Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:54:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: European Kitson of the Year  (Read 2689 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
European Kitson of the Year
« on June 04, 2017, 07:48:04 am by Donnywolf »
Sergio Ramos surely

I am increasingly getting bored with the "big" boys Leagues and Cups. They are turning them into a cheats charter where anything goes in pursuit of winning

Ramos is one of those. OK he is Captain so can speak to the Ref and he took every opportunity to do so - defending the indefensible most of the time but almost Refereeing the game himself

The Ref let him get away with fouls including the one where amazingly he claimed to have got the ball. (He touched it but that was a by product) He stood up gesturing to the Ball and got away with a Card despite it being way way more serious a foul than the Juve player got a Yellow for

Then he was involved in the incident with the Juve player Mandjucic (cant be bothered to check spelling) and then got the other Juve player sent off with his massive over reaction. I could go on but I turned off as I did not want to watch him and his other cheating mates (serial foulers) prosper

European Kitson of the year - unopposed surely ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: European Kitson of the Year
« Reply #1 on June 04, 2017, 08:14:38 am by graingrover »
Yet what a festival of football that was !

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 04, 2017, 08:19:45 am by idler »
I didn't even bother watching it.
It's like watching spoilt kids playing.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on June 04, 2017, 08:33:35 am by Draytonian III »
I watched it, only because it was on in the pub , the Juventus goal was one the best goals I've ever seen.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 04, 2017, 08:39:38 am by glosterred »
I was going to say Donald Tusk or Jean-Claude Juncker but then realised this was about football

COYR

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 04, 2017, 08:44:05 am by knockers »
I thought it was a great game

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 04, 2017, 09:11:03 am by craigdrfc »
Agree with knockers ... great game to watch, 1st half was very good, 2nd half got niggly but still good to watch

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 04, 2017, 09:16:31 am by silent majority »
Ramos isn't a well liked player even in his own country. The Spanish crowd give him an awful time when hes playing for his national team. Not sure if thats because of his on field antics though.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 04, 2017, 09:27:51 am by Colemans Left Hook »
until about 6 weeks ago their was only going to be one winner Marcelo Of "Fake Madrid" sadly from an entertainment point of view (giving him marks out of ten for his dives at every player contact) he has totally failed to deliver the goods in Doncasteresque fashion (Rovers were 50 to 1 on to win the league and failed)

I actually forgot the match was on so didn't start watching until the 40th minute . Marcelo seems to have forgotten how to dive and needs to quickly go on a refresher course.

Old Ramos has been sent off at least twice this season. After the "fluke" goal to make it 2-1 which any team with the aid of a deflection could have scored against the BEST defence in the world (aka Juve) the game was up so after the 3rd i turned over and missed the offering(s) of Ramos
shame

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 04, 2017, 09:28:24 am by mushRTID »
It was a great game, not sure how anyone can deny that.

But Ramos has always been a cheat. Just glad it wasn't earlier in the game to ruin it.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 04, 2017, 09:39:34 am by Colemans Left Hook »
I watched it, only because it was on in the pub , the Juventus goal was one the best goals I've ever seen.
do you watch many matches ??
 it's the type you and I could score once in our lives it's called hit and hope and see what happens "do it again mate" and don't cut your hair til you do !!! i'd say to 'im

sadly goalkeepers haven't worked out if you use two hands you have a better chance to saving (nobody even saves money nowadays) - i should say stopping a goal  for once steven gerard came up with a valid point about goalkeepers playing to the crowd :chair: :chair: :chair:

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 04, 2017, 10:05:46 am by Goole Rover »
Sergio Ramos surely

I am increasingly getting bored with the "big" boys Leagues and Cups. They are turning them into a cheats charter where anything goes in pursuit of winning

Ramos is one of those. OK he is Captain so can speak to the Ref and he took every opportunity to do so - defending the indefensible most of the time but almost Refereeing the game himself

The Ref let him get away with fouls including the one where amazingly he claimed to have got the ball. (He touched it but that was a by product) He stood up gesturing to the Ball and got away with a Card

despite it being way way more serious a foul than the Juve player got a Yellow for

Then he was involved in the incident with the Juve player Mandjucic (cant be bothered to check spelling) and then got the other Juve player sent off with his massive over reaction. I could go on but I turned off as I did not want to watch him and his other cheating mates (serial foulers) prosper

European Kitson of the year - unopposed surely ?

