Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:19:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League one play off final  (Read 6702 times)

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
Re: League one play off final
« Reply #30 on May 20, 2017, 10:58:31 pm by Herman Hessian »
Millwall fans love some felching

things you thought you'd never read...

:lol:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 20, 2017, 11:03:23 pm by not on facebook »

It is a strange subject to bring out into the open ,hope the chap has not been on the home brew while
On his computor as drinking and forums don't match.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 20, 2017, 11:30:48 pm by Herman Hessian »

It is a strange subject to bring out into the open ,hope the chap has not been on the home brew while
On his computor as drinking and forums don't match.

there's a peculiar foible which has become apparent over the last few years round these parts, in that when you go to a pub or club in brighton, if you have any drink other than a pint, they'll stick a straw in the glass - shorts, girlies drinking tonic water, cocktails - whatever - always wondered why, it does make you think....

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 20, 2017, 11:40:26 pm by not on facebook »
One rule whenever you are drinking away from your local pub .

Allways stick to drinking out of a bottle as you know what you are getting.

Another tip when you drink in Europe > don't be to keen to sit on your arse and accept table service no matter the custom .allways go the bar to order and clock your drinks been poured or made.

This way al least you will know that you are not getting slops or mistakes made by bar staff .

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 20, 2017, 11:53:00 pm by Herman Hessian »
Another tip when you drink in Europe > don't be to keen to sit on your arse and accept table service no matter the custom .allways go the bar to order and clock your drinks been poured or made.

euro drinking tip #2 - don't f**k with "wiess bier" in the netherlands

had a night in kerkrade (after watching RJC v FC Utrecht, as you do - complete with the burger van at the ground serving chips with mayonnaise) and had a couple of pints of this effervescent, inoffesnsive-tasting stuff while sat at a bar in town - stood up to make a move to the next venue, couldn't feel my legs, straight on my arse on the floor - f**king stuff was about 12% abv and tasted like white's lemonade - absolutely lethal !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 21, 2017, 12:18:54 am by not on facebook »
Just watched the last 5 mins of the bardford city v millwall game and  I counted about 20 stewards stood here and there with gaps between them you could drive a tank through all behind the goal where the millwall fans were.

When scunny played millwall there in the semi final there was 3 times as much stewards and police blocking about 2000 millwall fans from even trying to get onto scunnys pitch. > millwall won and nobody got on.

How can the FA expect  only 20 stewards to do the same job with what seemed about 7000 in bottom tier behind the goal alone.

Like I said in another thread about all these games been played at wembley so FA can re coup whatever money.wembley was not full today and FA over streached them sens at the chance of safety to players etc etc.

They will keep on doing this untill day there is a serious situation after a game played at wembley that would have far more easy to controll at a smaller more compact stadium.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 21, 2017, 09:04:24 am by wilts rover »
There was a lot more trouble at last seasons' League 1 play-off final with fighting inside and outside the ground involving - er Milwall! I doubt the FA will ever learn anything.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/674918/Violence-Millwall-fans-break-in-Barnsley-losing-play-off-final-at-Wembley

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 21, 2017, 09:11:50 am by roversdude »
Herman that is a strange drink - which one was it, I too have fell foul of some of this

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 21, 2017, 10:05:58 am by Herman Hessian »
Herman that is a strange drink - which one was it, I too have fell foul of some of this

it's made with wheat rather than barley, which has not been malted (the process which gives normal beer it's dark colour); think it's more of a german rather than a dutch thing, but kerkrade straddles the border and gets the best of both worlds

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on May 21, 2017, 02:56:20 pm by Dutch Uncle »

had a night in kerkrade (after watching RJC v FC Utrecht, as you do - complete with the burger van at the ground serving chips with mayonnaise) and had a couple of pints of this effervescent, inoffesnsive-tasting stuff while sat at a bar in town - stood up to make a move to the next venue, couldn't feel my legs, straight on my arse on the floor - f**king stuff was about 12% abv and tasted like white's lemonade - absolutely lethal !

Also known as 'wit bier'. Forewarned is forearmed - I very much like the stuff now. I used to live very close to Kerkrade for a number of years, and I remember seeing Dire Straits live ca 1981 in the Rode Hal at a hastily rearranged concert - small venue not full, but a great night and the feeling of almost being at a private performance.

Mind you, more importantly, my favourite Limburg beer was and always will be Brand Bier from Wijlre (they sponsored our squash club in Maastriicht).

