Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:02:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League one play off final  (Read 6704 times)

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
League one play off final
« on May 20, 2017, 02:52:27 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
Who are we wanting to win this one? I think I'll go for Millwall so we have another local derby to look forward too.

Got a feeling Bradford will nick it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
Re: League one play off final
« Reply #1 on May 20, 2017, 03:00:00 pm by CrippyCooke »
I prefer Bradford as a club, however I am hoping Millwall go up for the same reasons stated above.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 20, 2017, 03:09:10 pm by not on facebook »
I take that Bradford is a local derby etc etc ,but it's allways good when you have a day out in London on the lash whenever rovers play in the smoke.

a day out in Bradford is neither here or there ,as for London you can at least watch the queens guard before opening time.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 20, 2017, 04:18:08 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Great refereeing from Simon Hooper, keeping a good conversation going with players.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 20, 2017, 04:25:36 pm by not on facebook »
I was only saying that to me sen about the ref during he 1st half.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 20, 2017, 05:12:31 pm by selby »
Well we can only play that scum in cup games next year, thank god.Does anyone else think that the standard of the football being played in the division 2 playoffs has been better than division 1?
   Admitted the defences of all four sides have looked strong and resolute, but no way are they any better than us going forward.
  Strengthen in the right places,and we can get among them next season with a bit of luck.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 20, 2017, 05:24:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
Will Millwall come calling for ex player?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 20, 2017, 05:42:18 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Why would said ex player, who has found a footballing home at last, re-join a club that loaned him to more clubs than Tiger Woods used to have?

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 20, 2017, 06:00:32 pm by balbyrover »
The Milwall fans really are a disgrace, It says a lot when you have the manager and players telling them to "f**k off"
Then afterwards Steve Morrison said "They've ruined it for me"

Glad we've kept Bradford in the league, Its a local game where we should take a respectable following.

ballysbackin

« Reply #9 on May 20, 2017, 06:15:24 pm by ballysbackin »
Have not seen it, what they do this time?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 20, 2017, 06:45:09 pm by roversontheup »
They ran on to the pitch. To be fair many of their own fans were having a go at them when they returned to their seats.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 20, 2017, 06:48:58 pm by selby »
About 500 invaded the pitch at full time,thank god the Bradford fans were sensible and stayed where they were, or it could have turned nasty.
  Every club has its share of idiots but that lot are the worst.I think the rest of us could chip in and pay for them to go to Russia, and represent us in the world cup.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 20, 2017, 06:51:27 pm by not on facebook »
Can't see how the millwall fans get slagged off for just running onto the pitch as I take it tag it was only joyness celebrations since they won.

Clubs fans that have ran onto the pitch at end of this season Portsmouth ,Sheff utd, notts forest ,Birmingham ,Brighton and Spurs .

Iam very supprised that they got onto the pitch at wembley mindyou  as I thought that was really hard to do .

Not my cup of tea running onto the pitch to celebrate or whatever reason for the record.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 20, 2017, 06:54:51 pm by roversontheup »
Mind you I think a few of them bothered Stuart McCall and maybe his players cos in his after match interview he said he had come very close to clocking a few!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 20, 2017, 07:03:31 pm by not on facebook »
Mind you I think a few of them bothered Stuart McCall and maybe his players cos in his after match interview he said he had come very close to clocking a few!

Ok that puts a different aspect onto it ,thought they was just celebrating the win .

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on May 20, 2017, 07:05:03 pm by ballysbackin »
Well they were on the pitch in first leg of semi v Scunny and the FA were going to view Sky footage - Did now't
I believe they were at it in second leg and now at Wembley, so we see who has any b*llocks

Next Year Leeds v Millwall more fun

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 20, 2017, 07:12:31 pm by not on facebook »
Nothing will happen as police will have full controll especially at the Leeds v millwall game as it's  far more easy for the police.

a lot harder in London due to size of the city and amount of pubs all over the place .

ballysbackin

« Reply #17 on May 20, 2017, 07:14:34 pm by ballysbackin »
Off BBC site

Millwall fans flooded on to the pitch at the final whistle, but although a small number of supporters confronted Bradford's dejected players there did not appear to be signs of serious trouble

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 20, 2017, 07:19:24 pm by not on facebook »
What the fcuk are the bbc on about they use the term confronted then no signs of serious trouble .

