Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:57:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 'Udders promoted  (Read 3380 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
'Udders promoted
« on May 29, 2017, 05:57:35 pm by les@donr »
Well done to 'Udders in their promotion to the Prem, sticks a middle finger at that club at E Road who think they are the top dog of Yorkshire.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
Re: 'Udders promoted
« Reply #1 on May 29, 2017, 06:02:08 pm by Susan Abbott »
Well done to 'Udders in their promotion to the Prem, sticks a middle finger at that club at E Road who think they are the top dog of Yorkshire.
Good for Yorkshire and football , we can follow where others lead !

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 29, 2017, 06:04:42 pm by mushRTID »
Well done to them. Does make me feel jealous though. Swansea, hull, udders, Bournemouth all clubs we've battled with over recent years have had their time....hope we do one day.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 29, 2017, 06:06:58 pm by Filo »
Well, that will piss the white shites off 😀😀😀😀

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 29, 2017, 06:10:17 pm by Dare to dream! »
They were they better team today, congrats!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 29, 2017, 06:10:30 pm by not on facebook »
How long before whatever other club from Yorkshire steps upto to the plate

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 29, 2017, 06:13:26 pm by not on facebook »
Man utd v Huddersfield or Huddersfield v man utd will be there local derby next term due rest of Yorkshire still playing football in a cave

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 29, 2017, 06:33:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »
In 2003-04 we were promoted from tier 4 along with Hull and Huddersfiled who have both reached the premier league. On the other hand the other promoted team were Torquay who narrowly avoided relegation to the Conference South this season.

I am happy with where we have been over the last 14 years.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 29, 2017, 06:43:24 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I'm with you Dutch.
I dont begrudge Huddersfield their time in the sun. They will have their visits to a few top clubs and only pay £20 for an away match.
Guess what I've got something, far far better.
I support Donny Rovers till I die.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 29, 2017, 06:44:11 pm by Metalmicky »
Well done Huddersfield and Wagner. Only found out a few weeks back that he played for FC Gütersloh back in 1997. I also played for them back in 1985 - when they were significantly smaller... and I was significantly fitter..

Great to see them show us the way to the golden ticket - and on a budget.  It could have been us in 2009/10

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 29, 2017, 06:45:47 pm by Filo »
In 2003-04 we were promoted from tier 4 along with Hull and Huddersfiled who have both reached the premier league. On the other hand the other promoted team were Torquay who narrowly avoided relegation to the Conference South this season.

Swansea finished 10th that season, and they have reached the Premier League as well

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 29, 2017, 06:49:08 pm by mushRTID »

So am i but we're only here once. Would love to see it if only for one season.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 29, 2017, 06:51:48 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thanks Filo, as a Swansea lad I have enjoyed that a lot, and they are making a fist of surviving at that level.

By the way, a huge congratulations to Huddersfield, I am really chuffed for them.

Still happy with Rovers, a real club.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 29, 2017, 06:54:48 pm by besty »
Man utd v Huddersfield or Huddersfield v man utd will be there local derby next term due rest of Yorkshire still playing football in a cave

Or will it be Burnley v Huddersfield  ???

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 29, 2017, 06:57:11 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Well done Huddersfield and Wagner. Only found out a few weeks back that he played for FC Gütersloh back in 1997. I also played for them back in 1985 - when they were significantly smaller... and I was significantly fitter..

Great to see them show us the way to the golden ticket - and on a budget.  It could have been us in 2009/10

I have played cricket at Guetersloh in the late 70's and early 80's (for AFCENT, where I was a civilian at the time)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 29, 2017, 07:00:10 pm by Dutch Uncle »

So am i but we're only here once. Would love to see it if only for one season.

I don't disagree with that Mush  :scarf:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 29, 2017, 07:11:19 pm by roversdude »
Congratulations to udders

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 29, 2017, 07:58:09 pm by acko »
well done to huddersfield the team that tried to win in   normal time did win.now the hard work begins the estimate of 170 mill might well be needed,considering that 3 of there better players will be going back to their parent clubs.Obviosly the wage bill will go up Keeping their manager might not be easy.Dont want to put a damp squid in what they have achieved trying to put things in perspective

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 29, 2017, 08:18:08 pm by RedJ »
Bet you're a right laugh at parties... yeah we're having a great time but we'll die some day!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 29, 2017, 09:05:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's great the Huddersfield have achieved this rather than the yo-yoing of Reading. Similarly with Hull who have had their chance.

I expected the Owls to do it this time but Fair play to Huddersfield with the 'dogged' determination!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 29, 2017, 09:26:41 pm by rich1471 »
Been at work all day and just watched the game well done Huddersfield what it it does do is give smaller clubs like ourselves real hope of acchiving a dream even if it is for one season, who would not want that that

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 29, 2017, 11:20:30 pm by balbyrover »
Like many others, i dream of the day we reach the promise land.. Just one season would do.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 30, 2017, 12:35:32 am by gillinghamrover »

I have played cricket at Guetersloh in the late 70's and early 80's (for AFCENT, where I was a civilian at the time)
I kicked tin many times in Gütersloh supporting the Harrier strike force ( we had loads of them back in the 80's)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 30, 2017, 06:12:51 am by Metalmicky »

I kicked tin many times in Gütersloh supporting the Harrier strike force ( we had loads of them back in the 80's)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also did tour at AFCENT - loved Brunssum.  Played for AFCENT Knights at both rugby and footy.

Used to deploy from Gütersloh with 3(F) Sqn - some very happy days...

ballysbackin

« Reply #24 on May 30, 2017, 08:26:30 am by ballysbackin »
I am no lover of Udders as they usually had the knack of beating Donny. BUT just to be up there and sh*t heads in the other bit of West Riding  are a TLO under the shadow of Udders.  :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 30, 2017, 08:49:10 am by Donnywolf »
It's great the Huddersfield have achieved this rather than the yo-yoing of Reading. Similarly with Hull who have had their chance.

I expected the Owls to do it this time but Fair play to Huddersfield with the 'dogged' determination!

Terrierable pun !

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 30, 2017, 12:41:15 pm by Axholme Lion »
Like many others, i dream of the day we reach the promise land.. Just one season would do.

No thanks. It is the epitome of every thing i hate about football. Money.money,money, over paid players, plastic fans decked out like christmas trees.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 30, 2017, 06:29:08 pm by balbyrover »

No thanks. It is the epitome of every thing i hate about football. Money.money,money, over paid players, plastic fans decked out like christmas trees.

But its still the best platform that we as a club will ever compete on, if we dont have aspirations to reach the top then why bother playing?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 31, 2017, 12:20:01 pm by Alan Southstand »
I will add my congrats to Huddersfield, too. It really doesn't seem that long ago I was sat in their main stand supporting us!

Well done.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 31, 2017, 01:23:23 pm by RedJ »
Doesn't seem that long ago we were kicking off at potentially being kicked out for standing up...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012