Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 02:35:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New players  (Read 9025 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
New players
« on May 31, 2017, 05:43:33 pm by Retdon1 »
Didn't Ferguson say last week he was hoping to have most of his signings done by this Friday. Idd say there's not much chance of that happening with it now being Wednesday evening. Hopefully with out of contract players becoming free agents tomorrow, we might see some new arrivals.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
Re: New players
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2017, 05:48:08 pm by BigKeif »
Can only hope he's got them all tied up but not announced anything yet. Just have to wait and see.

ballysbackin

« Reply #2 on May 31, 2017, 05:50:01 pm by ballysbackin »
Didn't Ferguson say last week he was hoping to have most of his signings done by this Friday. Idd say there's not much chance of that happening with it now being Wednesday evening. Hopefully with out of contract players becoming free agents tomorrow, we might see some new arrivals.

He did, he also has said nothing since..JM was all signed up directly at end of season but has not done so yet. I think he learned these tactics from his old man, who did not do badly.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 31, 2017, 06:00:45 pm by the vicar »
He has got to inform the silver members forst

ballysbackin

« Reply #4 on May 31, 2017, 06:01:34 pm by ballysbackin »
Yes Dave

I saw that too, that really will get people to part with £150.......

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2017, 06:31:27 pm by RoversAlias »
It's almost as if Fergie doesn't have to reveal all of his dealings and negotiations with the public as he does it.

darren61

« Reply #6 on May 31, 2017, 06:34:11 pm by darren61 »
Well lets hope we have a silver member among us that will spill the beans.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2017, 07:06:35 pm by Superspy »
Yes Dave

Silver membership is a standard Season Ticket. Silver Plus is the 150 quid extra thing you're referring to.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 31, 2017, 07:10:20 pm by RedJ »

I feel like I'm missing something...

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 31, 2017, 07:15:26 pm by Metalmicky »

I feel like I'm missing something...

Yep Forst is code for Mr Frost.... he will reveal everything.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 31, 2017, 08:13:28 pm by Superspy »
The club announced that they will inform Silver members about transfer news via email before announcing on the DRFC site.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 31, 2017, 08:36:32 pm by DearneValleyRover »
By there's some moaning barstewards on here. 8 weeks before panic needs to step in. Oh if you want to know first buy a silver membership and sto whining

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 31, 2017, 08:56:18 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We'll see what happens tomorrow. I suspect any news will be in the public domain before many of us Silver Surfers will have had chance to read our e-mails.

It's all a bit of a gimmick, although nice to receive the transfer news directly, it wouldn't inspire me to buy a Silver membership if I didn't already have one.

I may be a bit greedy, but I'm hoping for more than one announcement. Watch this space!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 31, 2017, 09:04:43 pm by selby »
Reminder,must check my emails tomorrow(cannot wait)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 01, 2017, 12:13:55 am by RoversAlias »
I'm a season ticket holder again now but didn't even give them my e-mail address, so I guess I'll just have to find out ten minutes later like every other layman.

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on June 01, 2017, 07:13:05 am by ballysbackin »
Yes Dave

Silver membership is a standard Season Ticket. Silver Plus is the 150 quid extra thing you're referring to.

Oh in that case when they e mail me I will feel very honored I will be impotent. Yes I spelled it right

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 01, 2017, 08:13:54 am by Campsall rover »
1 have been told DF is on holiday so I don't think we will here about any signings this week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 01, 2017, 09:11:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, if at least one signing is in the bag, it doesn't need DF's presence to announce it.

Now the club has prepared us to receive e-mail notifications, it will be bad form to raise our expectations if there is nothing in the offing.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 01, 2017, 09:15:15 am by the vicar »
Well lets hope we have a silver member among us that will spill the beans.
that's fine but if one did put it on here someone would stick it in the rumours bin

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 01, 2017, 09:28:02 am by the vicar »
It's Gavins and the chairman's job to sign players DF just tells them which players he wants

ballysbackin

« Reply #20 on June 01, 2017, 09:37:31 am by ballysbackin »
Well, if at least one signing is in the bag, it doesn't need DF's presence to announce it.

Now the club has prepared us to receive e-mail notifications, it will be bad form to raise our expectations if there is nothing in the offing.

As I said previously, a lot of money to receive an e-mail...Sales talk just to sell season tickets, it is getting a bit over the top now for my mind and if DF is on holiday why spout dates and deals will be announced when there is  no intention of doing so....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 01, 2017, 09:44:41 am by idler »
I was a STH for the nine seasons before last  and getting an early email wouldn't have made me feel any better than other supporters.
Does this now make fans that aren't STHs feel less valued though?

ballysbackin

« Reply #22 on June 01, 2017, 09:52:50 am by ballysbackin »
It isn't me who has profiled the Silver membership but I DO certainly agree with you. There should be no select group at all, to be honest it would never work because someone who may get a mail will open it to all, Sales Gimmick and I am getting fed up of it. Just like all of us on this site ten times a day to see of any news.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 01, 2017, 10:26:48 am by the vicar »
Mick the club don't put enough on other than selling stuff in closed season.  Mansfield do a weekly managers interview but for the week fatty is on his hols, most clubs put things on there site once a day to keep people interested or they go off the boil

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 01, 2017, 10:29:24 am by drfc1951 »
I was a STH for the nine seasons before last  and getting an early email wouldn't have made me feel any better than other supporters.

No

ballysbackin

« Reply #25 on June 01, 2017, 10:46:34 am by ballysbackin »
Dave, I was told towards the end of the season when the final tribute was going to be paid to all our lost loved ones and fellow Rovers supporters, that the club would not mention it as they did not wish to use (quite rightly to I may add) the now deceased supporters to sell more tickets, I cannot put it in any ways other than that, they did not wish to detract from the deceased supporters and at the same time push sales of ST, I was alos told that if enough st were sold then the owners would believe that the public are behind the club and release DF the funds he needs. If a poor sales record on Season Tickets were sold the it would be a make do season....From the Club and neither will I divulge who said it. BUT we are now in June and the club appear to still want more Silver Members and using the early notification of signings, I got my season ticket and daughters before the end of the season, as we were sailing to the title, knowing that I would not be able to get to about half the games, but I put my money in as all of you others have, I do feel a little mift to be honest.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 01, 2017, 10:48:42 am by Alan Southstand »
Mansfield do a weekly managers interview but for the week fatty is on his hols, most clubs put things on there site once a day to keep people interested or they go off the boil

Weekly?, they will have been having daily interviews with their early signings, currently totalling 11. 11 out and 11 in and its now just into June - not bad going that!

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 01, 2017, 11:12:02 am by Dare to dream! »
Will be a signing today according to Liam Hoden

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 01, 2017, 05:57:41 pm by Jonathan »
Mansfield do a weekly managers interview but for the week fatty is on his hols, most clubs put things on there site once a day to keep people interested or they go off the boil

Weekly?, they will have been having daily interviews with their early signings, currently totalling 11. 11 out and 11 in and its now just into June - not bad going that!

I think it's great if you achieve success by signing anything and everything in sight! I'm not sure that's a tried and tested method.

Where we are concerned, I'd prefer us to pursue quality over quantity and there's absolutely no need for us to have everything done yet. Two confirmed is a good start, more to come over the next month I'd expect. 

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 01, 2017, 06:01:06 pm by RedJ »
Two? who's the other? or is that including Mason?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012