If some fcuker confronts me I automatically feal for my safety and act accordingly .

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 20, 2017, 07:22:25 pm by balbyrover »
Can't see how the millwall fans get slagged off for just running onto the pitch as I take it tag it was only joyness celebrations since they won.

Clubs fans that have ran onto the pitch at end of this season Portsmouth ,Sheff utd, notts forest ,Birmingham ,Brighton and Spurs .

Iam very supprised that they got onto the pitch at wembley mindyou  as I thought that was really hard to do .

Not my cup of tea running onto the pitch to celebrate or whatever reason for the record.

They were on and a small number of them were trying to wind the Bradford players up,end of the day every club has its idiots but not on the scale that they do.
Also,when was the last time anybody invaded Wembley? I don't recall seeing it.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 20, 2017, 07:27:46 pm by not on facebook »
The jocks were last ones on pitch at wembley back in 1977 .

That's why Iam supprised as I thought it was very very difficult to get onto the pitch at wembley due to that rope thread type of fence that I thought they had > obviously not.

ballysbackin

« Reply #21 on May 20, 2017, 07:31:05 pm by ballysbackin »
Full credit to Bradford City, their players all staff and supporters who got thumped after game and then hid behind coppers and stayed inside exit doors. Them Bradford lads were angry but they deserve the respect that the SCUM do not understand. One Bradford lad blood streaming from his face and two coppers on gate did not want to know - Now there is a difference between Bobbies and Coppers. You may not think so but bloody hell I can tell you that there is.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 20, 2017, 07:36:31 pm by balbyrover »
Just seen McCalls interview, he said this..

McCall: "Wembley have to learn from this. Everyone in the place knew they were coming on. I was close to clocking a couple."

McCall: "They were in my face. I was verbally assaulted, not physically. Why can't they just enjoy their moment?'

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 20, 2017, 08:54:55 pm by not on facebook »
If MCCall had clocked one or two  the FA would have come down on him like a ton of bricks when it is their job to have the correct security on and in the right place to prevent whatever issues.

Just like Hillsboro the FA keep sleep walking throu incident after incident untill one day said incidents becomes a serious incident.

Then they will come out with statement saying  " we allways hold the publics and players safety very very high " after it's too late.

If the FA could not gets its security in order to stop 500 millwall fans getting onto the pitch after their team won ,it don't fill you with confidence it the result had gone against the londoners.

The FA are just a bunch of old fcuk  ups who need to step down and let some younger chaps take over.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 20, 2017, 09:23:15 pm by Draytonian III »
I'm glad that Millwall got to promotion,as I said a few weeks ago it keeps them away from the Keepmoat. No seen any the game or the aftermath,but I remember when Millwall came to Belle Vue in 81 or 82 and to the Keepmoat a few years ago. No doubt NOF will have another humorous antidote about them.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 20, 2017, 09:53:30 pm by not on facebook »
Now you mention it I do recall some millwall in the pub with us before the Leeds game at wembley and they said that they could muster up X amount of chaps to turn up and help ddr against the Leeds lot in pub round the corner.

We said thanks but no thanks ,then we  all went our separate ways.

Only thought the millwall > Leeds hate was only on their match days things ,obviously not.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 20, 2017, 10:04:02 pm by roversdude »
Leeds scum were attacking scarfers at Wembley so it could be interesting when they meet next season

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 20, 2017, 10:45:34 pm by Herman Hessian »
Leeds scum were attacking scarfers at Wembley so it could be interesting when they meet next season

basically, some leeds fans and/or some millwall fans are going to get injured - quite seriously with a bit of luck - win/win for right thinking individuals...

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 20, 2017, 10:50:43 pm by mushRTID »
Read on twitter a Bradford fan got stabbed, hope that's b*llocks.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 20, 2017, 10:51:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Now you mention it I do recall some millwall in the pub with us before the Leeds game at wembley and they said that they could muster up X amount of chaps to turn up and help ddr against the Leeds lot in pub round the corner.

We said thanks but no thanks ,then we  all went our separate ways.

Only thought the millwall > Leeds hate was only on their match days things ,obviously not.

I'm sure Millwall fans love some felching at every opportunity they get. You should have allowed them in on the act. Spoil sports ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012