Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signed Doncaster Rovers shirt for charity...  (Read 1802 times)

Oldland Glover

Signed Doncaster Rovers shirt for charity...
« on May 23, 2017, 07:25:43 pm by Oldland Glover »
Hi all,

Hope the mods are okay with me posting this here (if not, please move it to where it should be...)

My name is Martin and I work for Yeovil Town Football Club along with my twin sons aged 16. Last month, we visited all 92 Premier & Nationwide League grounds collecting signed memorabilia to auction off upon our return. Had some fantastic times during the two weeks we were away, memories to last a lifetime. Watched twelve matches, met loads of ex-Yeovil players and collected about fifty items for the two charities - the Sir Bobby Robson Foundation and the Adam Stansfield Foundation. If you want to read more, our website is at http://www.4-2-3-1.org

We have a signed Donny home shirt available to bid on, courtesy of Andy Williams. I worked in the media department when Willo was at Huish Park & he very kindly donated this shirt to auction for charity. The shirt is now on eBay until 9.30pm on Thursday evening (25th May), we hope it will make a decent amount so please feel free to bid.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201928368802?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Thanks for allowing me to post and good luck next season. Based on the fact we seemed to follow each other around for the last 15 years, I'm hoping we'll come up to League One next season but I can't see it. Also, a big thanks to any forum users that we met at the Stag Inn on the evening we reached Doncaster. Lovely welcome, from lovely people.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ballysbackin

Re: Signed Doncaster Rovers shirt for charity...
« Reply #1 on May 23, 2017, 09:57:11 pm by ballysbackin »
I placed bid , a very worthy cause supported by many clubs.

Oldland Glover

« Reply #2 on May 25, 2017, 05:08:46 pm by Oldland Glover »
Thanks Bally, much appreciated.

Just a little bump as the shirt auction ends at 9.30pm tonight.

ballysbackin

« Reply #3 on May 25, 2017, 06:40:08 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes I have had an e-mail from e-bay just now, it is going quite well I am glad to see

ballysbackin

« Reply #4 on May 25, 2017, 09:35:41 pm by ballysbackin »
Odland Glover, I have failed but never mind it has been sold and my strategy failed me but you have made a pretty penny for your charities - you are to be congratulated.

Oldland Glover

« Reply #5 on May 28, 2017, 12:20:11 pm by Oldland Glover »
Thanks Bally, sorry that you weren't successful.  :unsure:

Only two shirts (Brighton and Preston) plus two balls (Hereford and Liverpool) went for more money than the shirt so I'm pleased with that. We are up to the £1,000 mark on auctioned stuff now with shirts from Hull, Sunderland, Everton, Ipswich, Bristol City and England to go plus balls from Everton & Chelsea.. I'd hope we might make it to £2,000 - in addition, there's just over £600 on the Virgin Giving page too.

Good luck next season lads, will hope to draw you in a cup!!

ballysbackin

« Reply #6 on May 28, 2017, 08:21:33 pm by ballysbackin »
Every penny you raise for Charity is a penny more than they currently have, in my days of raising money for Charity I never set a figure, because of my nature. I would not be polite if we did not reach the target, so I was advised to be grateful for the charity supplied, these days I give plenty. Not to be a big head but because I know that money is difficult to raise. For Instance and for personal reason I never walk past a Breast Cancer Bucket.

Congratulations indeed and I would believe your chosen Charities will be very well grateful for your kindness. Donny v Yeovil on neutral ground in Semis of FA Cup and that is a dream for us, and not impossible either. Good Luck to you too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012