Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:46:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sam Allardyce  (Read 4623 times)

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
Sam Allardyce
« on May 24, 2017, 04:37:24 pm by Fur Calf »
He has resigned from Crystal Palace, he's part of the managerial merry go round eg. like  Alan Pardew, Ian Dowie, Danny Wilson etc. He's also a very greedy man as exposed when he was England manager and was subsequently sacked for it.  Following on from that he should never have got another job in football.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Sam Allardyce
« Reply #1 on May 24, 2017, 10:29:10 pm by Draytonian III »
And  ?????

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 24, 2017, 10:37:30 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Allardyce is five times the manager of Dowie or Wilson even if you don't like his style.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 24, 2017, 10:41:33 pm by wilts rover »
Being greedy should disqualify you from working in professional football....will there be enough players left to field two teams never mind four divisions!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 24, 2017, 11:07:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
Next stop. China.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 24, 2017, 11:11:14 pm by GazLaz »
He's said he will never manage again. Strange. Unless it's on the back of health advice perhaps.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 24, 2017, 11:13:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He has had ticker problems before so don't blame him.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 25, 2017, 07:26:40 am by Metalmicky »
I personally hope he isn't seen near a football club again....

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 25, 2017, 07:29:13 am by phil old leake »
Who cares

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 25, 2017, 08:56:38 am by graingrover »
He introduced a comprehensive induction programme for overseas players  AND THEIR FAMILIES arriving in England for the first time when he was at Bolton .The programme included language courses and assistance in settling into new surroundings and culture. His players'well being didn't just stem from a fat wage packet and Sam cared . 

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 25, 2017, 12:56:43 pm by phil old leake »
And

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 25, 2017, 01:27:43 pm by NickDRFC »
Who cares

Word of advice.

If you don't care about Sam Allardyce, you're probably best off avoiding any thread that is titled "Sam Allardyce".

Graingrover - although I've no doubt that's true, it was because the ultimate beneficieries would be Bolton and Big Sam himself. Nothing wrong with that, but he's always struck me as somene almost entirely motivated by self-interest.

I can't see him turning down whichever PL club is struggling next year that dangles a £2m bonus under his nose, either.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 25, 2017, 01:56:42 pm by roversdude »
He had a spell in US and brought that mentality over here
Innovative at the time but never turned down an extra pound or two later on

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 25, 2017, 02:18:54 pm by balbyrover »
He has been a very good manager to be honest, the England fiasco was a disgrace though and what he did was comlletely unacceptable.
Greed makes people do shocking things though.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 25, 2017, 02:49:44 pm by Drover »
Who cares

Word of advice.

If you don't care about Sam Allardyce, you're probably best off avoiding any thread that is titled "Sam Allardyce".

Graingrover - although I've no doubt that's true, it was because the ultimate beneficieries would be Bolton and Big Sam himself. Nothing wrong with that, but he's always struck me as somene almost entirely motivated by self-interest.

I can't see him turning down whichever PL club is struggling next year that dangles a £2m bonus under his nose, either.

Nick,Football is full of people almost entirely motivated by self-interest,infact I go as far as say,it's a trait that often makes them more successful than if they was not.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 25, 2017, 04:26:37 pm by not on facebook »
I might be on my own here but I think the FA were stupid to sack big Sam ,as did he not say during that episode that he would have to clear whatever with the FA first.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 25, 2017, 04:32:13 pm by GazLaz »
He was unlucky to get the sack, wouldn't be like the FA to get a desision right though would it. We would have done better under him.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 27, 2017, 12:50:35 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I might be on my own here but I think the FA were stupid to sack big Sam ,as did he not say during that episode that he would have to clear whatever with the FA first.

err yes ..... when you are with potentially "dodgy people" you think "self preservation"
but as usual we won't let the true facts get in the way of sensationalism

and nobody has twigged  who isn't Keshi's manager anymore

Funnily enough he gave that wrestler a  5 year contract presumably to play football -- i saw him in the match against fellow strugglers Burnley on tv when their were two sports (football and wrestling going on) and I was waiting for Jackie palo to come on as a substitute

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 27, 2017, 01:11:03 pm by ravenrover »
He has been a very good manager to be honest, the England fiasco was a disgrace though and what he did was comlletely unacceptable.
What did he actually do that was unacceptable or shocking?

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 30, 2017, 06:27:22 pm by balbyrover »
What did he actually do that was unacceptable or shocking?

He was actually caught on camera telling people how to get around certain loopholes in football, and third party ownership.  He was explaining how easy it is and how to make money from transfers etc.  Its completely corrupt.
I wouldn't want him to be representing our national team.  Any form of fixing etc should come with a lifetime ban from football .

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 01, 2017, 11:22:18 am by ravenrover »
And thats it? Something every manager in the Prem knows and probably does, not worth a sacking offence jmho

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 01, 2017, 04:57:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And thats it? Something every manager in the Prem knows and probably does, not worth a sacking offence jmho

So when you catch one of your employees telling somebody how to screw you, that's fine is it?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 01, 2017, 09:33:07 pm by BobG »
No Glyn. But singling out one chap from the many doing exactly the same (pace Fergie Snr...), making him a scapegoat and coming over all holier than thou is not fine either.

Cheers

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 01, 2017, 09:47:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
No Glyn. But singling out one chap from the many doing exactly the same (pace Fergie Snr...), making him a scapegoat and coming over all holier than thou is not fine either.

Cheers

BobG

The FA had to act on the evidence they were given. It wasn't them trying to catch him out but they couldn't ignore the matter once it came to light and didn't have any other option.

PS Fergie Snr has never been an FA employee...has he? So they have never been in a position to sack him.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 02, 2017, 01:41:23 am by BobG »
No. But he was a very senior manager in an organisation policed by the FA. They didn't need to sack him. They have more than enough sanctions available that would have rendered his position untenable.

Bob

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 02, 2017, 06:44:28 am by GazLaz »
No. But he was a very senior manager in an organisation policed by the FA. They didn't need to sack him. They have more than enough sanctions available that would have rendered his position untenable.

Bob

They were governed by The Premier League really.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 02, 2017, 07:48:58 am by idler »

Bob
I remember him being told that he must give after match interviews to the BBC for MOTD after he fell out with them.
He refused for about two years and was eventually fined about £10k I think, small change to him.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on June 02, 2017, 10:22:04 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Bob

What evidence did they have though, and about what?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012