The other thing to try is Carneval in Maastricht - you truly won't believe what you see and experience.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 21, 2017, 05:02:58 pm by Herman Hessian »
The other thing to try is Carneval in Maastricht - you truly won't believe what you see and experience.

i think my days of trips away based on dubious lower division dutch football are long gone; mind, I did tentatively suggest last night that a few weekends away to take in some of the big european derbies might not be a bad idea (Rome, Seville, Milan, Lisbon, Amsterdam or Rotterdam - that sort of thing). It was relatively well received, but I was clearly pushing my luck when the list went on to include Stockholm for a bit of AIK v Helsingborg and the Baltic seaboard for Pogon Szeczin v Flota Świnoujście - didn't seem to be met with quite as much enthusiasm...

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 22, 2017, 11:37:48 pm by RedRover45 »

Kerkrade is a wonderful place. A few years ago, three of us rocked up to see Roda play Heerenveen and we spent all afternoon before the game trying all the drinks in the Station Hotel in Kerkrade. One of those wonderful pubs with about a 100 draught taps. When asked what we wanted, we shrugged our shoulders and just said we'll start at one end and see how far we get.
Needless to say we don't remember much of the match and only just caught the last train back to Eindhoven. I'll go back there one day.....

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 23, 2017, 01:08:35 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Kerkrade is (or was) a strange place. One of my main memories of Kerkrade was the strange street where the Dutch-German border ran right down the middle for what seemed like about half a mile - the houses on one side were in Herzogenrath in Germany and the other side was Kerkrade in the Netherlands.  In the 1970's and 80's, when there was a real border requiring passport control, the actual border was a slightly raised kerb down the middle of the road, easy to step over. There were Dutch and German armed (I think) custom posts - one on either side of the road but separated by  that half a mile (or so- the memory can play tricks).  There was an incident where one of the border guards was shot and killed - I can't remember the details but it may have been related to Baader-Meinhof groups.

Just found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/5fbk1h/the_dutchgerman_border_goes_straight_through_the/

Here is the border I was talking about, Germany on the right, Netherlands on the left - apparently 20DM fine for stepping across it.

https://i.imgur.com/K4Ga3W6.jpg

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 23, 2017, 01:26:14 pm by RedJ »
That is bizarre to say the least.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 23, 2017, 01:52:57 pm by Axholme Lion »
The Milwall fans really are a disgrace, It says a lot when you have the manager and players telling them to "f**k off"
Then afterwards Steve Morrison said "They've ruined it for me"

Glad we've kept Bradford in the league, Its a local game where we should take a respectable following.

Thanks for that. We get around 9,000 at home and sell 27,000 tickets for the final. I dare wager that most of those on the pitch have hardly been to a game all season. Usual idiots out for a day trip and ruining it for the rest of us when we go away and get clobbered with daft restrictions and kick off times etc.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 23, 2017, 02:11:08 pm by DRNaith »
What the fcuk are the bbc on about they use the term confronted then no signs of serious trouble .

If some fcuker confronts me I automatically feal for my safety and act accordingly .

Is "safety" the name you've given your baseball bat?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 26, 2017, 11:00:14 am by Mike_F »
Kerkrade is (or was) a strange place. One of my main memories of Kerkrade was the strange street where the Dutch-German border ran right down the middle for what seemed like about half a mile - the houses on one side were in Herzogenrath in Germany and the other side was Kerkrade in the Netherlands.  In the 1970's and 80's, when there was a real border requiring passport control, the actual border was a slightly raised kerb down the middle of the road, easy to step over. There were Dutch and German armed (I think) custom posts - one on either side of the road but separated by  that half a mile (or so- the memory can play tricks).  There was an incident where one of the border guards was shot and killed - I can't remember the details but it may have been related to Baader-Meinhof groups.

Just found this

https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/5fbk1h/the_dutchgerman_border_goes_straight_through_the/

Here is the border I was talking about, Germany on the right, Netherlands on the left - apparently 20DM fine for stepping across it.

https://i.imgur.com/K4Ga3W6.jpg

How bizarre! "Mam have you got 20 Deutschemarks please? I fell off my bike and ended up in Germany again".

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 28, 2017, 02:08:53 am by BobG »
If the Germans are re-surfacing the road do they divert the traffic into Holland for a few days?

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 28, 2017, 04:20:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »
 I heard that the Germans offered to re-surface both sides of the road providing Holland paid for it all, but they insisted on going Dutch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012