Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:17:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: REAL managers of the year  (Read 2394 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
REAL managers of the year
« on May 20, 2017, 12:10:47 pm by esdailles left foot »
Not the usual suspects.

Prem. Fat Sam at palace. They were dead and buried until the greedy, greedy lancastrian took them over.

Champ.    Clough at Burton. Worked miracles on a small budget.

Div 1.     Clark at Bury. Another team that were relegation certainties.

Div 2.      Bowyer at Blackpool. All the turmoil at the club and still got play offs.

Nat league. Cowley at Lincoln. The two school teacher brothers playing championship manager for real, what a season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: REAL managers of the year
« Reply #1 on May 20, 2017, 01:37:57 pm by roversdude »
Can't really argue with that, stick the Swansea manager in with fat Sam

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 20, 2017, 01:45:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Add Wagner at udders, same budget as rotherscum and made playoffs final

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 20, 2017, 02:27:25 pm by roversdude »
Good shout DVR

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 20, 2017, 03:05:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Prem. Fat Sam at palace. They were dead and buried until the greedy, greedy lancastrian took them over.

On that basis, what about Shakespeare? He's done much more at Leicester in two fewer months than Fat Sam.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 20, 2017, 04:01:46 pm by esdailles left foot »

On that basis, what about Shakespeare? He's done much more at Leicester in two fewer months than Fat Sam.
Leicester players were simply not trying under Ranieri. But yes he has done a good job.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 20, 2017, 06:42:09 pm by ravenrover »
Not the usual suspects.

Div 2.      Bowyer at Blackpool. All the turmoil at the club and still got play offs.

Nat league. Cowley at Lincoln. The two school teacher brothers playing championship manager for real, what a season
[/quote)
Not the usual suspects.

Sam was born in Dudley so hardly a greedy Lancastrian

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 20, 2017, 07:30:35 pm by esdailles left foot »
Not the usual suspects.

[/quote)
Not the usual suspects.

Sam was born in Dudley so hardly a greedy Lancastrian

Oh for christ's sake

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 20, 2017, 07:56:56 pm by balbyrover »
I think Conte has done a good job at Chelsea, transformed them from tenth last season to comfortable title winners, plus they've still got the FA cup final next week to come. It does help not being in Europe but hes still done well and I think theyll be strong next season too. I think had the Hull manager been there a bit longer he would've saved them and been in for a shout.

Obviously the standout has to be Nigel Clough in the Championship, nobody really gave Burton a chance at staying up so he has to take some credit for that.

Chris Wilder has done a brilliant job,consecutive promotions with two different sides.  Absolutely smashed that league hitting over 100 points and getting the best out of Sharp.  On paper it looked a easy job at the blades,but many tried and failed to get them out that league.

League two is a hard one, many people were expecting  Us,Pompey and Plymouth all to be up there at the start of the season, up until the end of season mini collapse Ferguson did a great job to get us back up,especially at the first time of asking. As already said Bowyer has done well at Blackpool under the circumstances, Tisdale at Exeter has got them playing some great football and they were and still are my bet to be promoted.  Between Tisdale and Bowyer for me.

National League- Absolute no brainer, Cowley all day long. Fair enough they had one of the bigger budgets in the league but they still had a incredible cup run which I'm sure will take some beating. Aswell as this distraction they still managed to get promoted. Great season for Cowley and Lincoln.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 20, 2017, 09:14:18 pm by chrisd_123 »
Talking of the National League. Got to give Adam Lockwood and Liam McDonald credit.

The Cowley brothers obviously were superb at Lincoln but to keep Guiseley and Solihull Moors up in that league as the only two part time sides left in that league is some achievement!

What about old 'Arry and Birmingham? He got the job done!  :lol:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 21, 2017, 03:10:14 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Tisdale did a cracking job with Exeter nobody will convince me they are a good side but he turned them around from a struggling team to play-off material on his budget he worked marvels. Dyche at Burnley showed he had improved and learned from mistakes made last time they were there. Monk at Leeds yes great budget but how many have failed to do as well as him-though Clough wins by a mile in that league. Sheridan at Oldham has done well to keep them up.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 21, 2017, 09:17:17 am by NickDRFC »
Tisdale did a cracking job with Exeter nobody will convince me they are a good side but he turned them around from a struggling team to play-off material on his budget he worked marvels. Dyche at Burnley showed he had improved and learned from mistakes made last time they were there. Monk at Leeds yes great budget but how many have failed to do as well as him-though Clough wins by a mile in that league. Sheridan at Oldham has done well to keep them up.

Did Garry Monk have a great budget? I'd have thought it was one of their lowest in years. I hate Leeds but credit where it's due, it will have been lower than plenty of teams who finished below them - Norwich, Villa, Forest, Birmingham, Derby etc.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 22, 2017, 03:12:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »

Did Garry Monk have a great budget? I'd have thought it was one of their lowest in years. I hate Leeds but credit where it's due, it will have been lower than plenty of teams who finished below them - Norwich, Villa, Forest, Birmingham, Derby etc.

You could be right i was just assuming with the crowds they get and all that that his budget would be around the top eight.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 23, 2017, 06:29:31 am by dickos1 »
Can't agree with Clark
They won 2 of the last 11 games,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012