for next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2017, 10:12:22 pm by drfchound »
Bally, cheers for that.
In that case, I see loads of under 17's in groups at matches.
Girls too in twos and threes.
Probably a big proportion of the singing section will be in that bracket as well.

Crowle Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2017, 07:23:15 am by Crowle Rover »
My son's friend has also got a season ticket for the first time.

He came with his grandad for a couple of games last season and is now hooked!

Grandad can't get to every game so he got a seat next to my son.

He can't wait for next season!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2017, 09:09:50 am by MrFrost »
I notice it days the family stand is 86% full. This doesn't correspond to the ticket site, as well over half of the family area is still available for purchase.

Belle_Vue

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2017, 09:24:48 am by Belle_Vue »
I wonder if the family stand only has a certain number of season tickets available to keep spaces for match day tickets.

I doubt this means the club would turn anyone away mind, there is plenty of seats available

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2017, 10:23:10 am by MrFrost »
Apologies if already on here but it seems junior STs have tripled from last year according to DROS:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/record-sales-of-junior-tickets-3718806.aspx

Considering we already have a large % of juniors this can only have a positive effect on attendances both in the short and long term.

I'd still like to know what the sales are like in total, but for whatever reason the club don't like to release the info.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2017, 11:47:45 am by godlike1 »

I'd still like to know what the sales are like in total, but for whatever reason the club don't like to release the info.

Mmmmmmm I wonder why Mr Frost???????????????

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2017, 08:25:18 am by Susan Abbott »

Mmmmmmm I wonder why Mr Frost???????????????
Because you lot
would extrapolate DF's  budget and this per annual discussion of wether we are trying to challenge or not . Aaaahhh!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 19, 2017, 08:58:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's all lies and propaganda!

Seriously, it's good to hear and I would expect the youth numbers to rise considerably as well.

It's a pity the last 4 games took the gloss off as I think there will be a bunch of waiverers out there who are still to be convinced that much has changed and will wait and see how we do once we back to where we should have been.

Over decades there's always been scepticism about Rovers as soon as improvement is shown so it takes something special to break that cycle. The combination of new stadium and SO'D was the previous catalyst, so it will take a sustained period of upward momentum before we see real numbers week in week out.

So Frosty, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to tell us where the club is going wrong in the next few years!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2017, 09:01:03 am by MrFrost »
It's all lies and propaganda!

Seriously, it's good to hear and I would expect the youth numbers to rise considerably as well.

It's a pity the last 4 games took the gloss off as I think there will be a bunch of waiverers out there who are still to be convinced that much has changed and will wait and see how we do once we back to where we should have been.

Over decades there's always been scepticism about Rovers as soon as improvement is shown so it takes something special to break that cycle. The combination of new stadium and SO'D was the previous catalyst, so it will take a sustained period of upward momentum before we see real numbers week in week out.

So Frosty, I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunities to tell us where the club is going wrong in the next few years!

I'm not saying the club is going wrong, merely pointing out that the quoted figures no where near tally with the physical evidence that everyone can see online.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 19, 2017, 09:03:17 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Dear Doncaster Rovers,

You total bas**rds.

I am appalled that you've not released details of season ticket sales thus denying me the opportunity to whine about them (obviously, however many you've sold won't be enough for me).

I demand that you release a statement to explain why you've not publicised these figures and issue an apology to those of us that now have to spend our valuable time coming up with something else to whinge about.

The club is going to the dogs.

Yours,

Disgruntled Rover of Stainforth

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 19, 2017, 09:04:30 am by MrFrost »
Dear Doncaster Rovers,

You total bas**rds.

I am appalled that you've not released details of season ticket sales thus denying me the opportunity to whine about them (obviously, however many you've sold won't be enough for me).

I demand that you release a statement to explain why you've not publicised these figures and issue an apology to those of us that now have to spend our valuable time coming up with something else to whinge about.

The club is going to the dogs.

Yours,

Disgruntled Rover of Stainforth

Are you pretending to be Filo?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 19, 2017, 09:24:54 am by silent majority »
The simple matter of fact is that the 'family area' is undergoing some changes for the upcoming season. Over the years children grow up and can no longer be reasonably expected to remain in that area if depriving other families of utilising that area and facilities. Reorganisation is currently happening with the cooperation of all those families who are relocating.
The only people who have a real handle on this are the club.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 19, 2017, 09:30:10 am by MrFrost »
The simple matter of fact is that the 'family area' is undergoing some changes for the upcoming season. Over the years children grow up and can no longer be reasonably expected to remain in that area if depriving other families of utilising that area and facilities. Reorganisation is currently happening with the cooperation of all those families who are relocating.
The only people who have a real handle on this are the club.

Interesting, thanks.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012