Reminds me of someone Pap, can you recall ?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 04, 2017, 11:33:25 am by NickDRFC »
Ramos isn't a well liked player even in his own country. The Spanish crowd give him an awful time when hes playing for his national team. Not sure if thats because of his on field antics though.

Are you thinking of Pique? Ramos was booed a couple of years ago by Real Madrid fans when he was angling for a better contract with them, but I don't think he's unpopular with Spain fans in general. Pique however is regularly booed by the Spain fans because of his views re Catalan independence.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 04, 2017, 11:49:53 am by Bezza »
Great  Final with some of the worlds best players on view tremendous 2nd half from Real Madrid.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 04, 2017, 01:03:40 pm by Donnywolf »

Old Ramos has been sent off at least twice this season. After the "fluke" goal to make it 2-1 which any team with the aid of a deflection could have scored against the BEST defence in the world (aka Juve) the game was up so after the 3rd i turned over and missed the offering(s) of Ramos
shame

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/23/sergio-ramos-19-real-madrid-red-cards

22 Red Cards just for Real Madrid. OK there may be some he should not have got but I would bet they are outweighed by ones where Refs have let him off more because of the "big Team" connotations

What gripped me was that him and Casimeiro (or similar) were wading in with tackles far worse than the one in the 11th Minute for the Juve player and getting away with them. Ramos should have been booked for that horrendous "tackle" where he jumped up a pointedly pointed at the ball. Yellow all day long

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 04, 2017, 02:46:00 pm by Draytonian III »
do you watch many matches ??
 it's the type you and I could score once in our lives it's called hit and hope and see what happens "do it again mate" and don't cut your hair til you do !!! i'd say to 'im

sadly goalkeepers haven't worked out if you use two hands you have a better chance to saving (nobody even saves money nowadays) - i should say stopping a goal  for once steven gerard came up with a valid point about goalkeepers playing to the crowd :chair: :chair: :chair:

I watch quite a bit of football,and the goal was not just about the shot,the touches before were very good

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 04, 2017, 03:00:12 pm by not on facebook »
It's why I don't want my kids watching football today as a serious past time as I don't want them looking upto 95% of footballers today as they are all pricks .

Can only think of one player at DRFC that I would be happy for my kids to look upto and the fact that I don't have to name him ands weight to my claim

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 04, 2017, 10:19:19 pm by drfchound »
I keep reading how we need " a proper mester" centre back.
Someone like Ramos I assume?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:24:41 pm by drfchound »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 04, 2017, 11:27:10 pm by elmsallrover »
You can say what you want about ramos but I wish he was in our back four

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 04, 2017, 11:37:24 pm by boro_rover »
Ramos might be a bit of a dick but he knows how to play the game.

A lot of what he does is to get a reaction from an opponent. He takes no shit and he is happy to return the favour. He does make the odd rash tackle and you would hate him playing against you but he is very clever as a player.

Dyabala the Juve striker is one player I do hate though. A diving cheat if ever their was one.

Didn't see the game as I was busy gardening, but caught the highlights later. Ramos did nothing wrong for Cuadrados red - that was his own stupid fault for reacting.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 05, 2017, 08:03:02 am by acko »
Footbal now is full of divers and as been since the south americans started playing in this and other european countrys, its something the fifa and other football authorities are trying to stamp out.But dont throw everything at Ramos or Marcello we inthis country are not blameless,Hazard,Costa,Stirling are three of the worst playing over here,Suarez probably the worst of the lot whats played here

TinyPortal © 2005-2012