Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:40:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The FA and retrospective bans  (Read 1335 times)

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
The FA and retrospective bans
« on May 18, 2017, 11:20:22 pm by phil o sophical »
What a half hearted limp wristed attempt to try and combat the cheats ,time wasters and actors. Banning a player after the event still wont alter the result of a game if his dive results in a penalty being awarded and converted.

No doubt next season we will be treated once again to players falling in a heap holding their heads after being kicked on the shin.( stop the game, on ya come Mr physio) The player farthest away from the dugout being substituted to give him time to bid a fond farewell to his friends, family and supporters as he drags his weary arse off the pitch (providing his team are winning at the time of course ) and then we're blessed with the farce that is injury time. I do wish the men in grey suits at Lancaster Gate would grow some balls. Perhaps they could move head office to Twickenham

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: The FA and retrospective bans
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2017, 11:59:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a start. Even the cheats don't want to be labelled cheats so the prospect of retrospective punishment may get things moving in the right direction.

I think Tommy Rowe should think a bit more about staying in his feet in the box otherwise he could be in front of the dive panel.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 19, 2017, 10:18:01 am by drfchound »
The thing about feigning injury is a valid one though.
The "injured" player should be removed from the pitch for treatment and the game should continue without them.
I bet they would be back in and ready to continue in a flash.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 19, 2017, 10:27:52 am by DonnyOsmond »
Take Eden Hazard for instance, he'll be banned every other week and that will affect his teams performance. I think it's a good move.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 19, 2017, 10:54:42 am by the vicar »
that is fine doing all that, but what about the players that get booked for done some thing  they have not done and cant appeal it, that is the one they should be changing

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 19, 2017, 12:29:41 pm by not on facebook »
Think a two game ban is a tad soft ,but at least it's a start

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 19, 2017, 02:46:51 pm by glosterred »
Wonder how many players did the Rovers have booked for simulation last season?

COYR

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 19, 2017, 04:42:39 pm by ravenrover »
The thing about feigning injury is a valid one though.
The "injured" player should be removed from the pitch for treatment and the game should continue without them.
I bet they would be back in and ready to continue in a flash.

Or just let them be treated on the pitch as in rugby

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 20, 2017, 08:59:01 am by drfchound »
That reminds me of when i was about 14 or 15 playing in a Sunday league game on those pitches at the side of Ledger Way.
We were playing against British Gas and one of their players broke his leg.
An ambulance was called for but it was ages before it arrived.
While we were waiting it began to get dark and there was still about 20 minutes to play.
One of our players asked the ref if we could "fence off the player" and play round him to get the game completed.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 20, 2017, 09:04:06 am by SydneyRover »
As soon a a couple of players are banned then managers will start to have their say about having to field a team without their stars and it will hurt so the managers themselves will be cracking down. It could affect a players value over time if anyone gets multiple bans. I agree it's a good start.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 20, 2017, 09:45:57 am by not on facebook »
That reminds me of when i was about 14 or 15 playing in a Sunday league game on those pitches at the side of Ledger Way.
We were playing against British Gas and one of their players broke his leg.
An ambulance was called for but it was ages before it arrived.
While we were waiting it began to get dark and there was still about 20 minutes to play.
One of our players asked the ref if we could "fence off the player" and play round him to get the game completed.

Recall playing for paddock pub at cantley park one freezing cold Sunday morning.

Cusack who was the rovers manager then was roaming the touchlines of whatever pitch.

Are sub came on with about 10 mins left and ran straight into a tackle on edge of their penalty.

Straight after the tackle he let out a head turning yelp and fell in a heap and was in pain.

Cusack came trotting across had a quick look and said ' it's a bad one ' and a ambulance was called > thus was before mobile phones ,so some linford Christie had to run back to changing rooms.we was on the pitch nearest to where rovers train.

By now all the other games were blowing for full time as those players left their pitch.

We still had ironside laid out on our pitch and could not move him,so we placed coats and things over ironside as he was left laid there on his Todd while we played out the last 10 mins on another pitch.

He was not a happy bunny as it turned out he bust his leg.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012