Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:59:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 5337 times)

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
Next season
« on June 01, 2017, 07:47:53 am by RTID!!! »
All predictions, worries, exetera

I reckon we will be in the playoffs.

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Next season
« Reply #1 on June 01, 2017, 08:12:23 am by Campsall rover »
All predictions, worries, exetera

I reckon we will be in the playoffs.

COYR
I do like positive thinking, play offs why not?
But we do need 4/5 quality signings to have a realistic chance.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 01, 2017, 08:12:56 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
8th.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 01, 2017, 08:27:03 am by LincsRover »
I will be ecstatic to be wrong and get anywhere near the playoffs but my thinking at the moment, after our last five games, is that I'll be glad to stay up next season. Anything more than a relegation battle and it will be a good season. Of course, by August it will be full on excitement that footie is back, last season will be forgotten and I'll be backing us to be champions!!

:clapping:

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 01, 2017, 09:09:10 am by phil old leake »
I don't think that there is a lot of difference between top of league 2 and league 1.  I feel we will be safely top half and with some decent signings we could push on and challenge for play offs

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 01, 2017, 09:09:18 am by the vicar »
It is to difficult to say at the min till we know we are bringing in, someone told me 2 days ago that we are 3rd favourites to go up again but what do they know, my prediction will be near the end of the month

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 01, 2017, 09:16:26 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Play offs. I'm putting money on it. It's amazing how a couple of players with fresh talent can change the performance level.

We saw what a big difference Houghton made last season. A couple of quality signings can push us on to even greater success!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 01, 2017, 09:28:39 am by selby »
Bradford are very similar to Plymouth,big strong,not very exiting to watch, who just seam to grind you down, and take a chance when it presents itself.
    The season before last there were quite a few teams like that in this division,and you have got to take your chances against these type of teams, and that season we didnt.
    After Christmas our goals dried up,but I think (know) we are better up front than we were that season.
    If we add well and the players are confident we could do very well,there was nothing in the four play off teams last season in Div 1 that scared me,all of them were of the same ilk.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 01, 2017, 09:45:20 am by godlike1 »
Mid table at best. I'm not too disappointed with that as we need to aclimatise ourselves at league 1 level again and going up too soon would be our downfall I think.

I'm really still waiting to be impressed by Fergie and doubt both his tactile nouse and defensive knowledge

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 01, 2017, 09:50:04 am by idler »
Predictive text?😉
Fergie doesn't come across as touchy feely.
I'd go for mid table at the minute, any higher depending on signings.

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 01, 2017, 09:56:37 am by gillinghamrover »
I will be doing my usual 2 bets with the bookies, payed off a couple of times over the years!
1. Champions out right.
2. Promoted by any means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 01, 2017, 11:37:31 am by RoversAlias »
I think we can compete but, head over heart, unless we make some breathtaking signings I will be more than happy to see us finish in the top half.

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 01, 2017, 12:17:06 pm by Dabby »
It is to difficult to say at the min till we know we are bringing in, someone told me 2 days ago that we are 3rd favourites to go up again but what do they know, my prediction will be near the end of the month

We are around the 20/1 mark to win it.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/winner

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 01, 2017, 12:39:05 pm by RedJ »
Lower midtable. Probable random collapse in form at some stage.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 01, 2017, 09:39:58 pm by BobG »
Given how relatively poorly the staggeringly good Northampton championship team have done this season, I suspect it would take something quite dramatic to put us up there near the top. But, of course, there are about 17 billion variables involved so anything at all could happen - from outright top to outright bottom. Forecasting is a mugs game!

BobG

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 01, 2017, 09:43:20 pm by mushRTID »
13th

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 01, 2017, 10:30:34 pm by Rovers91 »
All depends on who we bring in but got to be looking at top half minimum, if we have a good summer why can't we push for playoffs?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 01, 2017, 11:01:51 pm by roversontheup »
Im going fir a top 10 finish and depending on new signings a play off place. Impossible to predict with any certainty until we see what ours and everyone else's line ups will be come August.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 01, 2017, 11:51:56 pm by PDX_Rover »
Playoffs - and a ten year anniversary Wembley trip.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 02, 2017, 06:17:46 pm by RedRover45 »
11th

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 02, 2017, 07:10:29 pm by keith79 »
i maybe the only one but anything other than playoff will imo be a rubbish season. the season we got relegated fergi said that team was good enough for the playoffs. Now 12 months on we have a better team. for me playoffs minimum.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 02, 2017, 07:25:23 pm by drfchound »
......and he has no excuses now, his second season with his own squad.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 02, 2017, 08:46:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
There won't be excuses but I'm not sure we will have a good enough squad for the playoffs unless all the 5 players who are on the transfer list leave the club. We need the 5 players DF is planning to sign plus at least three more who we may not get.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 03, 2017, 04:38:34 pm by graingrover »
 There is nothing like feeling trusted and supported by your own fans eh!
   Once we have got the present (overdone) gloom out of the system the feel good factor back will soon flow back in . I have faith that the club has the right management and Board support to add sufficient strength to enable the squad to have a good go at back to back promotions.   

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 03, 2017, 09:26:19 pm by Lincoln Rover »
I'm quietly confident that we will do well. We talk about signings, strengthening the squad, strikers and defenders etc. To me one of the most important days is fixture release day. We don't realise it at the time, but it will determine good runs, who who meet and when. Whether we have a difficult run in etc. Any other views on this?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 03, 2017, 09:33:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fixture release day always wets the appetite. Most are generally having a rest from football but once the fixtures come out, we can start anticipating and take a keener interest in the shape of the squad.

This coming season is likely to be a pivotal one. If we are to rekindle the interest lost during the Dickov era, then Ferguson needs to push us on.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 03, 2017, 11:04:49 pm by Susan Abbott »
i maybe the only one but anything other than playoff will imo be a rubbish season. the season we got relegated fergi said that team was good enough for the playoffs. Now 12 months on we have a better team. for me playoffs minimum.
It has to be said that DF is still only getting the Rovers back to where he came in . He got us relegated and stuttered at the end getting promotion. We are a good side in League 2 but the fact that he's still forming a team tells me that we were not going to succeed in League 1 without shuffling the deck .We had over half a dozen loans last season and this will be the same next time . I doubt that there will be big sighings coming in as the loan market
has more potential for us , as we are looking to compete and players like being in a team that's trying .

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 04, 2017, 04:10:32 am by les@donr »
Getting Houghton back or a Houghton type player will be key to our success next season.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 04, 2017, 08:57:15 am by Alan Southstand »
Way too early to be predicting. Of course, we would all love us to be up there again, but as things stand, we are nowhere near a good enough squad. Still desperately in need of a 'gaffer' in midfield, someone who can take charge of things from the middle of the park.

We are all waiting with baited breath with the Marquis situation, as if he leaves, we are well and truly stuffed up top! We need John to extend and then follow that with a good signing of a strike partner for him (2 20 goal a season strikers will see us mid-table, at least). Mandeville and May have potential and promise, but we need more than that in league 1.

Defensively, the next signing is critical - get the right sort of centre back and I believe we'll be ok in this area. The same thing with the keepers.

So, the next 3 signings are going to be extremely helpful in letting us know what sort of season we're going to have. They all need to be ready for the first team and able to make a considerable impact on the team. Anything other than that and we'll struggle.

The one remaining thing that might scupper us is being unlucky (again) with injuries to our main performers, as our squad will probably be light.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 04, 2017, 08:59:48 am by glosterred »
To be honest as long as we are not relegated again I'd be reasonably happy but would expect and hope for mid table or better.

COYR

TinyPortal © 2005-2012